Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    so I just discovered phone captures on the "photos" section on my Pre. When I opened the folder, I saw that I had capture images of conversations like the Iphone does now.

I am trying to figure out how I did it and I cant. Does any one else know about this or how to do it? If so, how?

Thank you very much!
    when i try to open up my file coaster it doesn't pop up the apps, I have used it before on many occasions but haven't used it in a while. any ideas on what may have happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    so I just discovered phone captures on the "photos" section on my Pre. When I opened the folder, I saw that I had capture images of conversations like the Iphone does now.

I am trying to figure out how I did it and I cant. Does any one else know about this or how to do it? If so, how?

Thank you very much!
    press "orange" + "sym" + "P"

that will save a screen shot in your photos app.
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrefyter247 View Post
    when i try to open up my file coaster it doesn't pop up the apps, I have used it before on many occasions but haven't used it in a while. any ideas on what may have happened?
    give your phone a quick restart and see if that helps. Are any other apps affected?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    press "orange" + "sym" + "P"

that will save a screen shot in your photos app.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Knowing this has made my day!
    Do you have the most current version? I believe it is 1.1.6.
    if its been quite a while, it may be that it is out of date and won't work with the current version of webOS.

try going in and re-installing it again.

also, sometimes for me a power off/on of (reset) of the phone helps, couldn't tell you
    There are four lights.
    File coaster opens but does not load what is available ? Have you checked updates ? ( little gift icon )
    hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a CD onto my pre? I have already ripped the CD and I put the songs into a folder in the amazon MP3 folder on the pre (using USB sync) and i dont see it.

In short, how do I put MP3s into the songs folder on my pre?

Any help would be appreciated.

John
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    When you create a bookmark and add it to the launcher, what is the file path for the icon that is created? I would like to give them custom icons by using WebOS QI to replace the default that is used, but I cannot seem to locate the .png files.

I have searched these threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rk-images.html

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...es-stored.html

The paths they reference do not work. These are older posts, so the path may have changed in a webos update. I also know that you can simply zoom in on the site logo to make a good looking icon, but I would like to be able to replace the actual file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jclarkin View Post
    hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a CD onto my pre? I have already ripped the CD and I put the songs into a folder in the amazon MP3 folder on the pre (using USB sync) and i dont see it.

In short, how do I put MP3s into the songs folder on my pre?

Any help would be appreciated.

John
    They should be auto detected by the music player. You are positive they are MP3's? Did you get the warning that you didn't properly eject your pre when you left USB mode? If you did it is possible that your pre got confused. Try giving it a quick reboot.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpre View Post
    When you create a bookmark and add it to the launcher, what is the file path for the icon that is created? I would like to give them custom icons by using WebOS QI to replace the default that is used, but I cannot seem to locate the .png files.

I have searched these threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rk-images.html

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...es-stored.html

The paths they reference do not work. These are older posts, so the path may have changed in a webos update. I also know that you can simply zoom in on the site logo to make a good looking icon, but I would like to be able to replace the actual file.

Try looking here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...her-links.html
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I can show you how to make your own icon to save a bookmark link to launcher but not to save to bookmarks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They should be auto detected by the music player. You are positive they are MP3's? Did you get the warning that you didn't properly eject your pre when you left USB mode? If you did it is possible that your pre got confused. Try giving it a quick reboot.
    thank you for your advice but uhhhhh why can i not just drag & drop mp3's into the music folder on my phone?

I guess what id like to know is how do I put a CD onto my pre? is there a step-by-step guide anywhere in this forum?

Thanks for your help.

John
    Now I have all these songs on my phone that I don't want, and when I hook up my pre to my computer, the files are nowhere to be found, so I cant delete them. I half want to just reset my pre all together & stop trying to do **** with it. I suck at this stuff, obviously.
    thank you for your advice but uhhhhh why can i not just drag & drop mp3's into the music folder on my phone?

I guess what id like to know is how do I put a CD onto my pre? is there a step-by-step guide anywhere in this forum?

Thanks for your help.

John
    You seem to be asking different questions, one concerning CD's and one concerning MP3's

RE MP3's: You can simply drag & drop MP3's into the music folder on your phone. There is nothing else that needs to be done, except make sure you properly eject the Pre as a USB device (as you would any USB device).

RE CD's: To get a series of songs from a CD to MP3 format, they have to be ripped. Doing that will vary depending on the OS you have, and what added software you have. Probably a step by step is out of the scope of a generic "how to" on the forum, because there are so many variables.
    just want to say thanks for the help on the filecoaster thing, i guess i had an outdated version so i just updated it and now it works, thanks
    Now I have all these songs on my phone that I don't want, and when I hook up my pre to my computer, the files are nowhere to be found, so I cant delete them. I half want to just reset my pre all together & stop trying to do **** with it. I suck at this stuff, obviously.
    When you say "I have all these songs on my phone that I don't want", it makes it sound like you used Media Sync. Stating that you used "USB Sync" also makes it sound as if this is what you've done. As a matter of fact, throwing in the information about the Amazon folder leads me to believe you're mixing up different methods.

If want to drag and drop, connect your Pre via USB cord and select "USB Drive". If there is not a Music folder on your Pre, create one (this isn't required, just makes things easy). Drag the songs you want to the Music folder.

You should not drag and drop anything into the Amazon folder. That is for that app only. If you want to buy songs on your Pre via Amazon, and transfer them to iTunes, Palm has a Windows application for that:
    Palm Support : Palm Music Assistant (Windows installer)

We can help you locate your files, but you have to tell use exactly what you did to get them there.
    Ok my other thread got mis understood and moved.

Here is the issue: I have a Palm Pre

I had my employee's work email with all my contacts on it. Over 400 !.. i now do not have access to this account unless I am at work. Therefore I need to remove the account but want to keep my contacts in it that it sync's threw OWA.

How can I do this. Every now and again the Account asks me to update my password, but I cant access it no more for I had went from salaried to hourly which removes my access to the account except when at work.

Basically I would like to make all my OWA contacts now PALM PROFILE Contacts so that when I remove the account it doesnt take all my contacts with it.

Anyone have a answer or solution. ?>
    I'm having trouble installing new applications on my phone through both the App Catalog and Filecoaster. In both applications it keeps telling me I don't have enough memory to download the application, however I've deleted a bunch of applications and only have a few small ones left (8 to be exact and none more than 2mb) and it still gives me an error message. Can anyone help?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast