Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    I have turned the notification & system sounds ringer off but my phone is still ringing when I get a message or notification. This started occurring after updating to the most current update. Is there a patch to correct this problem or what can I do to get my phone to stop ringing?
    Hey helper team, I need help on this one. Perfecthorizon is having a hell of time getting homebrew/WOSQI/preware running.

Can you take a look at his thread and help him out. Thanks!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rustrated.html
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    this is aimed at you complex and I will look at that other one. For perfecthorizen ok

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Hey helper team, I need help on this one. Perfecthorizon is having a hell of time getting homebrew/WOSQI/preware running.

Can you take a look at his thread and help him out. Thanks!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rustrated.html
    that happened to me and I cleared cache and cookies and rebooted and it fixed me up complex
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by txcybermom View Post
    I have turned the notification & system sounds ringer off but my phone is still ringing when I get a message or notification. This started occurring after updating to the most current update. Is there a patch to correct this problem or what can I do to get my phone to stop ringing?
    do you mean that you have the physical silence switch turned on, or is this in the sound settings?
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by txcybermom View Post
    The switch at the top is set to vibrate, yes? Do you have any patches installed? If you do, did you remove them before updating your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is aimed at you complex and I will look at that other one. For perfecthorizen ok

that happened to me and I cleared cache and cookies and rebooted and it fixed me up complex
    You cleared cache and cookies on your pre or on your PC?

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    If you don't mind doctoring it, that will be the fastest way to fix things. It should fix your lag and I would just choose WOSQI or Preware for your patches. I personally use WOSQI now. I feel more in control when I use it for some reason, but that is just preference.

I am sorry but I don't know how to save your text messages if you doctor your pre. Anyone out there know how to do this?
    do i need to take anything off the phone before doctoring it, or can i just do it with all my patches and stuff installed? is this basically the same thing as a master reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
    do i need to take anything off the phone before doctoring it, or can i just do it with all my patches and stuff installed? is this basically the same thing as a master reset?
    It is a master reset. Just take off all of the data you don't want to loose. Any e-mail attachments on your pre will go, possibly photos and music, usb files, etc. So just do a quick check that you have everything valuable off your pre. You will also lose you high scores on games and such. Your memos and tasks should be saved with Palm.

App data will not be backed up, so if you are using checkbook or something similar, you will have to backup that data on your own.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    so if i just do the ##786# and put in the lock code, it's the same thing as webOS doctor? i worked for sprint and am very familiar with this process... and i did that to my pre about 2 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
    so if i just do the ##786# and put in the lock code, it's the same thing as webOS doctor? i worked for sprint and am very familiar with this process... and i did that to my pre about 2 weeks ago.
    As far as I know it is a little different. ##786# clears all of the data and puts the pre back to the point where it has no Palm Profile associated with the phone. However, this does nothing to the underlying OS, which is where I think you are having problems.

WebOS Doctor is like formating your pre and completely reinstalling a fresh, clean version of the OS. You want a clean install to remove all of the places where patches may have tweaked the OS in unplanned ways.

on my pre not the computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    get it fixed yet ????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just exchanged my Pre. I am trying to reload my apps and it looks as though the app catalog is not updated...it only has about 200 apps in it.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by curtissc View Post
    I just exchanged my Pre. I am trying to reload my apps and it looks as though the app catalog is not updated...it only has about 200 apps in it.

Suggestions?
    is the phone updated to 1.3.1 webos
    if so then just do a quick partial erase it should fix the problem
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I believe your App Catalog apps should be saved to your Palm Profile (except for any personal data those apps need). Did they not come back when you signed into your profile?
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    I believe your App Catalog apps should be saved to your Palm Profile (except for any personal data those apps need). Did they not come back when you signed into your profile?
    hes not seeing all the same apps that your seeing in the app catalog he only sees 200 where as we see a whole lot more lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is the phone updated to 1.3.1 webos
    if so then just do a quick partial erase it should fix the problem
    That did the trick! Thanks!
    is there a limit on the amount of photos that can be stored in the pre??6 gigs available.. everytime i take a new photo it deletes older ones...every new photo deletes one...
    try to drag and drop your photos into a different folder like into a miscellaneous file if you dont have one create it and then drag and drop. that should work for you but i have not tried this. although i have a folder thats named "miscellaneous" . as far as "is there a limit" i dont know of one but its a possibility . hope this helps !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  20. JW
    For google voice, must a contact call your GV number rather than your Sprint number so I can get visual voice mail?