Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased my phone, as an unlocked phone from Expansys. If I press the red button and ### I can dial out and talk, but I cannot get to the software on the phone. It displays a message that I have to create a profile but even with network signal I still get profile creation failure. Please help.
    Where you are located and what is your carrier?
  3.    #3  
    bermuda, m3 wireless
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    I purchased my phone, as an unlocked phone from Expansys. If I press the red button and ### I can dial out and talk, but I cannot get to the software on the phone. It displays a message that I have to create a profile but even with network signal I still get profile creation failure. Please help.
    The version of WebOS on your phone is set to not allow data roaming and until you activate the phone you can't turn it on. Bit of a moment 22.

My advice would be to download WebOS Doctor and use that to install the latest version of WebOS (1.3.1) since that gives an option to allow data roaming at the activztion screen.

You can read through the english instructions here:

www.palm.com/rom

But since its a german device you should download the german version
    https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...47&cc=de&lc=de

Please note that you need java installed on you computer.

To put phone into mode to run WebOS doctor.

1. Turn the phone off completely.
    2. Put wall charger into the power socket.
    3. PUT USB-cable into Pre and while pressing the Volume Up key insert the other end of the USB into the wall charger.
    4. When a USB-logo appears on the screen remove the USB-cable from the wall charger and instead plug it into your computer.
    5. Run WebOS Doctor to install new version of WebOS.
    6. When update is done, activate roaming and you should be able to send in the activation.

Probably other solutions too but this is probably the official way of doing it.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    It probably means m3 wireless' settings aren't in the pre. borrow a sim card from a friend with a larger/more mainstream provider that is more likely to already have settings in the pre. Use it to activate, then put your own back in, do an update to 1.3.1 via wifi, and you'll then be able to enter the m3 wireless settings manually.

I had to do this with my virgin mobile one - it wouldn't connect to create the profile, so i borrowed a sim card from a friend on optus (a much larger provider that already had its settings in the pre).
  6.    #6  

trying it now. but sure it will work.. appreciated
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    andreas' suggestion will work, but the way i went about it doesn't reqire any hacking/webos doctoring. Once you have that activation, you can update to 1.3.1 the official way through wifi
  8.    #8  
    i am trying webos doctor, but dumb ?

will everything on phone be in german? because of webos?
  9.    #9  
    never mind.. i selected language choice through required options
    nevermind....doh...
  11.    #11  
    another dumb question i still can create profile. do i need to set up internet connection? how do i get to those settings please
  12.    #12  
    can you advise how i get in to fix it?
  13.    #13  
    I really appreciate your help. Yeah, they have really made me mad. Now that I have spent all this money on the phone, it will be a shame if I cannot get in. Something needs to be done. And they don't even know how to help us work with the phone. I use M3Wireless in Bermuda. The only other one here at present I think that use the unlocked sim cars is digicel.
  14.    #14  
    We have cellular one, but they were not on sim, unless they have just moved to the sim. There was talk they were going to.
  15.    #15  
    btw beautiful baby.
    For me my provider was in the DB correctly, but it still didnt work... for some reason the pre only picks up when I use the WAP apn (it picks up 3G and is quick, so it is doing something weird)...

Anyways, my procedure was the following:

Download webos doctor 1.3.1
    Restore the phone to factory
    Turn on, with SIM in, go to create profile
    fill in the form
    As it checks your e-mail it will fail, saying that there is no connection, it should now give you 2 options BBACK or EDIT SETTINGS (dont remember exactly the wording)... go to edit settings, and enter your carrier's info...

it should work after this...

Be advised, however, that the app catalog wont work for you.... like me, who also bought from expansys, we are screwed.... damn idiots....

honestly, the pre is very lacking imho... I bought it, imported it, and fiddle with it because I like gadgets, but every evening after I play with it a bit, I go back to the iphone... My contacts are a mess on the pre (mixed up all my facebook, msn, exchange contacts - not nearly as elegant as on android devices, doesnt even let me remove non-exchange contacts from view), my calendar doesnt show events on that day unless I scroll up and down to see them... (i.e. it doesnt default to showing the time where an event is present)... anyways, i dont mean to rain on your parade, but if you use it professinoally in any capacirty, I'm afraid youll be a bit disappointed.

anyways, sorry for this aside, i didnt eman to drag this way ot...
    Hmm... I gave her full instructions on how I got it to work.... and 1 paragraph comment... that is hardly my life story... (I'd be upset for you if your life story were this short and bitter)

Yes, as I said, 3G and EDGE work, palm profile creation finally worked, but app catalog wont work as you must create the palm profile with a sim from a valid network (valid for palm = the ones they support)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdagirl View Post
    Same prob with my expansys gsm pre in Australia.

Try googling the error message, you will find a solution. Think I brought up the keyboard, made a call or something, then left it sitting with the have to create a profile message that you are stuck on for 1/2 an hour or so, come back 'n then it all starts working.
  19.    #19  
    kiss kiss..ty soooooooooo much..you are the best
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Ok, if you're going with rvn84's proposed solution first, download Webos Doctor version 131 (this is the WR World Ready version for Germany, UK and Ireland):

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

Download it, connect your Pre to your computer and double-click the jar file. I've never needed to do this with 131 because I use an edited database file, but if rvn84's are correct, you may need these settings:

M3 Wireless
    MCC : 350
    MNC : 02

GPRS/EDGE settings
    APN address: net.bm
    Username: <empty>
    Password: <empty>
    Proxy: 209.4.229.39
    Port: 9201
    (or Proxy: 209.4.229.39:9201)

MMS settings
    APN: wap.bm
    Username: <empty>
    Password: <empty>
    Homepage: MMS-WEBTOP : Login Page
    Proxy: 209.4.229.39
    Port: 9201
    (or Proxy: 209.4.229.39:9201)

Voicemail number: 14413376245

SMS center: ???

If anyone can help getting this list complete, or correct where needed, pls do so of course.
    If it doesn't work, we'll need it to get you an edited database to import your Pre (start tape with Jaws tune)

You are just skillful. That is all the information for my carrier. I don't know how I can repay you. Hopefully it will work. I owe you one. Next time you are in Bermuda, I will give you a free night at one of our hotels. Thank you soo much. Ok. Lets see if it works first and if it does, you get a free night. Deal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast