Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    *jaw drops on floor* man that is crazy! I will definitely give Palm a call tomorrow before i call Bell. I hope i get a "wonder" battery And thanks to everyone that has help me.
    How much juice did / do you have when it restarts on you "only while browsing"? I think it shuts down by default at 15%
    EDIT: i just check the palm website for the number and it says it cost $14.95 to call them, is there anyway around this?
    you can call free for "setup help" in the first 90 days. if you are within 90 days, you could call and change the convo to the battery problem.

you can also try the chat support which is free.

for your own time, tell them that you have just completely re-doctored the pre, just now, this second.

otherwise you may get the regular tech support addage that you need to try resetting, yet again, even if it didn't work last time.

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/...s/page_en.html
    There are four lights.
    my computer does not recognize that my pre is plugged in when i want to put something on it from the quick install application. i want to put a theme on, but it wont recognize my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sheena View Post
    my computer does not recognize that my pre is plugged in when i want to put something on it from the quick install application. i want to put a theme on, but it wont recognize my phone.
    has it worked in the past? double check you have dev mode enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    has it worked in the past? double check you have dev mode enabled.
    This, and sometimes try another usb port. If that doesn't work, restart WOSQI, and do a clean restart of your phone. If this still doesn't work, give your computer a restart.

Restart early, restart often.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    How much juice did / do you have when it restarts on you "only while browsing"? I think it shuts down by default at 15%
    My battery was more than 50% and i was not browsing i was watching a video off of youtube via the youtube app.
    My battery was more than 50% and i was not browsing i was watching a video off of youtube via the youtube app.
    Don't sound like a battery issue to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Don't sound like a battery issue to me.
    Krab, Have you run WebOS Repair Utility?

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Krab, Have you run WebOS Repair Utility?
    No i have not run it, do you think it will have any effect? And i was just talking to a technician online and he just closed the conversation on me...
    Can anyone tell me why I can't open Homebrew list application on my pre.
    It use to work fine until about 10 days ago, it say loading apps, but never does, and now is telling me- Exception: failed while parsing, xml not found????

OK, here's what's happening, When I go to filCoaster on my pre from my application page, it tells me to "choose an option" so I choose Homebrew List, it then tells me that it is loading application list on the bottom, then it tells me, an error occurred Exception: failed while parsing, xml not found.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesoto33 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I can't open Homebrew list application on my pre...CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!
    Hello,

Did you by any chance install MyTether and its patch? If you did, it will not allow the HB list to open. You must un-install the patch:

Open the MyTether app; at the bottom you will see "Options," select it and you will see "WiFi Tethering Patch;" Move the slide bar to "Off" and restart your Pre.

If you want to use MyTether again, reinstall the patch from the MyTether "Options" menu.
    BobKy <<<------- posted this in another forum and this may help you out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well i just tried to use webos repair utility and it is not detecting my pre... so i think i will just take me chance at calling palm and bell tomorrow, thanks anyways tho.
    No i have not run it, do you think it will have any effect? And i was just talking to a technician online and he just closed the conversation on me...
    It won't hurt anything, and has the possibility to help.

well i just tried to use webos repair utility and it is not detecting my pre... so i think i will just take me chance at calling palm and bell tomorrow, thanks anyways tho.
    restart your phone and computer and try it again .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesoto33 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I can't open Homebrew list application on my pre.
    It use to work fine until about 10 days ago, it say loading apps, but never does, and now is telling me- Exception: failed while parsing, xml not found????

OK, here's what's happening, When I go to filCoaster on my pre from my application page, it tells me to "choose an option" so I choose Homebrew List, it then tells me that it is loading application list on the bottom, then it tells me, an error occurred Exception: failed while parsing, xml not found.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP
    do you have dev. mode turned on ? well the only thing i can think of is to delete filecoaster and reinstall it on your phone . i currently only use preware which has alot more stuff than filecoaster and therefor i know very little about the program or its issues .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi, I have had my pre since the first day and I am kind of embarrassed to post this, but I have tried to look up an answer first, but did not find any help. My question is this, I can only send an email from my pre when my wifi is on. If I turn it off, then I cannot send an email. I can receive emails on the sprint network, but this only happens when I try to send one. Any advice would help. I am not an expert on this stuff, but I am not afraid to set things up if I have help. Thanks and hope to hear from someone without feeling put down or stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegraw View Post
    Hi, I have had my pre since the first day and I am kind of embarrassed to post this, but I have tried to look up an answer first, but did not find any help. My question is this, I can only send an email from my pre when my wifi is on. If I turn it off, then I cannot send an email. I can receive emails on the sprint network, but this only happens when I try to send one. Any advice would help. I am not an expert on this stuff, but I am not afraid to set things up if I have help. Thanks and hope to hear from someone without feeling put down or stupid.
    well first try doing all the normal stuff ---- do you have any patches or new apps that might have done this? open device info app and swipe down from top left and do the interactive and quick tests ,these will test the hardware and software on your phone . it may find a glitch somewhere or may not but its always good to try. then get back to us please. ttyl
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 12/07/2009 at 07:42 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegraw View Post
    I had a problem like this after I doctored my Pre a week or two ago. What fixed it for me was removing my email account and recreating it. Took 5 minutes and haven't had a problem since.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Something went wrong. I could not open an app -- "too many cards" even though no cards open. Rebooted and when it restarted my launcher pages were totally chaotic -- only 3 pages (I had about 6) and apps were on pages randomly. I still can create new pages (patch still there) but it will be a nuisance. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have an explanation?
    I have had a similar thing happen but I have not rebooted the pre so I dont know if anything chaotic happens. I get the "Sorry, too many cards" warning even though I dont have any cards open and I am trying to open an app. I think I know why this is occuring, but I dont know of a solution. This normally occurs after I recieve texts with pictures in them. even if I close the messanger app I still get the too many cards. I am only able to reopen one app and that is the messanger app. So my guess is that the messanger app is beign cache somewhere and the images in the texts is causing the card app to reach the card memory limit. So does anyone have a solution? Is there a way to increase the card app memory limit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I have had a similar thing happen but I have not rebooted the pre so I dont know if anything chaotic happens. I get the "Sorry, too many cards" warning even though I dont have any cards open and I am trying to open an app. I think I know why this is occuring, but I dont know of a solution. This normally occurs after I recieve texts with pictures in them. even if I close the messanger app I still get the too many cards. I am only able to reopen one app and that is the messanger app. So my guess is that the messanger app is beign cache somewhere and the images in the texts is causing the card app to reach the card memory limit. So does anyone have a solution? Is there a way to increase the card app memory limit?

Thanks
    WebOS has a known memory leak, and over the course of a week or two the too many cards thing can happen. Also, WebOS can take a minute or two to free up the memory from a closed card.

the easiest thing to do is a restart. The launcher problem you quoted is the first time I have heard of that, so don't be afraid to restart.

there is a patch available from preware or WeOS quick install that will reduce the amount of avaable swap memory that WevOS requires to open new apps. It only males the difference of a few extra apps though.

as WebOS conitues to mature hopefully the "too many cards" warning will become less frequent.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast