Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Today I accidentally forwarded a text message to a land line bec the contact had a lot of numbers assoc with it. I meant to send it to their cell obv. I would have never noticed if it wasn't for the two text messages that came in after this telling me about charges and how I sent it to a land line.

I feel like their should be some type of notification before the text is sent.

Does it cost money to text to a landline from the Pre?
    how would the Pre, or any other phone, know that you are calling a landline vs cellphone vs fax?
    No way, right?
    you can text landlines ,but i dont understand how it works lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    how would the Pre, or any other phone, know that you are calling a landline vs cellphone vs fax?
    No way, right?

In my case and every other if people label their phone number correctly the pre would know it was a land line bec it wasn't their mobile. If you try to txt to a fax or home or any other moniker it should tell you.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i do it ALL the time by mistake .. i have never gotten charged (i have unlimited texts) when the person answers, an automated person reads them the text.

It will tell u after it sent .. not b4
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    no texting a land line from sprint is included as a normal message. The message rings the land line then says you received a message from number xxxxxx then prompts you to accept then reads the message.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    You are both right. However I don't want to get lost in the cost part of it. Wouldn't it be better if it did what I suggested?

If you think about the process of accidentally sending a text to a land line and then still sending it to who you intended to, it is a real pain in the ***.
    I understand what you’re trying to say..Hopefully someone makes a patch to ask if you want a notification before sending text to anything that is not categorized as a mobile number. Because I do have people that have a lot of different numbers assoc with them and I can see how it can get confusing sometimes.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    it can be a pain if you do it all the time .. but if it happens 1 time a week (which with me its prob like once every 2 weeks or less) then all i have to do is forward that text .. its really not that bad (it would be worse if i had to type it all out .. )

Ur request makes sense .. but for me atleast ... it doesn't really matter
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    charge for text to landline is based on the carrier. Sprint will know if it is a landline, since the message will have to be translated. text message is just another form of email. Since a landline dose not have an email associated with it, it has to be converted by the carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    You are both right. However I don't want to get lost in the cost part of it. Wouldn't it be better if it did what I suggested?
    no, because i don't have all my numbers correctly labeled- but i do send my texts to the number i intend. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    no texting a land line from sprint is included as a normal message. The message rings the land line then says you received a message from number xxxxxx then prompts you to accept then reads the message.
    a) I have Sprint
    b) I've done it several times while drunk texting
    c) I've never been charged
    d) I have unlimited texting
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    a) I have Sprint
    b) I've done it several times while drunk texting
    c) I've never been charged
    d) I have unlimited texting
    1. I too have Sprint
    2. I've never done "drunk texting" but I have picked the wrong number from a contact list a time or two
    3. I've never been charged
    4. I have unlimited texting
    5. I think it would be fun to be in cowgirlupkelly's contact list, just in case she accidentally drunk texted me...
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I do it all the time when I'm bored and feel like totally embarrassing someone by texting some extremely offensive sometimes ****ographic sometimes otherwise totally inappropriate messages knowing that it is being read back to whomever answers the phone.

Doing this to unsuspecting people is always funny . . . always funny . . . on every level.

Thus far sprint has never charged me. The hard part is finding land lines now. Noone has em anymore.

The more outrageous and morally corrupt the text is, the funnier the reaction.

Always . . .. Funny.