Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 323
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    I received a memory critical, too many cards open too, today. but, my launcher didn't go crazy. I was browsing a web page, and received it. I rebooted and was fine. my phone is only a few days old.
    WebOS is not perfect with its memory management yet and there is a small memory leak. Also, if you have just closed a ton of apps, it can take a minute or two for the memory to return to the system. You will run into the too many cards thing every once and a while. What I do to get around this is reboot my phone when I go to charge it. Hope that helps.

    As far as the screen shot things goes, I really don't know what would be causing it. However, if it becomes too much of a problem for you, I would run EPR in webos quick install and then run webos repair utility. Just to tidy things up.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    WebOS is not perfect with its memory management yet and there is a small memory leak. Also, if you have just closed a ton of apps, it can take a minute or two for the memory to return to the system. You will run into the too many cards thing every once and a while. What I do to get around this is reboot my phone when I go to charge it. Hope that helps.

    As far as the screen shot things goes, I really don't know what would be causing it. However, if it becomes too much of a problem for you, I would run EPR in webos quick install and then run webos repair utility. Just to tidy things up.
    Interesting, so I ran the EPR, and when I perform the screen shot, it works fine. I wonder what could have caused it. I guess running patches can cause the pre to act funny?

    Thanks for your help! :-)
  3. chs117's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #123  
    I used data transfer assistant to transfer from outlook to plam, and guess what folks, I have multiple entries of same events and contacts. How can I start again?
  4. #124  
    I have a question:

    I had thought that in the new version of WebOS, photos were being saved as .png files.

    From what I remember, they were saved as both .jpg and .png files.

    Unless I got it backwards, my phone is saving all new photos as .jpg files?

    What is it supposed to save new photos as, when taking a picture with the built-in camera?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I have a question:

    I had thought that in the new version of WebOS, photos were being saved as .png files.

    From what I remember, they were saved as both .jpg and .png files.

    Unless I got it backwards, my phone is saving all new photos as .jpg files?

    What is it supposed to save new photos as, when taking a picture with the built-in camera?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    jpg is the correct format. I believe a screenshor will have a png version as well. But for camera it has allways been jpg AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

    cheers
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    jpg is the correct format. I believe a screenshor will have a png version as well. But for camera it has allways been jpg AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

    cheers
    Thanks again!

    Can you refresh my memory.

    Was there something done with jpg and png on the Pre... if it wasn't with the Camera what was it with.

    I do remember reading something. I just can't figure out what it was at this point.

    Maybe something to do with downloading, email?

    Thanks for filling in my brain farts!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by chs117 View Post
    I used data transfer assistant to transfer from outlook to plam, and guess what folks, I have multiple entries of same events and contacts. How can I start again?
    Don't have any answer for you, same thing happened for me also.
  8. #128  
    Hey ppl, im using gDial pro. the problems im having is

    1. When i dial the *28615XXXXXXX number, my phone make a call then it end the call, is that normal?

    2. I cant recieve sms to my GV but i can send them.

    3.how do i transfer my contact to GV? i heard about this thing called "cloud"?

    Do they make a thread for GV for dummies? lol
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    It could be a battery issue. Do you have any other problems with the phone restarting?

    Also, do you have any patches or tweaks installed? If so what are they.
    No that is the only time my phone will restart itself, from my experience so far. And no i do not have any tweaks or patches.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    hey guy, I have a question about a problem of mine. Sometimes when I am watching videos online, my pre will restart itself. It this a battery issue or a phone issue?

    thanks in advance,
    krab19
    Restart where you see the black screen with the glowing palm logo ?
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfus_boi View Post
    Hey ppl, im using gDial pro. the problems im having is

    1. When i dial the *28615XXXXXXX number, my phone make a call then it end the call, is that normal?

    2. I cant recieve sms to my GV but i can send them.

    3.how do i transfer my contact to GV? i heard about this thing called "cloud"?

    Do they make a thread for GV for dummies? lol

    Overall, several of your questions may require you logging into your google voice account from your computer so that you can properly set up the options

    1. It may depend upon the settings you are using in the preferences of gdial IE do you have it set to "used web based dial" in the preferences? also, if you are dialing over seas you have to put money into the google voice account, if you havent done so already. try playing with the web-based dial setting, and ensuring you have charged your google account (I have not done so myself, but assume it can be done easily from the website via credit card.)

    2. that is odd, do you get any feedback when you try to send, what kind of errors do you see?

    3. Transfering contacts will be similar to when you transfer the contacts to your gmail account, infact gmail account contacts are linked to the google voice account very easily. part of the answer may depend on where you keep your contacts currently. If you do not use an exchange server your contacts may be syincing to the "cloud" that palm has.

    cloud really just means a collection of servers/data centers around the country and world where bits of, and copies of your data are stored, in a backup form, that also automatically syncs with your pre. your gmail for example is stored "in the cloud". Personally i think its more a marketing term.

    also, while using your pre and gdial pro, the app can actually be used to dial your contacts from within your phone. IE if you are using the app-catalog version of gdial, you can go in and just hit the contacts icon in the upper right corner of the screen when displaying the dial pad. you will access the contacts app and can search for the person you want, then just dial from there, easy peasy.
    4: yes virginia, there is a google voice for dummies book.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=X5j...age&q=&f=false

    I'll look into your specific questions a little more and try to get back to you soon.

    cheers.
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/06/2009 at 11:54 AM.
    There are four lights.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    Hi,

    When I press the "orange, symbol and p" keys to get a screen capture, it will give me anywhere from 3-5 snapshots. Why?? Anyone else get this?

    Thanks! Denise
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Thanks again!

    Can you refresh my memory.

    Was there something done with jpg and png on the Pre... if it wasn't with the Camera what was it with.

    I do remember reading something. I just can't figure out what it was at this point.

    Maybe something to do with downloading, email?

    Thanks for filling in my brain farts!

    Rob

    a two-fer perhaps.

    denise, I wonder if you have the most recent version of webOS installed? the reason I ask is the answer to Robs question, i think

    in 1.2.1 anytime you hit the org+sym+p you would get atleast two screen captures. this was because the pre saved them in both a .png format and a .jpg format (actually always had, just it allowed you to view them now).

    anyway, the captures were also VERY quick, and it was easy to get an extra capture in there, resulting in four captures.

    1.3.1 was supposed to correct the double screenshot showing up (though not sure it actually did for everyone?) my understanding is that the screenshot still exists in two formats, but to see one of them you would have to put the pre in USB mode and look in the DCIM folder.

    anyway. denise, if you are on 1.3.1 and getting the multiple shots still it may just be a bug, as there are certainly instances of other things not applying correctly in other instances. or if you have used usb and moved folders i don't know if changing that structure would cause the pre to notice the screenshots it is supposed to ignore.

    OTOH if you are getting and ODD number of screen cap replicas, I'm not sure that my "theory" holds any "water".

    cheers.
    There are four lights.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Restart where you see the black screen with the glowing palm logo ?
    yup thats what happens.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    yup thats what happens.
    sounds like you need a new battery
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sounds like you need a new battery
    so, if I call bell will they give me a new battery free of charge? And thanks for the help
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    so, if I call bell will they give me a new battery free of charge? And thanks for the help
    they should replace just like sprint here in the US does for us . though if they do not im sure if you call palm they will send one to you if you get a little stern with them. lets just say i got a little upset but not rude or harsh . and i got a battery in like two days lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #137  
    Just wondering if it is possible to change a photo on the pre from a landscape to a portrait? It sucks when you are scrolling through photos and when a landscape comes up you move the phone to see it and then it flips on you.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    so, if I call bell will they give me a new battery free of charge? And thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they should replace just like sprint here in the US does for us . though if they do not im sure if you call palm they will send one to you if you get a little stern with them. lets just say i got a little upset but not rude or harsh . and i got a battery in like two days lol
    Definitely give palm a call. They are known for doing awesome customer service things. A while back in August, there was a forum member who told about a replacement battery they got from Palm and it was apparently the wonder battery. It had something like 2x the amount of life everyone else's battery had; something to the tune of 48 hours of use per charge.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19. #139  
    Anyone else hear loud static when they make a phone call with their Pre? It's the weirdest thing, sometimes it stops after a few seconds.

    I've had this phone since July and it's worked great, no problems. It just started out of the blue.

    Just wondering before I take it into the sprint store.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Definitely give palm a call. They are known for doing awesome customer service things. A while back in August, there was a forum member who told about a replacement battery they got from Palm and it was apparently the wonder battery. It had something like 2x the amount of life everyone else's battery had; something to the tune of 48 hours of use per charge.
    *jaw drops on floor* man that is crazy! I will definitely give Palm a call tomorrow before i call Bell. I hope i get a "wonder" battery And thanks to everyone that has help me.

    EDIT: i just check the palm website for the number and it says it cost $14.95 to call them, is there anyway around this?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions