Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well after recieving my replacement brand new, new version airave that went front page I cannot connect with this unit either leaving me to believe there is a major problem or outage going on.

The main problem i keep hearing from airave tech is its not connecting to my wireless router, there is no communication. The airave shows up on my wireless setup page as unknown with a clear mac and ip address, we dmz'd it, even adding a individual address for it to be looked up in the lan settings and nothing .... what else can i do?

I have a WRN2000 Netgear wireless N router. Ever since 2 weeks ago when i clicked default dmz with tech it wiped out the communication with the device hence why i got a replacement .... everything is hooked up the same, external gps antenna is brand new now, internet on comp is working flawless, airave will not communicate . even the wan light is blue, its mimicking a internet activity light while the gps light is solid red and system is flashing fast red.

This could be the beginning of the end for my airave experience, can anyone dive deep enough to help? Do i need to open a port or something?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Can you plug it directly into the cable modem to see if it works? Maybe it's your router.

What about connecting it wired to your router?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the fast response, its already wired to the router via ethernet cable supplied, never tried a direct connection but that would mean i wouldnt have internet since there is only one spot for a cable on the modem itself ...
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

But that would help you troubleshoot where the problem is. Have you tried resetting your router to the default settings?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    If gps is red...conect the gps, open the window, put it up against the window screen and then the gps will lock in 2 min the you can close it
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Thanks for the fast response, its already wired to the router via ethernet cable supplied, never tried a direct connection but that would mean i wouldnt have internet since there is only one spot for a cable on the modem itself ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    But that would help you troubleshoot where the problem is. Have you tried resetting your router to the default settings?
    Mamouton is correct. We want to see if it works without the router in the way. This way, if it does, we know what the problem is.
    Your Airave should be hooked up as directly as you can to the modem anyways. Do not go through your router. One thing you can do (after you test the Airave by hooking it directly and find it working) is to get a 4 wire hub. Hook the hub to the modem, then hook the Airave and router to the hub. The hub will act as a splitter and the Airave will not have to jump though all the code and electronics of the router. It will be a cleaner connection for the Airave. You should see no slowdown on the router for your computers. Just use the shortest ethernet cables you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Your Airave should be hooked up as directly as you can to the modem anyways. Do not go through your router. One thing you can do (after you test the Airave by hooking it directly and find it working) is to get a 4 wire hub. Hook the hub to the modem, then hook the Airave and router to the hub. The hub will act as a splitter and the Airave will not have to jump though all the code and electronics of the router. It will be a cleaner connection for the Airave. You should see no slowdown on the router for your computers. Just use the shortest ethernet cables you can.
    A switch wouldn't be a bad thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    A switch wouldn't be a bad thing either.
    Two problems with a "switch". They can cost more and they involve more electronics in the connection. A switch might work fine but it should be as simple and direct a link as can be made.
  10.    #10  
    well after connecting the airave directly tot the modem now it has turned the wan light into a full blown internet activity light, gonna leave it for a couple hours see but I don't think its working right, what could be the issue here, I'm stumped!!
    I have the same router just the next model up and my airave works perfectly without putting it in dmz or any special settings it just works. I would say try resetting your router back to factory settings or updating the firmware for it.
    Impulse, are you getting all blue lights? What is the GPS light doing? Mine wouldn't connect until I ran the GPS device out my window and across the hallway to get line of sight to a sat. I am on the 2nd floor of a condo, once I got a connection I pulled the GPS thingie back into my unit and it still works. I guess its the initial connection and if it can't find a Sat it just defaults to the original link. Good luck.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Try using a cross over cable or vice versa a straight through network cable. (that is if you go through a separate switch/router/hub). The cable they sent didn't work for me as I was plugging into a network jack in my house which goes to a network switch to the router.
  14.    #14  
    wow this became very complicated and annoying all of a sudden, as per my cable company and my internet connectivity everything is 100% This means the lack of communication between the airave and internet is my wireless router (wrn2000 model of netgear wireless N)

Can anyone help diagnose what to do when the router and airave are not communicating because that is the def problem at this point! Something is blocking or disabled in terms of letting the two sync!

I have done the dmz and that didn't work, i tried enabling ipsec and it disconnected my internet from my pc's completely, did nothing as well, i also ran the gps antenna into another window and nothing,

Where do i go from here? How do i enable ports for this thing to see, and where exactly are these ports suggested ?
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

So if you are saying that the unit worked when connected directly to the cable modem then just get a small hub and be done with it. Simple, direct and all will be well. After all it is for your phone and who would want issues when you got the airave to solve an issue to begin with.

So Cable in house to cable modem, one ethernet cable from modem to hub, one ethernet cable from hub to Airave and one ethernet cable from hub to netgear. There is no configuration to be done to the hub.

Shopping list:
    1 -wired network hub
    1- additional ethernet cable
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for the advice, but no it never did connect even directly connected to the modem itself....

I am at wits end, the communication between the airave and my router/modem is non-exsistant even with opening all the available ports listed which was the techs final solution, I went even as far a resetting my modem (bringing it back to default settings), which took me offline PC wise for quiet some time, and still nothing ...

I'm stumped, how can a product be made to not work right (under any conditions it should just work) and tech be solution-less about how to fix it ?
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Could you try the airave with a friend/family member's internet to make sure it's not your internet? If it doesn't work with them, maybe there's something wrong with the airave device.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Could you try the airave with a friend/family member's internet to make sure it's not your internet? If it doesn't work with them, maybe there's something wrong with the airave device.

Forget the multiple Pre's through insurance, how about the fact that i am onto Airave #3 being sent out today!

Did tech support all around the board, Netgear wireless router, Optimum Online tech, and Airave tech and there is only one thing going on, no internet communication between the internet and airave hence why my wireless WAN blue light is blinking every so often ...

In 4-5 days we will see if in fact i had such bad luck that 2 airaves (both older version and newer version) were defects ...

Thanks to all for trying to help, but at this point i disconnected the new airave (never even got it to connect even after the coolness of my first front pager lol)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

All I can say is
    WOW!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Bad WAN port on Airave. I think the WAN indicator only detects an ethernet connection. It should be solid blue just being connected to you router (LAN) or modem regardless of if there is internet connectivity. The SYS light will be blinking (or red) instead when there is no Internet communitcation.

(Note: I could be wrong)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast