Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    i got a question. Ive been trying to increase the gain for the headphones. i found the following link and tried it but its way to big of a boost. it raises it up by 12db. i was wondering if it was possible to just raise it by 3-6db.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/members/jc-treo.html ---you should message this guy and ask him he would know alot more about it then i would . i just dont mess around with that internal stuff personally ,sorry --- anyone else know anything about this stuff ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i got a question. Ive been trying to increase the gain for the headphones. i found the following link and tried it but its way to big of a boost. it raises it up by 12db. i was wondering if it was possible to just raise it by 3-6db.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html
    C/P from above link
    Code:
    # modified: 091005 by Georges Berenger: new default to headset only. Replaced "media" with "alerts"
    # modified: 090103 by Damian Kowalewski
    # 9/10 - routing/gain changes
    # 10/8 - reduced overall gain to avoid clipping
    # 11/18 - added 'powerdown' and 'poweup' states to save power
    # 01/03 - changed the default/alternative to default/media
    begin media_headset
    # enable RXR2, RXR1, RXL1
    setreg 0x02 0xc0
    setreg 0x04 0x01
    setreg 0x05 0x02
    setreg 0x06 0x00
    setreg 0x07 0x08
    setreg 0x08 0x00
    setreg 0x0f 0x00
    # RXR1 0dB
    setreg 0x10 0x3f
    # RXL2 0dB
    setreg 0x11 0x3f
    # RXR2 0dB
    setreg 0x12 0x3f
    # R1 and L1 DACs ONLY
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    # +2dB
    ########## I modded the next two lines for webos 1.3.1
    setreg 0x19 0x03
    # +2dB
    setreg 0x1a 0x03
    # disable RXR2
    setreg 0x1c 0x00
    setreg 0x1e 0x00
    setreg 0x21 0x00
    # RXL1 0dB
    setreg 0x25 0x22
    # RXR1 0dB
    setreg 0x26 0x22
    # disable H-bridge
    setreg 0x2a 0x00
    setreg 0x43 0x1a
    end
    begin media_headset_alerts
    # for audio going to back speaker & headset
    # R1, L1, and R2 DACs
    setreg 0x17 0x07
    # +6dB
    setreg 0x1c 0x1b
    # input=RXR2
    setreg 0x2a 0x20
    setreg 0x2a 0x30
    setreg 0x2a 0x3e
    end
    begin media_headset_default
    # for audio going to headset only (disables speaker)
    # R1 and L1 DACs ONLY
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    # restore headset volume to default when media is playing
    # +2dB
    ########## I also changed the next two entries
    setreg 0x19 0x03
    # +2dB
    setreg 0x1a 0x03
    # disable RXR2
    setreg 0x1c 0x00
    # disable H-bridge
    setreg 0x2a 0x00
    end
    begin media_headset_powerdown
    setreg 0x25 0x00
    setreg 0x26 0x00
    setreg 0x19 0x00
    setreg 0x1a 0x00
    setreg 0x17 0x00
    end
    begin media_headset_powerup
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    setreg 0x19 0x2b
    setreg 0x1a 0x2b
    setreg 0x25 0x22
    setreg 0x26 0x22
    end
    Maybe by changing the last "red" +6 to +4 in the file would work
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/05/2009 at 03:59 PM.
    i tried that and there was no sound. and i did pm that guy and jason and i just think they are busy with other stuff. I think it has something to do with the 03 that is edited. im thinking there are codes and i was just hoping that someone would know the values of the code
    i tried that and there was no sound. and i did pm that guy and jason and i just think they are busy with other stuff. I think it has something to do with the 03 that is edited. im thinking there are codes and i was just hoping that someone would know the values of the code
    I believe that red "+6" is commented out. I would also give a shout to the webos-internal guys. They know much more about the working internals of webos than anyone else outside of Palm engineers.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I installed Jump One Word at a Time using Preware last month. When the update came out a while back, the update required that I remove the old version before installing the new version. Since that time, I have tried to remove the original version (1.3.1-0) about 10 times and it won't uninstall for some reason. The 2nd line of the IPKG log, which I think(?) might be the important line says "Unreversed patch detected". Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Does the pre allow for quick dial from contacts. Is there a contact tab or page that u can just press the pic of the contact you want to call and it will call it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Code:
    # modified: 091005 by Georges Berenger: new default to headset only. Replaced "media" with "alerts"
    # modified: 090103 by Damian Kowalewski
    # 9/10 - routing/gain changes
    # 10/8 - reduced overall gain to avoid clipping
    # 11/18 - added 'powerdown' and 'poweup' states to save power
    # 01/03 - changed the default/alternative to default/media
    begin media_headset
    # enable RXR2, RXR1, RXL1
    setreg 0x02 0xc0
    setreg 0x04 0x01
    setreg 0x05 0x02
    setreg 0x06 0x00
    setreg 0x07 0x08
    setreg 0x08 0x00
    setreg 0x0f 0x00
    # RXR1 0dB
    setreg 0x10 0x3f
    # RXL2 0dB
    setreg 0x11 0x3f
    # RXR2 0dB
    setreg 0x12 0x3f
    # R1 and L1 DACs ONLY
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    # +2dB
    ########## I modded the next two lines for webos 1.3.1
    setreg 0x19 0x1b
    # +2dB
    setreg 0x1a 0x1b
    # disable RXR2
    setreg 0x1c 0x00
    setreg 0x1e 0x00
    setreg 0x21 0x00
    # RXL1 0dB
    setreg 0x25 0x22
    # RXR1 0dB
    setreg 0x26 0x22
    # disable H-bridge
    setreg 0x2a 0x00
    setreg 0x43 0x1a
    end
    begin media_headset_alerts
    # for audio going to back speaker & headset
    # R1, L1, and R2 DACs
    setreg 0x17 0x07
    # +6dB
    setreg 0x1c 0x1b
    # input=RXR2
    setreg 0x2a 0x20
    setreg 0x2a 0x30
    setreg 0x2a 0x3e
    end
    begin media_headset_default
    # for audio going to headset only (disables speaker)
    # R1 and L1 DACs ONLY
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    # restore headset volume to default when media is playing
    # +2dB
    ########## I also changed the next two entries
    setreg 0x19 0x1b
    # +2dB
    setreg 0x1a 0x1b
    # disable RXR2
    setreg 0x1c 0x00
    # disable H-bridge
    setreg 0x2a 0x00
    end
    begin media_headset_powerdown
    setreg 0x25 0x00
    setreg 0x26 0x00
    setreg 0x19 0x00
    setreg 0x1a 0x00
    setreg 0x17 0x00
    end
    begin media_headset_powerup
    setreg 0x17 0x03
    setreg 0x19 0x2b
    setreg 0x1a 0x2b
    setreg 0x25 0x22
    setreg 0x26 0x22
    end
    Maybe by changing the last "red" +6 to +4 in the file would work
    we changed 03 to 1b and it gives a moderate boost in volume but not too much. pandora definitely was louder. and my lower bitrate mp3s were louder also. just figured someone may want this. i can make it into a patch if needed
    we changed 03 to 1b and it gives a moderate boost in volume but not too much. pandora definitely was louder. and my lower bitrate mp3s were louder also. just figured someone may want this. i can make it into a patch if needed
    Please post a copy of you updated file along with the copy I posted to compare.
    Thanks , good work
    Please post a copy of you updated file along with the copy I posted to compare.
    Thanks , good work
    here you go i should have done this earlyer sorry. just remember when you send it to the phone you need to do a full reboot to apply it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolira View Post
    I installed Jump One Word at a Time using Preware last month. When the update came out a while back, the update required that I remove the old version before installing the new version. Since that time, I have tried to remove the original version (1.3.1-0) about 10 times and it won't uninstall for some reason. The 2nd line of the IPKG log, which I think(?) might be the important line says "Unreversed patch detected". Anyone have any ideas?
    i dont know what to do about this patch because i could not get this one to work for me either so i just left it off my phone after this last update . the best you could do is search out the maintainer of this patch and put in a question for him .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Does the pre allow for quick dial from contacts. Is there a contact tab or page that u can just press the pic of the contact you want to call and it will call it?
    yes there is a quick contact app in the app catalog im pretty sure !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    here you go i should have done this earlyer sorry. just remember when you send it to the phone you need to do a full reboot to apply it
    Cool , just want to see where and what you changed from the original.
    Cool , just want to see where and what you changed from the original.
    have you tried it yet and if so what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    create new password first time and then the second time put in the correct info . i have not actually done this myself . but if you go ahead and call sprint and then ask for palm tech then you will find out exactly how and then post it back on here for everyonr that has similar trouble !!
    I did call Sprint and they transfered me to Palm (nice tech)! They said my info is still on the server and just go ahead and reload it from my profile!
    Thanks for your quick responce! The Pre is all back up and every contact is back!
    Here is my stupid question since I am new to the Pre.....

Is there anyway to make a playlist within the Music App that comes with the Pre? I put some music on my phone and wanted to make a playlist and couldn't figure out how!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Not without an app. I would look up launch pad in the app catalog. What it does it put a picture in your launcher page and you can just tap that to call a designated phone#, sms #, or email address. It is very nice and quick. I believe it costs $0.99.

Here is a brief description from it when it was in homebrew: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/launchpad

I might suggest Quick Contact in the app catalog also.

@budgetmedic------sorry lol i dont know ? there is a patch to hide that app and i have it. because there is a modified version of that app which will allow you to make quick pick playlist from the main screen which is completely superior to the original music app , this app is in the homebrew apps still im sure!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmedic View Post

Is there anyway to make a playlist within the Music App that comes with the Pre? I put some music on my phone and wanted to make a playlist and couldn't figure out how!
    No there isn't. If you want to make play lists you need to get the music player remix from homebrew or you need to sync you pre with an older version of itunes or you can use media monkey (what I would recommend).

If you want to get access to homebrew apps just surf over here: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

There is a player in beta right now called NaNplayer that will have the abilities to make playlists on the pre, not to mention some other really cool stuff too. It will be released to the App Catalog soon, palm just needs to fix up some of the APIs. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmedic View Post

Very sadly no, not within the app on the phone. There was a time when one of the itunes version did, not any longer.

There are a few other music manager programs that are supposed to support that, songbird, and a few others, but I have not personally had any success with them.

Maybe some day
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Very sadly no, not within the app on the phone. There was a time when one of the itunes version did, not any longer.

There are a few other music manager programs that are supposed to support that, songbird, and a few others, but I have not personally had any success with them.

Maybe some day
    Check out Media Monkey, it has full Pre support as does Winamp, but it is a bit annoying to work with.

Also, wait for NaNplayer to come out. I am a beta tester and it will blow your socks off!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast