1.    #1  
    can someone tell me can the speaker be replaced on the pre? I blew mine watchin a youtube video with the volume to high
    yes, by getting a replacement phone. should be a warranty issue. the only part you can replace i believe without exchanging phone is the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey33 View Post
    can someone tell me can the speaker be replaced on the pre? I blew mine watchin a youtube video with the volume to high
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Call....sprint....
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    yes, by getting a replacement phone. should be a warranty issue. the only part you can replace i believe without exchanging phone is the battery.
    You can replace the battery cover too
    I just finished my dance with Bell Canada regarding the same speaker issue (Died after 2 months). The tech support lady (Stella) was actually very nice. She gave me a ticket # and confirmed my phone would be replaced. She said they could mail a new one to me and took my address info...but wait... actually it would be faster for me to just go directly to the Bell Store and she will put a note on my file explaining the situation (I stupidly agree) DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS. The Bell stores are awful and have no clue. Of course when I arrived, they said I would have to send away the phone and get a loaner for possibly 3-4+ weeks (not even a Blackberry but a basic, basic brick phone). I explain the situation, refer them to the number as instructed by tech support and I am told there is no way they could give me a new phone. I call tech support right there, however, they will not let you get in touch with an agent you had in the past...Even with the employee ID...anger rising. The person I am talking to is running me through the same script I already complete the day before. He doesn't seem to believe I know what a busted speaker sounds like and asks if I have the most recent software. I politely hang up.

The next Bell store was more helpful, however, still could not get it replaced. They got me in touch with the insurance company that covers the $7 Smartcare plan I pay for (Assurion 1-866-213-2143). She says "Sure we can have that phone mailed out to you... just hold one minute." Then I get "Due to a change in Policy we do not cover damage to the speaker, you must send your phone in for repair" Thanks... However, if my phone was over a year old they could replace it?? This is because all warranty issues must be sent through Bell repair now.

Next call is directly to Palm tech support. Some success! They take down my info and allow me to explain the defect. She agrees it is damaged and helps me out by creating a case saying I need a replacement right away and cannot work without a smartphone. She gives me a case number which she sends to Bell and tells me to call them and refer to it. I ask if there is any delay in them receiving the information, she states no it is already sent.

Upon calling Bell they claim to have no idea what this case number is (no surprise here), but after I mention that Palm confirmed the phone needed to be replaced, and my first Bell agent confirmed it was GOING to be replaced, he puts me on hold momentarily. Suddenly...(after 20 minutes on hold) the agent started running through the familiar process of sending me a new one. He mentions the system will not let him enter the replacement so he gets his supervisor to force it to accept the request. I ask him to mail it this time

So basically I had to negotiate my way to a new phone twice! Very frustrating experience given it is only 60 days old. They are making everyone do a repair request for any Warranty issue beyond 30 days and as a result there is a huge delay for repairs. For anyone in a similar situation and with Bell, I'd suggest you try your luck with Palm Tech support and work your way back down.

Regarding the phone I feel like the Pre needs a high pass filter on all the audio. The speaker can't seem to handle any bass and gets destroyed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey33 View Post
    What video blew your speaker? Wow
    Yeah you got to watch your volume level. It can be music to, if you play certain sound at high decibels, you will blow your speaker.
    I blew my speaker too. This is going to happen a lot. I don't even know how mine blew, it really can't handle much.
    Wow you can blow a speaker in the phone from watching YouTube?

I wonder if there's a firmware upgrade that can electronically protect the speaker somehow.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i recently ruined my speaker by placing it on a phone holder that was attached to my ac vents,i had the heat on high and it blew my speaker, i returned it to sprint and they offered to replace with a refurb which i strongly disagreed with them, i asked to speak to manager and in turn she called corporate and i left there with with a brand new pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    i recently ruined my speaker by placing it on a phone holder that was attached to my ac vents,i had the heat on high and it blew my speaker, i returned it to sprint and they offered to replace with a refurb which i strongly disagreed with them, i asked to speak to manager and in turn she called corporate and i left there with with a brand new pre.
    You blew the speaker by overheating the phone? Interesting.