1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I have daily recurring reminders in my phone. At first I thought something was wrong and it was only popping up as a reminder 50% of the time. However, today I noticed that it is popping up, but if you don't acknowledge the reminder within 15minutes it simply disappears and stops reminding you.

I use my calendar to remind me to take medication, so it is important for me to not forget!

Also, I used to set these reminders to "do not show in calendar" in my Palm T. Right now they clutter my calendar.

Does anyone know of any movements on Palm's part to address these problems? Or possibly some kind of home brew / 3rd party application in the works?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Mine started reminding me an hour earlier than what it was set for. It was messed up. Deleted that series and re-did it.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicesocks View Post
    Hey guys,

I have daily recurring reminders in my phone. At first I thought something was wrong and it was only popping up as a reminder 50% of the time. However, today I noticed that it is popping up, but if you don't acknowledge the reminder within 15minutes it simply disappears and stops reminding you.

I use my calendar to remind me to take medication, so it is important for me to not forget!

Also, I used to set these reminders to "do not show in calendar" in my Palm T. Right now they clutter my calendar.

Does anyone know of any movements on Palm's part to address these problems? Or possibly some kind of home brew / 3rd party application in the works?
    Palm actually changed their calendar app to do this on purpose during a prior update, although many of us don't get why and are complaining about it. The solution, at least for now, is to set your events to a long time-frame. It's not that the event reminders default to disappear after 15 minutes, but rather that they disappear after the end time of the events. As such, if you set the events to be 2 hours long (instead of 15 minutes), for example, you won't miss the reminder if you look at the phone at least once every two hours. I know, not an elegant or desirable approach, but it appears to be the only way around this for now....Hopefully Palm will reset this back the way it was before they made this "update".
  4.    #4  
    Thanks ay.

It sucks that the only way to make the reminder last longer is to have it take up more room in my calendar, which is the opposite of what I want to do with these entries.

Oh well, thanks again.