Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    For the past couple of days (3-5) I've been running in to issues with my Pre where I get:

1. Msg's saying that I have too many cards open when I only have 1 or 2 the most.

2. Freezes or very noticable delays in scrolling.

3. Constantly refreshing my network settings because I have the EV with all bars up but no data connection is being made (cause I get that error).

I restart and shut down but run into the problems again minutes later. Should I be worried and just take my phone to Sprint or is there something that I can do on my end?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Maybe try to reflash it with newest firmware. Just backup your stuff first.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I ran the DR to 1.3.1 and my pre has been very sluggish. I did have preware installed and had a few patches installed so I re DR it and left it stock, same sluggishness and every once in a while it gets hot and the battery goes fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    For the past couple of days (3-5) I've been running in to issues with my Pre where I get:

1. Msg's saying that I have too many cards open when I only have 1 or 2 the most.

3. Constantly refreshing my network settings because I have the EV with all bars up but no data connection is being made (cause I get that error).

I restart and shut down but run into the problems again minutes later. Should I be worried and just take my phone to Sprint or is there something that I can do on my end?
    I am having the EXACT same problems. I think its 1.3.1. My phone was happy until I updated. I had some EV issues until I updated my network settings, now I have Constant EV issues. I usually spend most of the day at work in EV, yesterday about 50% of the time I was 1X or just nothing.

The most frustrating is the too many cards and horrible lag I get. The truncated notification noises aren't fun either.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post

I, too, started having problems 1 and 2 after the update. Add to that camera problems and automatic resets. Then the phone started getting stuck in hands-free mode after unplugging headphones.

In preparation for exchanging the phone I used webOSQuickInstall to remove preware, the package manager service, the virtual keyboard - which I forgot to remove before installing 1.3.1 - , and the LED notification patch (which still goes anyway). I don't remember the order. Did a reset at the end.

Anyway, it's been over 24 hours since then, and I feel like my good-old phone is back . Your mileage may vary.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Have you guys done hard resets and whatnot? What about backing your stuff up then partial erase?
    Having issues 1 and 2 since the latest WebOS...very annoying. Also now not getting Yahoo email updates like I used to. Can't wait for new release and hoping it's to fix these problems.

Note: never had anything but firmware.