1. av3
    Hey, guys, I was hoping someone could lend me some guru insight as I wasn't having any luck searching the forums on this. I've been having what acts like a YouTube "bandwidth" issue, and I've been unsuccessful in troubleshooting it myself. Here are the specifics:

YouTube will load extremely slow, probably at a ratio of about 1 second of video for every ten seconds spent waiting. This doesn't happen constantly, however. I can be sitting at my desk and play a YouTube video just fine (for a few times in a row), but if I click to play it again, it will suddenly decide it doesn't like loading quickly and will give me the 1 to 10 ratio again.

I don't suspect that it's anything related to having the app open for too long, as this can also happen if all cards are closed and I just go in, open YouTube, and try to play a video.

Other apps seem totally unaffected by this. Web pages load quickly, Pandora starts up and begins to play music in a fast amount of time, and earlier today I installed the Facebook App from the App Store, a 4.5 megabyte file that downloaded and installed in all of about ten seconds. After the speedy app installation, I immediately tried to play a YouTube video a friend had posted, but experienced the same awful load speed.

The only fix I can say works with some consistency is that after a fresh boot up (which is often since my Pre randomly dies on me) it will offer me at least a few videos at the normal speedy load before it goes back to being slow.

As one final point I'll also mention that while using MyTether, I was able to go to YouTube.com on my PC and load/play YouTube videos fine through there. (just feels like it's mocking me at this point)

So any thoughts/suggestions on this one? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    It could be a problem with leaving apps open for too long, if they have memory leaks. If a fresh reboot fixes it, then it certainly could be memory leaks.

I haven't had issues with YouTube, but I open it for a video and then close it. Installing JSTop will allow you to see how many handles each app is using. This would help you trouble shoot a problem app when your Pre is running slow.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    My wife's pre does the same thing, youtube wont load, my pre works fine.
    youtube takes a buttload to load up a vid for me
    Strange, My phone loads quick, but my wife has been complaining for a while now (i just tested it) and noticed her youtube loads the list page fine, but videos wont stream, same with the Sprint TV, any ideas?