Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. spewak's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just where in the heck are the patches for CPU scaling located on this site? It is driving me mad I tell you.
  2. #2  
    Preware under the Dangerous catergory.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spewak View Post
    Just where in the heck are the patches for CPU scaling located on this site? It is driving me mad I tell you.
    Those patches are NOT on Precentral . net. Do a search for Preware and read-up on how to get this installed onto your Pre. You'll find all the CPU speed pateches and then some on Preware.
  4. #4  
    If you need to know more about them, read this:
    Patch webOS CPU Frequency or Voltage Scaling - WebOS Internals
  5. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #5  
    i recommend the smartreflex patches. the 500 to be safe or the 600 to have some fun
  6. #6  
    the 500 smartreflex patch works great for me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #7  
    The SmartReflex 600 and CPU Scaling 600 patches are no longer available. They're still possible of course, but they were removed to potential risks associated with them. Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  8. spewak's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #8  
    Well a mighty thanks to all for the help. I went about the info. provided and installed the CPU 500 patch. Things are speedier.
  9. #9  
    My Pre (that i was swapping out anyway) wouldn't boot up when i applied the patch. It just stayed at the Palm logo. Very odd.


    Just a "negative" experience i wanted to share.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    My Pre (that i was swapping out anyway) wouldn't boot up when i applied the patch. It just stayed at the Palm logo. Very odd.


    Just a "negative" experience i wanted to share.
    That's relatively common. One of the reasons they are called "Dangerous".

    A lot of people got past this though, or tried the other patch with success. I personally did it command line to see how it handled things.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by spewak View Post
    Well a mighty thanks to all for the help. I went about the info. provided and installed the CPU 500 patch. Things are speedier.
    That speed your witnessing is a side affect of doing a reboot. The Pre's default speed is 500Mhz so you shouldn't be noticing anything. What you should notice is better battery life performance.
  12. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #12  
    don't do it. I broke my Pre last night when I installed that patch. It doesn't boot any more. It stays on "palm" screen.

Posting Permissions