1.    #1  
    I have tried the webOS doctor twice now, both times it has got to 11% and then given up, so i get the message "We were unable to reset your phone. Please go to Palm Support for help"

Any Ideas?
    Download it again. It sounds like you have a bad copy. What's the file size?
  3.    #3  
    826 bytes, is that the right size?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Download it again. It sounds like you have a bad copy. What's the file size?
    That sounds like the best option. Also, try restarting your computer or trying on another computer.
  5.    #5  
    I might try restarting, as this is the second computer ive tried it on, and neither have worked thus far
    Quote Originally Posted by otumelty View Post
    That's the wrong file--it's really just a pointer to a file that is stored in a mysterious location on your computer. Try looking in for a 200MB-ish file that is in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61, but the number on the last folder might be different. The file will have a non-intelligible name.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I don't have it on the computer I'm on right now, but I can assure you it's more than 826 bytes.

I'm downloading it now, and will report that actual size to you, but the initial download said 223 megabytes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    That's the wrong file--it's really just a pointer to a file that is stored in a mysterious location on your computer. Try looking in for a 200MB-ish file that is in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61, but the number on the last folder might be different. The file will have a non-intelligible name.
    I hadn't even thought that he might be looking at the link.

I'd recommend downloading it, and saving it a known location rather than depending on the location where your Java installation stores it.

Otumelty, you can download and save the file by following this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...available.html

Rename the .zip extension to .jar, and you should be set.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I hadn't even thought that he might be looking at the link.

I'd recommend downloading it, and saving it a known location rather than depending on the location where your Java installation stores it.

Otumelty, you can download and save the file by following this link:

Rename the .zip extension to .jar, and you should be set.
    Im doing that now, wish me luck!

Had to take the link out of the quote becuase I havent posted enough....
    It should be @ 220MB in size.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The actual size after downloading should be 229,368 KB
  12.    #12  
    Tried that, it said it wasnt compatible with my phone, it could be becuase im UK based though
    I've only used webOS Doctor one time, and that was a while ago. It's likely that your original download was okay, since you said that it ran, and I'm assuming that you got it from the Palm website. So the question is why did it quit after 11%? Is it always 11%? You've tried rebooting your computer. Have you tried putting your Pre in developer mode? Is your battery fully charged?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Tried that, it said it wasnt compatible with my phone, it could be becuase im UK based though
    Yes, that would be a problem. Sorry, I didn't think of that. Too used to playing in the Sprint playground, and forgot the neighbor kids have come to play.

Can anyone help him out with a link to the UK version of the WebOS Doctor?
  15.    #15  
    Im not sure if I can get my phone into developer mode, becuase I can't get it to be all nice, and usable, although if you can do it remotely, fair enough, im going to reboot now, thats the last thing I have to try.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for your input everyone. Sadly, I have not been able to kickstart it, so down to the o2 shop tomorrow when hopefully the tech guy will be able to fix it for me!
    Did you ever get any result from this? I'm currently suffering the same problem.
    All copies of the webOS doctor for all carriers are here.
    I ♥ my Pre.