Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does anyone have the .ipk file for mcraig?
    Quote Originally Posted by ymipaul View Post
    does anyone have the .ipk file for mcraig?
    Can't you just d/l the app from the catalog?
    It costs money now.
  4.    #4  
    if anyone has the older file before the update we can use the older version for free...
    Quote Originally Posted by ymipaul View Post
    if anyone has the older file before the update we can use the older version for free...
    If you tell me how to pull the ipk from the phone I'll help
    paid version same as free. I'll take a copy to.
  7.    #7  
    to remove the mcraig .ipk file there is a thread...

search how to remove .ipk files from palm pre

or

do a tag search for mcraig .ipk file

post a link to download once you have it...
    Honestly, it's still toeing the line of whether it'd be legal to share the old version or not, even if the old version was free. I personally don't get why they're charging for the limited version AND the Pro version, but still that's their choice to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    If you tell me how to pull the ipk from the phone I'll help
    The thread describes how to remove / uninstall , I'm trying to copy it but no dice so far.
    c/p
    Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals

For advanced users: You can dump a list of installed packages using the following technique before running the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) tool. This assumes you already have shell access to your your Pre via novaterm or ssh.

* 1. Ssh into your Pre (you do not need to adopt root privileges)
    * 2. Type (no quotes) "ipkg -o /var list_installed | grep patches". This will display the list of patches applied to your Pre. You can redirect this output to a file or copy-and-paste it from your shell window.

Special thanks to dbSooner on the #webos-internals IRC channel for proposing this method.
    since the update my mcraig is gone. When I do a update it says it needs to be updated. How do I delte the tag that tells my pre its on there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    The thread describes how to remove / uninstall , I'm trying to copy it but no dice so far.

if you succeed please pm me.
    Why not just visit craigslist on the browser? You know, for free?
    Leaks... man, leaks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    if you succeed please pm me.
    Extracted the file , trying to figure out how to package it back up.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Why not just visit craigslist on the browser? You know, for free?
    That's my thought as well. I tried the app when the free version first came out and didn't like it at all. The regular Craigslist site works great on the Pre's browser.

Otherwise, stop trying to screw the dev and pay the $2 or $3 for the app.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 12/06/2009 at 12:16 PM.
    in for update on mcraig and infopedia
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    How much time have you spent on this? 30 minutes? An hour?
    How much is your time worth to you?
    If the answer is more than 3 dollars an hour or so, you are probably better off just buying the damn thing.
    I am interested in it as well.

My situation is a little different, though. I live in Canada and mCraig showed up a while ago as a free app. I installed it and was using it regularly. Then I doctored my Pre, only to find that mCraig didn't come back. I realize now that it is no longer on the Canadian App Catalog, and since there are no paid apps here either, I am out of luck.

The same thing happened with FlightView. I lost the free version after doctoring.

If anyone can point me to the free .ipks of these two apps, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    If you had the free version you should still be able to redownload the basic (paid) version from the app catalog if you're still the same palm profile. I did today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast