1.    #1  
    I noticed this a while ago, but completely forgot to post until now. I was wondering if anyone else has/had the same problem, and how they were able to solve it:

When I use Pandora, and have my phone charging at the same time, the battery life slowly decreases. I've noticed this during charging in the car, and also during charging when connected to my computer-- both via USB. I assume the same thing will happen when using GPS navigation in the car, or any other activity that requires a lot of juice. The battery will charge itself normally once Pandora is closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Running intensive apps can cause greater power usage than can be drawn from your charger. USB ports typically max out at 500 mA, and your car charger probably has less amperage than the AC adapter. You may want to get a car charger with a greater amperage rating.
    I estimate Pre max current draw at about 800mA. I think local music takes about 100mA, Sprint Nav takes about 650mA, and Pandora probably takes about 200mA. You should be able to charge off USB port and play Pandora. With the Palm car charger, you should be able to just squeak by with Pandora and Sprint Nav without losing charge. It sounds to me like your current draw is a little high for some reason, or your battery isn't holding a charge very well. Have you tried a reset to see if that helps?
    its just a memory leak from an app you either just had open or have open currently while its draining very fast just a quick reboot will fix or it should anyways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    EVDO data will kill that battery faster than you can charge. It's not out of the ordinary, just letting you know.
    When I tether using mytether via USB, not only does the phone get nuclear reaction hot, but it either charges as fast as it drains, or does drops down.
    The battery killer is the woefully inefficient EVDO radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMatza View Post
    I noticed this a while ago, but completely forgot to post until now. I was wondering if anyone else has/had the same problem, and how they were able to solve it:

When I use Pandora, and have my phone charging at the same time, the battery life slowly decreases. I've noticed this during charging in the car, and also during charging when connected to my computer-- both via USB. I assume the same thing will happen when using GPS navigation in the car, or any other activity that requires a lot of juice. The battery will charge itself normally once Pandora is closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Are you currently running 1.3.1? While most of that update was crap IMO the one thing it greatly improved was charging. I use a 500ma charger in my car and desk and both keep up better than ever regardless of what I have running.

And like someone else said, rebooting may help too.

Good luck
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Are you currently running 1.3.1? While most of that update was crap IMO the one thing it greatly improved was charging. I use a 500ma charger in my car and desk and both keep up better than ever regardless of what I have running.

And like someone else said, rebooting may help too.

Good luck
    I've been sitting at my desk all morning at work with my Pre USB'd into my workstation, and Pandora playing with the screen on the whole time. Bluetooth and GPS are also both turned on. Pre went from 90% charged to 100% charged in almost the same amount of time as with all of that off. Guess 1.3.1 fixed it... or maybe I just had a lot of leaky programs all of the other times I had tried to do this (hence, a subsequent reset at some point may have fixed it).

Thank you all for your help. Guess we can close this thread now.
    I have noticed faster charging since 1.3.1. In fact I am surprised how fast it charges from about 30%, seems like about 30-45 minutes or less when the phone is on and casual use. Maybe that is normal, but seems fast to me.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    got the same thing running navi while charging in my car...i havnt tried lately since the navi can never find my location all of a sudden...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've noticed that once with Pandora. Hasn't done it since though.