1.    #1  
    Ok only have this problem with one persons text messages my Mom just got a new phone the LG Rumor and added text messaging to her plan when she first got it yesterday everything was fine but now when she texts me to my palm pre it shows up as coming from the 406 area number now I'm in Missouri and the area code here is 314 but the text from her shows as coming from 406-322-2973 then her name now she texted other people and it comes thru just fine for them only I see it as coming from the 406 number I have no idea where this number is coming from and I went to the sprint store thinking her phone or plan is messed up they decided it was somehow my phone as she can text everyone else just fine we totally deleted her contact from my phone and it still shows the text as coming from 4063222973 followed by her actual phone number also her texts are the only one doing this everyone else that texts me shows just fine...

I have no patches or themes on my phone although I am about to change that and add a few patches and a theme also I have not contacted palm yet but may do that to see what they have to say I really don't want to wipe my phone for this one issues but would like the text from her to show correctly.

I am enclosing a screen shot of the text message window as you can see it shows her name before the text and the phone number at the top is not hers no idea where this number is coming from if I take he contact out of my pre then her name in the message is replaced by her actual phone number but still shows it as coming from the 406 number oh and I can reply to that text and she gets my reply's just fine too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Bump 60 views with no reply's about the same response I got from sprint everyone in the store looked at it and could not figure it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    Ok only have this problem with one persons text messages my Mom just got a new phone the LG Rumor and added text messaging to her plan when she first got it yesterday everything was fine but now when she texts me to my palm pre it shows up as coming from the 406 area number now I'm in Missouri and the area code here is 314 but the text from her shows as coming from 406-322-2973 then her name now she texted other people and it comes thru just fine for them only I see it as coming from the 406 number I have no idea where this number is coming from and I went to the sprint store thinking her phone or plan is messed up they decided it was somehow my phone as she can text everyone else just fine we totally deleted her contact from my phone and it still shows the text as coming from 4063222973 followed by her actual phone number also her texts are the only one doing this everyone else that texts me shows just fine...

I have no patches or themes on my phone although I am about to change that and add a few patches and a theme also I have not contacted palm yet but may do that to see what they have to say I really don't want to wipe my phone for this one issues but would like the text from her to show correctly.

I am enclosing a screen shot of the text message window as you can see it shows her name before the text and the phone number at the top is not hers no idea where this number is coming from if I take he contact out of my pre then her name in the message is replaced by her actual phone number but still shows it as coming from the 406 number oh and I can reply to that text and she gets my reply's just fine too...
    Do you have google voice account and one of the google voice applications? The 406 is the prefix that google voice uses. Either you or her appear to have sms forwarding from google voice.
  4.    #4  
    we both have google voice she has no apps on her phone at all I use gdial pro but don't use it for sms hmmm thinking now do you think she is sending me the text to my google voice number she does have that number in her phone. Something for me to check when I get off work.

thanks
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think you will find that is the solution. I too experienced this when receiving texts from my wife and when I asked her, it turned out she was responding to a text I had sent via gvoice.