1.    #1  
    how can i turn this off?..i noticed that when i go into darker areas the screen dims. thank you so much.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Are you sure? I wish mine did that. It's way too bright to use in low light situations.
    its a feature palm built in. It 1 helps conserve nattery when you don't need that much brightness just to see the screen. 2 its so it does not bother others when your texting during a movie.

that is what they said during sec 09
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Well I'm feeling ripped off. I'm on my second Pre and neither does it.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I've seen 3 Pre's and nada on any of them. But I'm a advocate at a Sprint store so have the Pixi and it does it very well just like a Blackberry(or any other phone that has the sensor to adjust brightness to conserve battery life). I always have to manually adjust my screen brightness as I leave the store at night(which I did on my old 700p Treo-hated having to do this then and now). Anyone's Pre does what it is suppose to do?