Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I want to install a virtual keyboard for my Pre so I dont have to keep using the one thats built into the Pre. Where can I find this? I have WebOS installed but didnt see it in the list.

    thanks
    Angelo
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    I want to install a virtual keyboard for my Pre so I dont have to keep using the one thats built into the Pre. Where can I find this? I have WebOS installed but didnt see it in the list.

    thanks
    Angelo
    You will need to install Preware as far as I know. It will be listed in patches, under the mojo sub folder.

    However, it should be noted that it is still in beta, and does not work 100% with everything. I would keep it is as a backup, but you will still end up using the physical keyboard, at least that is what I find myself doing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    You will need to install Preware as far as I know. It will be listed in patches, under the mojo sub folder.

    However, it should be noted that it is still in beta, and does not work 100% with everything. I would keep it is as a backup, but you will still end up using the physical keyboard, at least that is what I find myself doing.

    Sorry to ask a dumb question, what is this Preware and where can I find it?
  4. #4  
    Start here: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

    Install Preware instead of fileCoster
  5. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #5  
    there is no such thing as a dumb question unless i ask it.
    the best way would be to search for the preware thread on this forum.
    it should be the first thread when you search it give you complete directions on how to install it.
    there is a preware quickstart floating around you can search for that 2.
  6.    #6  
    i actually installed coaster using these directions
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

    Can i have coaster and preware both installed at the same time?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    i actually installed coaster using these directions
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

    Can i have coaster and preware both installed at the same time?
    yes you can. Preware is very similar to filecoaster except that it can install patches for you.
  8. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #8  
    yes you can install both at the same time but honestly preware should be your defacto choice for its ease of you and maintenance and it can handle advanced installs(the good stuff)
  9. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #9  
    complex i concede this one to you
  10.    #10  
    thanks for your help
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    complex i concede this one to you
    rofl

Posting Permissions