Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 323
  1. #101  
    hey guy, I have a question about a problem of mine. Sometimes when I am watching videos online, my pre will restart itself. It this a battery issue or a phone issue?

    thanks in advance,
    krab19
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    hey guy, I have a question about a problem of mine. Sometimes when I am watching videos online, my pre will restart itself. It this a battery issue or a phone issue?

    thanks in advance,
    krab19
    It could be a battery issue. Do you have any other problems with the phone restarting?

    Also, do you have any patches or tweaks installed? If so what are they.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3. #103  
    I figured...thanks everyone! Already have Preware on the phone, so I am familiar with some of the homebrew stuff. Just have to track it down.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmedic View Post
    I figured...thanks everyone! Already have Preware on the phone, so I am familiar with some of the homebrew stuff. Just have to track it down.
    The remix is a fantastic player! You will enjoy it!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5. #105  
    I am new to this Thread and also new to the Palm Pre.
    I will be needing alot of help maybe with this new pre. So if any of you could help with how to do apps and other ideas thats will get me started to enjoy this cellphone would be great.

    Oh for those of you wanting a great deal on the Palm Pre go to Amazon.com they have the phone there for 79.99 with a new 2 yr service.
    RevCharlie
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by RevCharlie View Post
    I am new to this Thread and also new to the Palm Pre.
    I will be needing alot of help maybe with this new pre. So if any of you could help with how to do apps and other ideas thats will get me started to enjoy this cellphone would be great.

    Oh for those of you wanting a great deal on the Palm Pre go to Amazon.com they have the phone there for 79.99 with a new 2 yr service.
    RevCharlie
    Feel free to ask anything here. We are friendly

    What sort of apps are you looking to play with. The App Catalog is faily easy to use, you just need to set up an account. If you want to start play with Homebrew apps (essentially beta versions of apps that will one day be in the official App Catalog) then I suggest you surf over here: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

    That is a very good guide with pictures of how to get started with homebrew apps.

    Once you get familiar with the Pre, you can start messing around with Tweaks and Patches. These are a bit more involved than beta apps as they modify the underlying code in WebOS. They can do some really nifty stuff, but need to be taken care of from time to time. However, you cannot break your phone by messing with the software. Palm has provided a program that will repair all the software on your Pre or Pixi and return it to the original factory settings.

    So bottom line, have fun and enjoy your new Pre!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7. #107  
    ok; i'm a long time palm user moving from a centro to a pre; I think; just checking it out with a few questions:am i right about:

    you can't list contacts in categories?
    notes areas of contacts won't show up in searches?
    no synching of outlook wo an app?
    will i need an app to get my current contacts into pre?
    also calendar?

    this looks like a great phone, i just need reassurance. thanks for this thread for folks wo a lot ot tech worthiness
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    ok; i'm a long time palm user moving from a centro to a pre; I think; just checking it out with a few questions:am i right about:

    you can't list contacts in categories?
    No, you can't as far as I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    notes areas of contacts won't show up in searches?
    Not in universal search.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    no synching of outlook wo an app?
    You can sync exchange accounts. I have never done this, but looking at the front page of precentral it looks like there is an occasional bug or two. If it is a personal Outlook cal/email you will need to get an app.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    will i need an app to get my current contacts into pre?
    also calendar?
    I am not sure about these. However, you might be able to sync things to a google account on your centro. That can then easily sync up with the pre. Any users out there that made the switch from PalmOS to WebOS that could answer this?
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 12/05/2009 at 10:26 PM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9. #109  
    has anyone used the plantronics p590 bluetooth headset (dual earpieces - over the head) with the pre?
    thanks
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    ok; i'm a long time palm user moving from a centro to a pre; I think; just checking it out with a few questions:am i right about:

    you can't list contacts in categories?
    notes areas of contacts won't show up in searches?
    no synching of outlook wo an app?
    will i need an app to get my current contacts into pre?
    also calendar?

    this looks like a great phone, i just need reassurance. thanks for this thread for folks wo a lot ot tech worthiness
    Contacts // preferences // list order // First name - last name - company and first name - company and last name
  11. #111  
    Something went wrong. I could not open an app -- "too many cards" even though no cards open. Rebooted and when it restarted my launcher pages were totally chaotic -- only 3 pages (I had about 6) and apps were on pages randomly. I still can create new pages (patch still there) but it will be a nuisance. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have an explanation?
    Laissez Faire
  12.    #112  
    Thanx, Complex-Colonel-Shane and JoeT for holding down the fort last night.
    And thanx to everybody's favorite Mistress- Blaize- for practically holding the steering wheel of this thread during the afternoon.
    (If she doesn't have a hangover from her x-mas party , i'm sure she'll be back to help today)
  13. #113  
    Hi,

    When I press the "orange, symbol and p" keys to get a screen capture, it will give me anywhere from 3-5 snapshots. Why?? Anyone else get this?

    Thanks! Denise
  14. #114  
    Hey everybody, i am a med student going on interviews for residency in the coming months. Programs send me emails with all the impt details in it, which i usually check the day (or two) before the interview. problem is most of these are 1-2 months old. I cant figure out an easy way to search for them on the pre's email program because I guess they are older than the 1000 messages. If I search for them sometimes they will still come up but it takes over 5 minutes to find it. I have already the settings for "all emails". Any other ideas on how to do this?

    I may resort to just reemailing them to myself so that they go back to the top of the list. Thanks!
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by panchala View Post
    Hey everybody, i am a med student going on interviews for residency in the coming months. Programs send me emails with all the impt details in it, which i usually check the day (or two) before the interview. problem is most of these are 1-2 months old. I cant figure out an easy way to search for them on the pre's email program because I guess they are older than the 1000 messages. If I search for them sometimes they will still come up but it takes over 5 minutes to find it. I have already the settings for "all emails". Any other ideas on how to do this?

    I may resort to just reemailing them to myself so that they go back to the top of the list. Thanks!
    hey welcome to a fellow ms4

    I would suggest flagging those emails then when you need them search for "flag" and you should get the results much quicker.

    cheers!
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    hey welcome to a fellow ms4

    I would suggest flagging those emails then when you need them search for "flag" and you should get the results much quicker.

    cheers!
    That is what I was gonna say. MS2 here I had the fun of paying $505 to take the USMLE step 1 today...sigh...
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    Hi,

    When I press the "orange, symbol and p" keys to get a screen capture, it will give me anywhere from 3-5 snapshots. Why?? Anyone else get this?

    Thanks! Denise
    Interesting. I assume you are not pushing any of the buttons multiple times. Do you have any patches installed? Is there any difference between the pictures?

    All I can think of right now is you might have some sticky keys.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Something went wrong. I could not open an app -- "too many cards" even though no cards open. Rebooted and when it restarted my launcher pages were totally chaotic -- only 3 pages (I had about 6) and apps were on pages randomly. I still can create new pages (patch still there) but it will be a nuisance. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have an explanation?
    Did you recently install any new patches? My guess is something got messed up in the patch that adds new launcher pages. As a safety precaution I might suggest un-installing that patch and reinstalling it.

    If you don't think it would be too much of hassle I might recommend running the Emergency Patch Repair (will remove all of your patches) in the Quick installer, and then, if you are feeling festive, run WebOS Repair Utility. This will clean up your phone, and then you can reinstall all the patches you want.

    Every computer system gets gunked up from time to time. It could also be a one time thing.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Interesting. I assume you are not pushing any of the buttons multiple times. Do you have any patches installed? Is there any difference between the pictures?

    All I can think of right now is you might have some sticky keys.
    Thanks.. nope, only pushing once. I'll have to keep playing around with it.

    I have a few patches installed, but nothing that I can think of that would interfere with this.

    Yes, sometimes there is a difference between the pics. For example, I took a snapshot of a web page because I received an error (another topic!), and the 3 different photos it took you can see the status of the web page loading in different sections (the circle on the bottom right). Sometimes it's the same though.

    I just did another snapshot of the launcher, and I received 2 photos, but they looked identical.

    Very very weird!
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Did you recently install any new patches? My guess is something got messed up in the patch that adds new launcher pages. As a safety precaution I might suggest un-installing that patch and reinstalling it.

    If you don't think it would be too much of hassle I might recommend running the Emergency Patch Repair (will remove all of your patches) in the Quick installer, and then, if you are feeling festive, run WebOS Repair Utility. This will clean up your phone, and then you can reinstall all the patches you want.

    Every computer system gets gunked up from time to time. It could also be a one time thing.
    I received a memory critical, too many cards open too, today. but, my launcher didn't go crazy. I was browsing a web page, and received it. I rebooted and was fine. my phone is only a few days old.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions