1.    #1  
    Hi there,
    1st post on this board.
    It has been almost a year since i saw palm's presentation of the Pre at CES.. and I have been wanting one ever since.
    I am from Denmark - so couldn't just order it from the states..

So i got my German O2 Pre brought from ebay today.. and WOW.. even before i updated the OS, i think everything was soo impressive!
    I had read a lot about poor build-quality.. and really i do not think so. I think it has to wobble a little in closed position because of how it's designed.
    I'm quite impressed with the keyboard - Feels great (i got small hands).

I have two main Questions:

WIFI: I am able to connect to my WLAN - (WPA2-PSK) but no webpages will show up ( it just keeps loading) - if i connect to another network, it works fine. Even if i remove the password from my WLAN, the pre's browser still can't view any page - any suggestions?

SMS/missed call: So - My pre is locked, black screen.. and NOTHING happens when i get an sms or somebody has called me..
    I mean - one (or both-) of the gesture lights could be lighted up? - any solution here?

But.. in all - i am exstremly impressed by the pre, and especially the Webos..
    ....ok... i come form a HTC Touch Diamond.. so i think ANYTHING could impress me hehe

I hope somebody can help me with my questions
    your phone - as you have bought it on ebay.. was it a new unit? or an used one?
  3.    #3  
    It is brand new
    welcome. i just got mine myself! yesterday!

glad your with us, we have been waiting for you a long time.

i dont know how to fix the wifi issue, but the other i dont either.

as always, pre be with you.
  5.    #5  
    I fixed the notification issue by installing a tweak

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Anyone have a go on my WIFI problem?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Welcome to forums and congrats on purchasing your Pre!

I'm glad to see you got the LED Notifications patch.. one of my favorites! There are so many more great patches so don't hesitate to try more! Just keep in mind that when the next webOS update comes out, you'll need to remove ALL patches prior to installing the update.

As for your WiFi problem, the Pre handles most of that stuff automatically. At least it should. To confirm, tap the quick menu at the top of the screen, tap Wi-Fi, then tap your wifi connection and make sure "Automatic IP settings is turned on. By default it should be.

If it is turned on, try connecting to another Wi-Fi network and see if it works. Perhaps it's a setting specific to your network that's causing an issue.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7.    #7  
    Hi Tcub,
    Yeah - i am currently looking through all the great patches.. wonderful!
    Thanks for letting me know about removing these before next update.. (Can i just use the "RUN EPR" button in WebOS quick install?

About my WI FI problem - as I mention - the Wifi works fine over another network than my own - and my own network has automatic settings set.
    Quote Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
    Hi Tcub,
    Yeah - i am currently looking through all the great patches.. wonderful!
    Thanks for letting me know about removing these before next update.. (Can i just use the "RUN EPR" button in WebOS quick install?

About my WI FI problem - as I mention - the Wifi works fine over another network than my own - and my own network has automatic settings set.
    if you go into device info app and then swipe down fromtop left do the quick tests , one of the tests is a wifi test and maybe there is an issue . if that does not fix it then i would try web os repair utility ........................here is the link for you if you need it
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...repair+utility
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    If it's a new phone that was just updated and only has a few patches installed, running webOS Repair may not do anything.. It is worth it though but just saying.

janik_dk.. Didn't see where you mentioned you already tried it on other networks, sorry. You much have other Wi-Fi enabled devices connected to your network. Have you had similar issues with them?

On one hand, I want to say it's your Wi-Fi since your Pre can connect to other networks. On the other hand, you probably have other devices connected to your WiFi which would lead me to believe it's your Pre.

Also, you can use EPR to remove your patches prior to installing a webOS update.
    If I remember correctly, the Pre could only handle certain Wifi encryptions. I'm not sure which didn't work, I'd have to check.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Hmm, 802.11B/G/N are all backwards and forwards compatible so that wouldn't make a difference...

You said you've tried removing the password on your router, have you tried restarting the router?

Just a couple thoughts I figured I'd throw out there..
  12.    #12  
    Tcub: your help is greatly appreciated - thanks

I have ran the tests - with no problems showing up - so i think it might be my WLAN the Pre do not like.

Another "small" problem i noticed yeasterday: NO App store for people in Countrys where the pre has not officially been released.. Hope Palm will change that!
    It sounds like you're pretty clever with all of this, but perhaps it needs asking: Are you sure all the settings on your router are okay? Specifically, do you have any MAC filters set?
  14.    #14  
    Ananimus:
    Yeah.. Tech does not quite scares me away hehe
    But yes - my WLAN is working fine on anything but the pre (succesfully connected my HTC touch Diamond and my Notebook).. Do you think MAC filters could be the problem?
    Only if you have MAC filters set up on your network.

If you're running filters, then only hardware that you've set permission for would be able to make use of the network. Other devices would seem to connect, but not be able to access anything. If any old device with your passphrase can connect, that isn't the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    ...Also, you can use EPR to remove your patches prior to installing a webOS update.
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig