Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I am having the exact same problem with my pre on Bell, i am able to send picture messages but i am not able to receive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ronbo could you somehow put a link in the first post of each subthread that says something like "if you need further help or have not found a fix please tap here " get it ? That way they can come here and get more help? Will that work?
    Yes, sure, that is indeed a great idea! Will do.
    I think dbd just did an opps on the first post. Ok, will search those post and move them back in there.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I think dbd just did an opps on the first post. Ok, will search those post and move them back in there.
    Sorry, Ronbo... I edited that first post from the phone and I didn't realize the links disappeared (small Pre screen). I hope I didn't make alot of extra work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sorry, Ronbo... I edited that first post from the phone and I didn't realize the links disappeared (small Pre screen). I hope I didn't make alot of extra work for you.
    dbd ha ha you may end up on someones short list real quick doing stuff like that lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's alright. I can recover. No biggie, just try not to touch the first post from now on.
  7.    #67  
    It's alright. I can recover. No biggie, just try not to touch the first post from now on.
    Ok ok. No problem. Understood. Between being in a hurry, and doing that edit on this small screen.. ughh - chances of a clean edit went down the drain. Believe it or not, i do web design... But i never did forums. Now i know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I say we push sending PMs to volunteers and then post it into a thread afterwards. One on one sessions, I like it.
    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but some of the volunteers need to be pushed to PM. I like what you all had in mind here, but on most of the pages, more than half the replies are folks chatting or discussing thread administration.

Just throw my reply here on the pile with the rest of them.
    I would rather stay with this format. You cannot post and make a PM conversation show like it shows here. Besides on PM, its only one to one, where as if you have them here, if someone has a better idea, they could just post it in. The more, the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but some of the volunteers need to be pushed to PM. I like what you all had in mind here, but on most of the pages, more than half the replies are folks chatting or discussing thread administration.

Just throw my reply here on the pile with the rest of them.
    Only the chatting is left after the question was resolved or answered and I have moved the discussion to their on threads. Please read this first post.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/05/2009 at 01:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I do agree with you. My idea is that they'll turn into candid user guides. User has a problem, one of us answers it and everyone sees it.

The forum posts MUST stay. They are fun and interesting but we could have this and PMs. They could eleviate some of the threads made but also create some interesting ones with these PMs.

Thanks for the reply too.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Only the chatting is left after the question was resolved or answered and I have moved the discussion to their on threads. Please read lease read this first post.
    Yeah, I get that and I've been watching the thread 'cuz it's interesting. But all I can say is you are a remarkable admin, taking this on. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I say we push sending PMs to volunteers and then post it into a thread afterwards. One on one sessions, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Hi Tcub. Yeah, but that takes some of the fun of the conversations out of it, to me. Or the ability for different possible solutions to be posted for the original question. Just my opinion, though. What does everyone else think?
    I think forums are best because we still make mistakes. I know I have said some stuff wrong before and others have caught me. However, I don't see why both can't be implemented. There is nothing wrong with one on one and it should be well know that all of the volunteers here are willing to help via PMs as well as in the forums.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  13.    #73  
    I would rather stay with this format. You cannot post and make a PM conversation show like it shows here. Besides on PM, its only one to one, where as if you have them here, if someone has a better idea, they could just post it in. The more, the merrier.

Only the chatting is left after the question was resolved or answered and I have moved the discussion to their on threads. Please read this first post.
    I agree w/Ronbo.
    Tcub, ur idea's okay, but i prefer it the way it is now. People get to see our great personalities better this way. Besides, there is nothing stopping anybody from PM'ing us if they feel to do that too.
    BTW- Thank u, as always, for being a big help here.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/05/2009 at 05:00 AM.
    Problem, I tried to remove my patches and they weren't all there so I only could remove about 4 and there were a lot more. I figured I needed the webOS doctor so I did that? Backed up my data to the palm backup first though! I did the backup. reinstalled from Palm. After the Pre restarted I checked for updates and it wanted 1.3. installed (that is the SW version I started with), but I redid it anyway.

NOW all of my contact names are back in place but there all empty (no numbers or email addresses). all of the patches that were not recognized are gone and only a few extra apps? Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ride.safe View Post
    Problem, I tried to remove my patches and they weren't all there so I only could remove about 4 and there were a lot more. I figured I needed the webOS doctor so I did that? Backed up my data to the palm backup first though! I did the backup. reinstalled from Palm. After the Pre restarted I checked for updates and it wanted 1.3. installed (that is the SW version I started with), but I redid it anyway.

NOW all of my contact names are back in place but there all empty (no numbers or email addresses). all of the patches that were not recognized are gone and only a few extra apps? Any help?
    you need to call sprint and ask for palm tech. is all i can say . anyone else know how to get contacts back . there is a way to do it but im not positive on the procedure myself
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it goes something like this web doctor your phone and when it asks you to log into profile you put in a fake email then you update system to 1.3.1 and when it asks you to log into profile you put in the real email address to your profile and wala everything is there

by the way what do you ride???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    And then what about the password?
    It also asks if I want to creat a new profile?
    create new password first time and then the second time put in the correct info . i have not actually done this myself . but if you go ahead and call sprint and then ask for palm tech then you will find out exactly how and then post it back on here for everyonr that has similar trouble !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i got a question. Ive been trying to increase the gain for the headphones. i found the following link and tried it but its way to big of a boost. it raises it up by 12db. i was wondering if it was possible to just raise it by 3-6db.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lume-hack.html
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast