Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Which "rights," precisely, are you referring to? I certainly believe that our rights are being shredded in many ways, and have been for some time, but I'm wondering which ones you're speaking about in the context of, say, having one's GPS coordinates passed to the authorities.

These coordinates are part of a system maintained by a private party and, to my knowledge, this private party has provided no assurances that they will be kept confidential. Since this information is not being maintained on anything resembling my own personal property, I'm wondering what rights I have regarding it. And, I do have the right to refrain from using said system--I can always choose not to own and use a cell phone.

Also, the authorities having access to this information is no different, really, than if they were to use old fashioned methods such as surveillance to ascertain our locations. The old "follow that car" routine is essentially the same as what's happening here--presumably, the GPS coordinates provide information on your whereabouts outside of your own private property. Getting the information from Sprint is essentially just a shortcut.
    It's my understanding from reading this story on other forums and blogs, that the info was handed over without warrants. Do you believe your carrier should hand over your info without a warrant? Our carriers are in essence helping LE spy on their customers without warrants. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I know AT&T(supposedly Verizon too at one time) did similar crap before. Can't trust our own carriers we pay $60+ per month to protect our own info. So not only do we line their pockets big time, we've sold out our lives to them too???
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I came back to the forum to post this but found it was already posted.

For all of you that claim "I've done nothing wrong so what's the big deal..." I wonder if you would feel the same way if there was a some stranger following you around all day, every day, watching your every move. I suppose you voluntarily give as much info to LEO's every time you're pulled over because you assume they're there to help you. Sorry to say this, but you're wrong.

Watch this video.

Once I get up to 10 posts...
  3. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilpinkeye View Post
    oh please, unless you doing something crazy that would Obviously get you lubed up in the slammer (pun intended lol), there should be a reason to care. You be surprised how much of our Privacy has gone to hell. Might as well not use anything electric and live on a farm. :/
    If you aren't doing anything illegal then you wouldn't have a problem with the govt putting a camera inside your home, would you?

Go ahead and roll over. The rest of us will fight the keep the privacy (freedom) we have left.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12