1.    #1  
    So I was having issues with my 2nd Pre (my 1st Pre's keyboard stopped working basically the first week). So my first replacement was a new phone.

Worked great, it had a small heat spot on the screen but only if i left the screen on for a long time, and only on a solid background so i didn't mind.

Anyway, the volume up button worked intermittently as well as the ear piece, so I went to Sprint to have them look at it. They basically wrote it down, went to the tech, and told me they would order a new one for me and when to come back.

So yesterday I went back got my phone swapped, and was on my way. It was a refurb, but I really have no issue with refurbished stuff to be honest but i did a few checks (wiggle, slider shut power off issue etc.) and was fine.

Anyway, fastfoward to today, I was getting all these weird voicemails from a number I didn't have in my phone. I had no idea what was going on, but then Sprint called me and told me they screwed up and put the wrong account on my Pre. THey asked if I could come in so they could fix it.

So back to Sprint, i gave the problem, they talked to the tech and then the Manager came out and apologized for the inconvenience. She said they would give me a brand new Pre as well as credit my account $100. (i literally did not complain once about the issue, as it wasn't that big of a deal...tho I could see it could be if it was a privacy issue.).

Anyway, I left with a brand spankin' new pre in box (so new charger as well, that makes 3) manufactured on November 11th. Also, this pre is super shape...with ONE slight issue as the space board doesn't "click" as well as the other buttons do...but I already am used to it.

So just a good story from the Sprint store that I thought I would share.
    Heh, I think that's a major mistake.

I think that was a hush credit. I imagine they could get in big trouble for basically giving out someone else's phone.

But, worked out for you in the end so good deal.
    No wonder where all of my voicemails went to.. just joking..though when I went from Verizon to Sprint, there was a day of delay because I had a temporary number as the provisioning from Verizon went slow, probably because Verizon was dragging their heels trying to get me to come back. I do have to say that Spint's customer service really does it's best to keep you happy. While Verizon's said it was out of their hands and they couldn't do anything. (Getting a good smart phone on their network). The customer service guy said he heard me loud and clear and he said that it would be some time before they got the Pre and said I should go with the BlackBerry Storm, which both of us agreed it sucked. At that point, I said, I would leave in a week or so... and did just that. I haven't looked back, except when I heard that the Motorola Droid came out and a few lady friends said that they preferred the keyboard better on that as they had longer nails.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Heh, I think that's a major mistake.

I think that was a hush credit. I imagine they could get in big trouble for basically giving out someone else's phone.

But, worked out for you in the end so good deal.
    haha well yeah, major issue on their end....not so much on my end for my needs.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Congrats, Sprint will go out of their way if it is their fault and if they can keep a customer happy...enjoy it the well wishing and early Xmas gift!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    So just a good story from the Sprint store that I thought I would share.
    Actually, I had a similar thing happen several years back with Sprint. I got a few calls during the day, about 1/4 as many as I normally did, but didn't notice that they were all wrong number calls. It really just didn't occur to me.

Then I got home and my wife asked me what was wrong with my phone. I told her nothing, it's working, and called her. It rang, and the funny thing was, she answered it as if it was from someone else, right in front of me! I laughed, and said "what's with the funny look". She said "that wasn't your ring", then looked at her phone, and said "and the call wasn't from you". Then we began to figure out what was going on.

I don't recall what Sprint did. They did something to "compensate" us, but I don't remember what it was... I thought it was more funny than a big problem though.
  7.    #7  
    hahah same with me. No biggie. Like i've made mistakes at work, they did right and fixed it quick.
    did it to me the other day...got a 401 area code...should be 585...noticed it when checking ver # after I left the store.