Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    well I should feel bless cause my pre is the bom, even after all the tweaks n **** I have in it, is working like a champ
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quick question for those who have swapped out their Pre more then three times. After the third replacement you got did you get the ones after that from Sprint directly (they over night shipped them as they have with the others) or did you have to go to Palm and wait two weeks for them to send you another? I ask cause I am on right now with Sprint and this lady is trying to say once you hit number three then it is out of Sprint hands and all replacements must go through Palm which takes two weeks; you ship your defective phone to them, they look it over and repair it if possible, and then ship it or a replacement back.
    When I first got my Pre I thought it was the best phone I ever had but today my touchscreen has become useless again... This is the 2nd time this has happened and this is my 4th Pre phone. Its the weirdest thing, the screen on the Pre is cracking from the inside (like a spider web). Mind you, there is no physical damage to the phone or abuse (I treat my Pre like a son or daughter, and it betrays me!). Try explaining that to Sprint.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    Quick question for those who have swapped out their Pre more then three times. After the third replacement you got did you get the ones after that from Sprint directly (they over night shipped them as they have with the others) or did you have to go to Palm and wait two weeks for them to send you another? I ask cause I am on right now with Sprint and this lady is trying to say once you hit number three then it is out of Sprint hands and all replacements must go through Palm which takes two weeks; you ship your defective phone to them, they look it over and repair it if possible, and then ship it or a replacement back.
    I was told something similar with my convo last night with a rep. Once you use more than 2 replacements in a calendar year, you have to go to a Sprint Store to have them check out the phone to authorize a replacement. From there, it's anyone's guess. Or you mail the phone back to Palm and wait...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Things got really interesting. I just spent the past 6 hours on with Sprint (many hours straight through while some waiting for call backs) and this is what is going on. Everyone gave me the run around and played dumb to the fact a request to order me a Hero was put in the system. They finally manned up and admitted yes it is in the notes and an order was never placed. Here is a log of my calls and what was discussed (including my side notes).

12/2 - Robin - Put in request for an HTC Hero.

12/3 - Lorne - Called to check something else and while speaking with him he confirmed that according to the notes a request was submitted. Stated it would be a new Hero I would get not a refurb.

12/4 - Wanda - It has been 48 hours and no response regarding the request/order. She played dumb like there was no notes about the request. Unable to assist me so she transferred me to Adv. Support.

12/4 - Bonner - Same deal. Said I needed to speak with FDT who handles these orders.

12/4 - Jonathan - Wrong dept. Transferred to FDT.

12/4 - Martha - Guess what? Not FDT. She stated yes the notes were there and read them to me verbatim and stated she would need to email Robin to call me, but I never got a call from her. Martha called me back 2 hours later and said I would now have to wait 4 to 5 business days for an Escalation Manager to call me back. Not happening!

12/4 - Lila - I explained everything to her and there was like a minute of dead silence and then she asked me to hold while she looked things over, but she transferred me instead.

12/4 - Shareece - Says they can only swap for the same phone, they are not able to swap a different model. Also she confirmed the notes by Robin were there. (W-T-F! Why was I told they could by Robin and where is this mysterious order/request she put in? It's noted she put in a request, but they cannot find a single bit of info regarding the processing of the actual request.)

12/4 - Bobbi - She was in Multi Manufactures which is the department that sends out replacements. She basically said "Sorry, but your SOL" without even hearing the situation. Then I pointed out the note in the system which is clearly there and has been verified by a few different people which made her kind of back track and actually want to help after she realized "Whoops! We f'd up."

12/4 - Patricia - This was Bobbi's Manager and she too said there was nothing she can do. She sounded like she didn't give a care. I said "fine then I wanna cancel" so I would get Retentions and hope they could do something.

12/4 - Jason - He was in Retentions and stated he was really sorry, but they do not have the authority to do this. He then sent me back to Tech Support as they are the only ones that can process a phone change.

12/4 - Brandi/Susie – Brandi transferred me to a Supervisor (Susie) for Tech Support. They said it is plain as day that the notes from Robin stated she was ordering me a new phone of a different model yet no order was ever placed. Susie said she is going to take this up to her Supervisor who will then probably take it to their Supervisor until they can get this resolved for me. I was guaranteed by Brandi she will call me back tonight letting me know the progress of things.

That was the extent of my Friday afternoon. I am praying that I get good news from Brandi when she calls me back. She out of all of them actually sounded promising. She basically said "Yeah Robin made a pretty big mistake because putting in or even stating you will put in an FDT is like Gold. They rarely ever do that. Once the higher ups see this I don't see why they wouldn't bite the bullet and send you a new Hero just to save face. You cannot say you are going to do one thing and note it that you will and not follow through." If they do bail out and refuse to hold up their promise I am going to call Sprint "Scott's Tots" from this day forward (watch last night's episode of the Office if you don't get it).
  6.    #86  
    Sounds like my runaround. I don't even wanna get into it at this point. I just got the 'we can't do that' from them.

Truth is, they can, but they're not allowed to except in EXTREME cases. 3-4 faulty phones, that's extreme in my book.

I'm still upset that they want me to burn my upgrade eligibility to buy another phone, even though I spent the $200+ on the phone and Touchstone, and would have to shell it out again to get something to replace a known faulty phone. I slept on it last night and have found that I'm frustrated with their level of service and lack of trying to make things right.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    See the only thing I have going for me at the moment is that the Tech who stated she would be requesting a Hero to replace my Pre messed up by noting it plain as day in my account. As soon as I point that out they always shut up about the "Sorry we can only send you another refurbed Pre" mumbo jumbo. I am going to hold them to their agreement. It's not he said she said, it's documented in my account permanently.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Figured I would give a update on my account.....

