1.    #1  
    I've been trying to figure out why my Pre has seen a marked performance reduction going from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 and I've started to notice a trend. My Pre seems to run about the same when the data connection isn't being actively used, but when the data connection is moving any data to/from my phone, it becomes noticeably sluggish. Scrolling becomes extremely choppy.. zooming back to the desktop or swiping from app to app is snaggy. And as soon as the data icon goes back to its inactive state, things clear right up.

Anyone else notice this? Did Palm make some sort of change to the data radio or the way data is handled that impacted performance? This seems eerily similar to the Pixi performance issues though to a lesser extreme since the Pre is a more powerful device..

Thoughts?
    it's been slow and choppy since 1.3.1 period. i haven't narrowed it down to data tho. But for sure it is my biggest complaint at this point. Who cares about apps when the phone makes you want to throw it?
    Same here. Data is VERY sluggish on 1.3.1. I am not happy about that. It is taking forever to load some pages.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i think so because it seems like the signal is better i get reception where i didn't before but the pre is a little sluggish now

i can live but not a good trade off
  5.    #5  
    it's been slow and choppy since 1.3.1 period.
    I originally thought that too, Vick. Since I've upgraded I've had marked periods of time where my Pre performed as well as it did back on 1.2.1 and I couldn't figure out the rhyme or reason to it.. I was mystified. Only over the last day or two did I start to notice the correlation with data usage and the slowdowns.

Just to prove it to myself, I just now turned off my data connection completely and my Pre is pretty zippy. There are a couple slight chuggs if I try to go breakneck speed swiping apps around but nowhere near the sluggishness when the data connection is being used.
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I originally thought that too, Vick. Since I've upgraded I've had marked periods of time where my Pre performed as well as it did back on 1.2.1 and I couldn't figure out the rhyme or reason to it.. I was mystified. Only over the last day or two did I start to notice the correlation with data usage and the slowdowns.

Just to prove it to myself, I just now turned off my data connection completely and my Pre is pretty zippy. There are a couple slight chuggs if I try to go breakneck speed swiping apps around but nowhere near the sluggishness when the data connection is being used.
    Indeed. Def a bug with EVDO then. Hope It's resolved in the 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've been seeing the SAME thing, even with wireless on strong.. HOPING this and the app limit is fixed... cause it's kinda ridiculous
    Its slightly slower yes but also able to open less apps than before. Dont think its a data issue but feels more like a java runtime issue. Also getting hella lotta memory leaking with the web and email app.
    I have noticed too, when stream radio from shoutcast it works fine for about 1 1/2 then starts to hang a lot. And thats only a 64 bit stream, 32 bit streams is about all it can handle as of now.
    32 kbps is not for audiophiles.