1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set up 2 separate phonebooks? Like a personal one and a business one? So you don't have to scroll through all business contacts to get to a personal contact.?
    Two Pres, side by side, should do the trick.
    No need to do any scrolling....the magic of universal search.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No need to do any scrolling....the magic of universal search.
    True,
    but was looking for 2 separate books if you will.
    Why would you need to scroll at all? Just start typing their name.

Don't remember the person's name? No probem. If you put the business contact's company name in the Company field, you can look them up by their company name.

Why do people think they need to scroll through hundreds of names? I have over 1300 contacts on my phone and can find any one of them by typing 3 (maybe 4) letters.

Too easy.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Why would you need to scroll at all? Just start typing their name.

Don't remember the person's name? No probem. If you put the business contact's company name in the Company field, you can look them up by their company name.

Why do people think they need to scroll through hundreds of names? I have over 1300 contacts on my phone and can find any one of them by typing 3 (maybe 4) letters.

Too easy.
    Okay, here is 1 of my thoughts, i know about the universal search, but what if i driving around, and want to talk to someone, and i normally just start scrolling through contacts to see who i haven't spoke with in a while, and want to catch up. but they might be out of mind.
    Have you tried the Photodialer app?
    In the nickname field type in business, personal, family or some other category you want to use. Then when you start universal search, type business, all your contacts will come up with that in the nickname.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsenga View Post
    Okay, here is 1 of my thoughts, i know about the universal search, but what if i driving around, and want to talk to someone, and i normally just start scrolling through contacts to see who i haven't spoke with in a while, and want to catch up. but they might be out of mind.
    I would hope that you would NOT be driving around and try to scroll through ANY contact list (business or otherwise).

In any event, the answer is it doesn't do it. What you're asking for kind of goes against the whole point of Synergy and having a unified contact list.

But I think what you are really seeking is category support.
    I think Tiger wishes he had two phone books.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fredewins View Post
    Now that is funny!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by fredewins View Post
    Hahaha! I think Tiger wishes he had used better judgement and then he wouldn't have NEEDED two phone books...or phones...or to sneak around.
    What might be nice is to have an option on the sort so that Contacts with no Company Name could sort to the top (right now if you sort by Company Name the "None"s sort at the bottom. That would probably allow your personal Contacts to float to the top.

I'm also a little surprised they don't let you select which "accounts" are displayed. The Calendar lets you do this. Having personal vs. business accounts would make a lot of sense.

But for the moment, having another app like PhotoDialer would accomplish most of what you ask. You can add some (all?) of your personal contacts in there and just use it to scroll and dial
    What might be nice is to have an option on the sort so that Contacts with no Company Name could sort to the top (right now if you sort by Company Name the "None"s sort at the bottom. That would probably allow your personal Contacts to float to the top.

I'm also a little surprised they don't let you select which "accounts" are displayed. The Calendar lets you do this. Having personal vs. business accounts would make a lot of sense.

But for the moment, having another app like PhotoDialer would accomplish most of what you ask. You can add some (all?) of your personal contacts in there and just use it to scroll and dial
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I agree, should be able to display a single contact source at one time. There should also be category display and grouping options, some contacts from different contact sources will fall into the same categories for example.