I recieved my 4th pre on friday, turned it on/activate it and had problems right away. 5-6 dead pixels dead center in the screen, and 2-3 on top.... and sometimes when I would close my phone it would completely shut off (so much for a working refurb )

I called sprint and they told me another refurb would be sent out... but since it was friday, I wouldnt recieve it til at least wed. So I decided to not get it shipped out, and went to the sprint store I normally went to when my other pres went down.

I dropped off the phone, told me to come back in 30 mins for a tech to look at it.... came back 30 mins after, and the tech had 4 options for me. He could give me another palm pre (would be 5th), a HTC Touch Pro, Blackberry curve or a HTC hero. I picked the HTC hero, with no issues.

For stores, I guess its upto the manager after 3 swaps to give you a different model. They don't have to, but if the manager is nice enough they usually allow you to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Figured I would give a update on my account.....

I recieved my 4th pre on friday, turned it on/activate it and had problems right away. 5-6 dead pixels dead center in the screen, and 2-3 on top.... and sometimes when I would close my phone it would completely shut off (so much for a working refurb )

I called sprint and they told me another refurb would be sent out... but since it was friday, I wouldnt recieve it til at least wed. So I decided to not get it shipped out, and went to the sprint store I normally went to when my other pres went down.

I dropped off the phone, told me to come back in 30 mins for a tech to look at it.... came back 30 mins after, and the tech had 4 options for me. He could give me another palm pre (would be 5th), a HTC Touch Pro, Blackberry curve or a HTC hero. I picked the HTC hero, with no issues.

For stores, I guess its upto the manager after 3 swaps to give you a different model. They don't have to, but if the manager is nice enough they usually allow you to change.
    What a mess, can not blame you for giving up. The Hero sounds like a great phone, and HTC makes great products.
  10.    #90  
    I'm still in total shock as to how many people are on more refurb'ed Pre's than I am. Best of luck to everyone that has stuck with it so far.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quick update from me. I got my call back from Brandi as she said she would Friday night at like 11:15PM EST. Any other day of the work week and I would have been in bed and ****ed off they called so late, but it was Friday and I was relaxing at home with a few beers and watching Star Trek (B the W, great flick). She told me it has been escalated to her Supervisors Supervisor and I probably won't get an answer back until Monday. All day Saturday I just had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that they would say "tough luck" or tell me I would have to wait even longer for an answer.

Sunday rolled around so I decided to run up to the Sprint store near my house and talk to a Manager there about this since I had been told by a few people that only Managers and Tech Support are the ones who can swap you into a different phone. I wasn't even in there for 10 minutes (just enough time for him to read all of the notes on my account) and he ordered me a Hero no questions asked and it should be here today. He was utterly shocked and disgusted that I had to go through all of this and apologized up and down for the inconvenience.

I got a call back yesterday afternoon from an Escalation Manager and just as I suspected on Saturday, she told me it would be another 7 to 10 business days before I heard back on what they were going to do. I told her I had a feeling they were going to say that so I went in to Sprint on Sunday. I explained what was going on and she said she will call me tomorrow to see how things went with the store and also credited me 1/2 a month on my bill for all of the trouble.

So yes my friends, persistence does pay off. I am getting a new Hero today, a credit of like $75 on my bill plus an additional $20 off each month for the next 2 years (on top of my 18% discount through work) that was given to me by a Retentions rep after my 2nd Pre took a dump on me. As long as everything goes smooth tonight I will be a very happy customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    could you please explain how you did this? I'm awaiting a new Pre after my launch day Pre's power button crapped and I'm almost positive they're going to stick me with a refurb.
    Check the entire phone before you leave the Sprint store. I got a replacement (refurb) and luckily the technician ran tests for me. He discovered that about 50% of the buttons did not work right out of the box! He was then going to order a new one until I made the point that I cannot be without my phone another day due to a defect that is not my fault. He agreed and gave me a brand new one for my problems, free of charge. I cant say they will give you a brand new one as well, but I would definetly check for defects before leaving the store. I love the Pre, but I find it irritating that I paid $200 for a NEW phone, only to have a phone with manufacturer defects, and then be offered a REFURB that doesnt even work. Be cautious
  13.    #93  
    Nice to hear you got that resolved. I just got an email stating that my contract was renewed, so I need to call on that tomorrow. I may go into the local store and talk with a manager about my situation and see what I can do about getting swapped out as well.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    After many many hours on the phone and weeks of frustration overall, it all came to an end last night. I went in to my local Sprint store and as promised my new Hero was waiting for me. Persistence and patience does in fact pay off. As long as you are firm, but polite and reasonable with your request it is hard for them to say no. I kind of wish I would have just gone to the store in the first place.

Nightmare, I see you are in S.E. Michigan too. If you are anywhere near the Sprint store on Haggerty near 8 Mile, go to that one. It is the one I went to and they are super cool there and you shouldn't have a problem getting a new Hero from them. Everyone I have talked with there in Tech Support pretty much despise the Pre and say that that phone is the main phone they work on and they are baffled at how many bad ones are out there.

My Pre journey is currently over and if Palm is able to step it up with their next webOS phone I might be back, but for now I am very happy thus far with my Hero.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345