Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    everybody were beetching and complaining, this and that.. now they all seems to be happy on their 3rd phone.. samething is happening with the pre right now.. its a baby still, let it grow up and mature....

thanks for reading !!
    Thank you.

There are many times where people here ***** about the app store. The first iPhone didn't even have an app store right away. What was Apple's response to app requests? "Use web-based apps".
    Well thanks for straightening that out for us....
    Lame excuse, doesn't make the subpar hardware any better. Software wise, sure, it's still new, but hardware should have been ace.
    so what your saying is that I only need to wait till 2012 and to buy 2 more phones and my pre will finally be worth $500
    Its An Ace In My Eyes
    Yep, there was complaining, but there was also a lack of competitors to run off to. But Apple had the ipod, webkit safari browser, the only multitouch capacitive glass screen, accelerometer, full html email, thin and solid. Visual voicemail. Could actually watch video on it.

Not a smartphone though so i stayed with a Treo.
    i had a first gen iphone from the beginning and from a hardware perspective the phone was rock solid and from what i remember they had two major issues... i believe one was a bad batch of batteries at one time and the other was the negative black issues on lcds. i dont think you can compare to pre.

software glitches happened... when they released new features always a little buggy but usually cleared up with the next update. software issues can be cleared up with updates... hardware issues you cant fix as easily and have to live with.

the pixi section still very new but havent seen hardware complaints and if the pre was as solid this section would be completely different than it is IMO.

my daughter uses my old phone as an itouch to this day and is still rockin strong and question if most Pres will hold up as long.

Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    everybody were beetching and complaining, this and that.. now they all seems to be happy on their 3rd phone.. samething is happening with the pre right now.. its a baby still, let it grow up and mature....

thanks for reading !!
    I see plenty of people walking around with 1st Gen iPhones, I wonder if the 1st gen Pres will last as long.

More importantly the smartphone market was very different then. No other smartphone had a decent browser or a capacitive touch screen. The only phones with a large number of Third Party apps ran Windows Mobile or PalmOS. RIM was still mostly selling to corporate accounts (their first cameraphone, the Perl launched in the fall of 2006).

Now PalmOS is gone and WM is slowly fading away. In order to be successful, Palm has to be at least as good as RIM for email and PIM or as good at Web and media applications as the iPhone. It fails miserably as a competitor to RIM and while it has a great web browser, it doesn't measure up as an iPhone competitor either.

If there was no Android, Palm woudl have plenty of time to capture the customers who hate AT&T or Apple but don't want an email and PIM centric smartphone. Right now it looks like WebOS and Android are fighting for the number 3 spot and Android is winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Lame excuse, doesn't make the subpar hardware any better. Software wise, sure, it's still new, but hardware should have been ace.
    hardware is fine now. lets all just calm down on the hardware front.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Someone awesome and wise on here made quite a long post about this argument.

I don't remember where it is but, basically it said that Palms been in the game for too long to make hardware mistakes excusable. Apple made iPods remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Someone awesome and wise on here made quite a long post about this argument.

I don't remember where it is but, basically it said that Palms been in the game for too long to make hardware mistakes excusable. Apple made iPods remember?
    it isn't excusable, but it's a thing of the past. It seems Palm has gotten their act together circa late August, Early September. And this is coming from the person with 8 replacements. Now, onto software...
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post

thanks for reading !!
    {Insert a bit of sarcasm here} I love the whole idea of setting the bar low. Consumers will buy anything. Let's shoot them a device riddled with hardware and software and tell them that 1 gen devices are just that way, we'll get it right in the 4th gen and you'll be totally happy with us then.

Sorry, but that logic just doesn't work for me. I love 1st gen devices and will allow for bugs, but giving companies leeway to toss crap into the market just doesn't compute and as a consumer I am not standing for it.

Upcoming smartphones already have a bar to meet. Apple has done the bottom of the barrel bit. Why try to squirm even lower?
    we'll have to see... phone is over half year old and you are now reading about cracks near usb port, cracks on the screen starting from the button and power button failing and touchscreen failing.

the pixi on the otherhand i think is having a good start... and even getting a software upgrade before the pre. i think it's gonna be a solid little bugger... but wish they didnt castrate it with no wifi compared to others in the $99 price target... i think if they had the hardware they would be able to hold the price compared to hero.

Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    hardware is fine now. lets all just calm down on the hardware front.
    You Do Realize That If You Stop Comparing, You'll Stop Complaining. Sit Back And Enjoy The Pre For What Its Worth. Its A Phone. And The WebOS is Brand New, Unlike The iPhone Whos Software is pretty much mobile versions of things they had in Apple Desktops For YEARS. Kind Of A Big Head Start Dont You Think?
    Last edited by PJaE00; 12/02/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    First Law of Early Adopting..

Expectations > reality
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    You Do Realize That If You Stop Comparing, You'll Stop Complaining. Sit Back And Enjoy The Pre For What Its Worth. Its A Phone. And The WebOS is Brand New, Unlike The iPhone Whos Software is pretty much mobile versions of things the had in Apple Desktops For YEARS. Kind Of A Big Head Start Dont You Think?
    These excuses for Palm are getting just as old as the whinning
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    it isn't excusable, but it's a thing of the past.
    Don't read the rest of the forum, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    These excuses for Palm are getting just as old as the whinning
    I Agree 100%. But It Is What It Is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    pfft, 3 replacements? I have him beat times three.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $later$ $builds$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$ $are$ $fine$. $Mine$ $was$ $built$ $in$ $late$ $August$ $and$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $old$ $hardware$ $issues$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $thing$ $of$ $the$ $past$.

All the noise is from

A. Picky people (two dead pixels)

or

B. People with earlier builds or ****ty refurbs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast