Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #21  
    A. Picky people (two dead pixels)

    or

    B. People with earlier builds or ****ty refu
    so you think ANY dead pixels are ok in a higher end device??
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    so you think ANY dead pixels are ok in a higher end device??
    Depends on how high ur holding it.
  3. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Depends on how high ur holding it.
    Nice....LMAO
  4. #24  
    IMO, i don't think even one dead pixel is acceptable and interesting how people here accept it. for the money i spend, i wont just take it and guess i have been lucky not to have experienced this.

    and not just phones either... In IT and in other system related fields I have had TONS of lcds to deal with and never had to deal with a bad pixel. they are not as common as you guys make it out to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    A. Picky people (two dead pixels)
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    pfft, 3 replacements? I have him beat times three.

    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $later$ $builds$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$ $are$ $fine$. $Mine$ $was$ $built$ $in$ $late$ $August$ $and$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $old$ $hardware$ $issues$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $thing$ $of$ $the$ $past$.

    All the noise is from

    A. Picky people (two dead pixels)

    or

    B. People with earlier builds or ****ty refurbs
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-port.html

    Also, personally speaking, my third and final Pre (swapped out for it in early Sept., I think) was a brand new one, and it had a screen blotch and even did a couple of slider shutdowns despite being a later build with the Korea battery.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    IMO, i don't think even one dead pixel is acceptable and interesting how people here accept it. for the money i spend, i wont just take it and guess i have been lucky not to have experienced this.

    and not just phones either... In IT and in other system related fields I have had TONS of lcds and never had to deal with a bad pixel. they are not as common as you guys make it out to be.
    People waste more money and time (I am guilty of it) driving to and from the sprint store everyday for one or two dead pixels, waiting in line, etc. etc.

    I could see if there were some on your 50 inch Pioneer TV. That ran you $2k+

    Nothing is perfect, folks. Sometimes you just have to go with it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-port.html

    Also, personally speaking, my third and final Pre (swapped out for it in early Sept., I think) was a brand new one, and it had a screen blotch and even did a couple of slider shutdowns despite being a later build with the Korea battery.
    Okay, and my pre in early September was perfect...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Okay, and my pre in early September was perfect...
    Which is why Pre hardware problems are a thing of the past FOR YOU.
  9. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    People waste more money and time (I am guilty of it) driving to and from the sprint store everyday for one or two dead pixels, waiting in line, etc. etc.

    I could see if there were some on your 50 inch Pioneer TV. That ran you $2k+

    Nothing is perfect, folks. Sometimes you just have to go with it.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but keep in mind, over two years this is a $2K purchase. So if those two pixels are going to nag you for the duration, its probably worth complaining about.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Which is why Pre hardware problems are a thing of the past FOR YOU.
    Naw, I'd say in general. Of course there are bad apples, e.g. that dude.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but keep in mind, over two years this is a $2K purchase. So if those two pixels are going to nag you for the duration, its probably worth complaining about.
    then take it in and get a new one, or buy another phone. I don't understand why people act like the pre is such an investment for them when it seems to me people on this forum go through phones (and providers) like candy. Going from the Hero to the Pre and back to the iPhone like turning the pages of a book.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    then take it in and get a new one, or buy another phone. I don't understand why people act like the pre is such an investment for them when it seems to me people on this forum go through phones (and providers) like candy. Going from the Hero to the Pre and back to the iPhone like turning the pages of a book.
    Some People Just Wanna Cry To Be Heard
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    everybody were beetching and complaining, this and that.. now they all seems to be happy on their 3rd phone.. samething is happening with the pre right now.. its a baby still, let it grow up and mature....

    thanks for reading !!
    wow, did the frist gen iphone come out in june 2009 or did come out in 2006? cuz i bought my phone in 2009 and expect it to preform like a phone from 2009 not a lame phone from '06.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    IMO, i don't think even one dead pixel is acceptable and interesting how people here accept it. for the money i spend, i wont just take it and guess i have been lucky not to have experienced this.

    and not just phones either... In IT and in other system related fields I have had TONS of lcds to deal with and never had to deal with a bad pixel. they are not as common as you guys make it out to be.
    Most people would never see a single dead pixel. The problem is much more common than you might think. There is even an ISO standard for it. This is a nice wikipedia discussion. Almost no companies have a zero defect policy. On the Pre, the pixels are so small, a single dead or stuck pixel will never bother you in normal situations. It will only bother you if you're looking for it to bother you. I would even say two bad pixels won't bother you if they're not pretty close to each other. The dust and grease on my screen is far more problematic for viewing than one or two pixel defects.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Most people would never see a single dead pixel. The problem is much more common than you might think. There is even an ISO standard for it. This is a nice wikipedia discussion. Almost no companies have a zero defect policy. On the Pre, the pixels are so small, a single dead or stuck pixel will never bother you in normal situations. It will only bother you if you're looking for it to bother you. I would even say two bad pixels won't bother you if they're not pretty close to each other. The dust and grease on my screen is far more problematic for viewing than one or two pixel defects.
  16. #36  
    Palm's been in the smartphone business for over 7 years now.

    Apple's iPhone was their first attempt at a phone - starting completely from scratch - and it changed how the industry does business.

    What's Palm's excuse for not "rocking our world" with their 5th/6th generation smartphone? (1st gen: Treo 180, 2nd gen: treo 300, 3rd gen: Treo 600, 4th gen: Treo 650, 5th gen: Treo Pro, 6th gen: Pre)
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    What's Palm's excuse for not "rocking our world" with their 5th/6th generation smartphone? (1st gen: Treo 180, 2nd gen: treo 300, 3rd gen: Treo 600, 4th gen: Treo 650, 5th gen: Treo Pro, 6th gen: Pre)
    Ford has been making cars for over 100 years, why are their new cars STILL having problems...geez...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Palm's been in the smartphone business for over 7 years now.

    Apple's iPhone was their first attempt at a phone - starting completely from scratch - and it changed how the industry does business.

    What's Palm's excuse for not "rocking our world" with their 5th/6th generation smartphone? (1st gen: Treo 180, 2nd gen: treo 300, 3rd gen: Treo 600, 4th gen: Treo 650, 5th gen: Treo Pro, 6th gen: Pre)
    how about millions of $$$ and X3 times the employees. Palm went through a massive reorganization. They are for all intents a new company. How crazy is it to expect a company smaller and on the verge of bankruptcy to produce @ the level of apple? you knew what you were getting, a hail mary pass at near the end of the 4th quarter. Winner takes wildcard spot. If you claim you didn't know...well ignorance isn't always bliss now is it?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/02/2009 at 04:30 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    you knew what you were getting, a hail mary pass at near the end of the 4th quarter. Winner takes wildcard spot. If you claim you didn't know...well ignorance isn't always bliss now is it?
    Perhaps Palm should put that on their website and TV ads just to make sure the uninformed saps know exactly what they are getting into.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    You Do Realize That If You Stop Comparing, You'll Stop Complaining. Sit Back And Enjoy The Pre For What Its Worth. Its A Phone. And The WebOS is Brand New, Unlike The iPhone Whos Software is pretty much mobile versions of things they had in Apple Desktops For YEARS. Kind Of A Big Head Start Dont You Think?
    I have to agree, my wife busted the power button up top by spiking her Pre in driveway. Anyhow, they had to send it off and get a replacement on the way to her. While the new Pre is in transit, she is using her old Treo. I tried using it while in the car and had to rethink about how to do anything on the old Treo. It's only been 4 months since we each upgraded to Pres (both from 800w) and I don't see either of us going back to a non-Pre.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions