Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    So I just called Sprint to work with tech support yet again for my faulting Pre. This one I have had just under 2 weeks and it is starting to act up on me. Anywho, she put in a request to allow me to switch to a different style phone and said someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours with an answer regarding the request. I said "Thats fine, at least this one still works somewhat, I just shake my fist at it throughout the day when it acts up on me."

She then says "Just promise me you won't do what this other customer did with his Pre." Of course this baited in in to wonder what exactly he did so I asked. She replied "While I was troubleshooting the phone the customer asked me to hold on for a second while he checked something out. He then ran outside and set the phone on the train tracks near his home/work just as a train was coming. Sure enough I hear the horn blow followed by a loud cracking sound. Of course the phone got smashed to pieces. I just hope the guy wasn't holding the phone still."

That totally made my day. I was so livid from the Pre issues and other crap at work and she completely wiped it all away with that story.
    Sounds like he should have been holding it to me
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Now that is hilarious!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Sounds like a funny anecdote without any actual truth.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Sounds like a funny anecdote without any actual truth.
    Maybe her jobs just that lonely that she reached out to the first person she could tell the ridiculous story to.
    It is hard to get something to balance on a track without vibrating off before the train hits it. That is, without the use of tape. No, I will not explain how I know.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    did the pre survive cause thats all i care about
    there is no possible way you could hear a cracking sound over the sound of a train
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    About this story... I call -->
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    there is no possible way you could hear a cracking sound over the sound of a train
    Yeah...unless it was an HO scale train!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Yeah...unless it was an HO scale train!
    Tis the season...
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Assuming it was going faster than a person running. The owner could have set it on the track somewhere behind the engine, or when the train was in reverse, slowly moving. They don't make much noise at that time.
    I don't know. Putting quarters on the tracks has led to some pretty loud screeching results for me
    I must be super lucky, because I've had my phone for 4 months and no issues yet (knock on wood).
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Makes me want to kill a kitten.

Train horns don't sound for phones on the track. Nor would a phone transmit a crackling sound as the train ran over it.

I guess it makes a good story if you're bored.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You all seem to know quite a bit about how a phone being run over by a train sounds like from the other end :| Maybe this is something for Myth Busters....
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Makes me want to kill a kitten.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    would an iphone survive?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    would an iphone survive?
    No. I was pulling my iPhone out of my pocket at work when someone was horse playing and pushed me. My iPhone hit the ground and broke.. out of warranty.. and then after going damn near into tears after I cussed him out, he refused to pay for it the next day. It's okay because Karma.. well don't mess with her.

And I didn't like AT&T and the Pre had me intrigued since I saw it at CES so I decided it must have happened for a reason. Now I'm a happy Pre owner and webOS User.

As for the OP's story.. That's pretty funny and that's not the first time I've heard a Sprint rep crack a joke or tell a story. I was chatting with one online when I had a question about my bill and she made me laugh. I really liked that.

I've never had a customer support experience like that.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I'm sure there's an app for that
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    would an iphone survive?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast