Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    I would like to change the text messaging icon via preware. but I dont know where the messaging icon is located within the root.

does anyone know the file path to replace the icon?
    Download a theme that has it's own text icon to find where it's stored ??? That is what I would attempt , without searching for an easier method. But I do things like that , it makes sense in my head. LOL
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/10/2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    Hi,

I was sending an email using exchange today, and my pre just restarted. Has anyone seen this happen? Sorry if i'm posting something that's been discussed. I don't believe I have any patches installed anymore, but I do have a theme installed.

Thanks, Denise
    Does this happen a lot? Sometimes Luna (WebOS' GUI) messes up and will auto restart. If it is a one time thing I would just attribute it to something going run with Luna. If it starts happening with greater frequency we will probe more and get to the bottom of it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIowa View Post
    In my exchange account, when I try to move email to different folder it will not move and immediately return to the view screen. Any ideas what is/I'm doing wrong?
    Can you flag , mark as unread etc. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Does this happen a lot? Sometimes Luna (WebOS' GUI) messes up and will auto restart. If it is a one time thing I would just attribute it to something going run with Luna. If it starts happening with greater frequency we will probe more and get to the bottom of it.
    Thanks Dbd and Complex.. this was just the first time. It didn't save my email, I checked the drafts folder and sent folder. Luckily it was only a sentence :-).

I'll keep track of it and let you guys know if it keeps happening.

Thanks!!
    Denise
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    Thanks Dbd and Complex.. this was just the first time. It didn't save my email, I checked the drafts folder and sent folder. Luckily it was only a sentence :-).

I'll keep track of it and let you guys know if it keeps happening.

Thanks!!
    Denise
    You're welcome. We (or another helpful helper) will be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hi, Denise:

Well, if you want to be sure that your mail actually went out before the Pre restarted, check your sent mail folder and see if it's there. Hopefully, you save copies of sent mail automatically.
    I don't have any themes, patches, tweaks or homebrew but- I do know that my Pre has reset itself at least 9 or 10 times since 1.3.1 came out a month ago. Before that, it might have reset itself a total of 6 times since June. Hopefully, 1.3.5, due out by x-mas, will correct the issues that 1.3.1 created.
    well what's up danny , I do have some patches of course but I only had my pre cut off like that once when I put a bad battery in my phone . Other than that it has not done it . Thank God lol maybe there's a patch that interupts it ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by RBIowa View Post
    In my exchange account, when I try to move email to different folder it will not move and immediately return to the view screen. Any ideas what is/I'm doing wrong?
    I am using exchange and it is working fine for me to move emails. Do you have any patches installed?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Ok so I haven't seen a lot on this... my Pre lags... EVERYWHERE. in every blasted app, it lags and lags and lags. i open the phone and it's at least 5-10 seconds before my music app will respond (which doesn't sound like a long time, but feels like an eternity when my phone just started playing music in a classroom and i need it off NOW). trouble is, it's not just sometimes. it's all the time. it never feels snappy in any of the standard applications like music, phone, pictures, anything.

is this normal? if so... shame on Palm. if not... how can I fix it?

I have a number of patches on my phone, some little things and some bigger stuff. like blink notifications, battery percentage, on screen keyboard, etc. today i just added the smartreflex 500, but it hasn't affected anything.

maybe it's related... there are several patches i've tried to add with preware, but it comes up saying "patch not installed, see ipkg log"...

anyway, any help or feedback is appreciated. I love my pre, and if i can get this lagginess resolved, I'll be the happiest customer ever! thanks in advance
    !
    I have a slowly dying Treo 700p from Verizon. I am very happy with it except for the age with damaged features (for example, I can't check Call Log anymore without the phone crashing). I also have an issue since I quickly used up ALL the memory. I basically like Palm-OS. I want to keep all my 1000's of memos, calendar appointments, phone contacts and possibly even apps. Do you think this is reason enough to go to the Pre with Sprint? Ideally, I would like to stay with Verizon. Any comments?

Sincerely,
    JJSchwa
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
    Ok so I haven't seen a lot on this... my Pre lags... EVERYWHERE. in every blasted app, it lags and lags and lags. i open the phone and it's at least 5-10 seconds before my music app will respond (which doesn't sound like a long time, but feels like an eternity when my phone just started playing music in a classroom and i need it off NOW). trouble is, it's not just sometimes. it's all the time. it never feels snappy in any of the standard applications like music, phone, pictures, anything.

I have a number of patches on my phone, some little things and some bigger stuff. like blink notifications, battery percentage, on screen keyboard, etc. today i just added the smartreflex 500, but it hasn't affected anything.

maybe it's related... there are several patches i've tried to add with preware, but it comes up saying "patch not installed, see ipkg log"...

anyway, any help or feedback is appreciated. I love my pre, and if i can get this lagginess resolved, I'll be the happiest customer ever! thanks in advance
    !
    Gotta go right now, so maybe someone else will answer better, but EVERYBODY's Pre lags. The processor isn't being fully utilized yet, hopefully soon.
    GTGN
    Quote Originally Posted by JJSchwa View Post
    I have a slowly dying Treo 700p from Verizon. I am very happy with it except for the age with damaged features (for example, I can't check Call Log anymore without the phone crashing). I also have an issue since I quickly used up ALL the memory. I basically like Palm-OS. I want to keep all my 1000's of memos, calendar appointments, phone contacts and possibly even apps. Do you think this is reason enough to go to the Pre with Sprint? Ideally, I would like to stay with Verizon. Any comments?

Sincerely,
    JJSchwa
    Honestly if you would like to stay with Verizon I would maybe just wait until January of next year. The rumor is that the Pre will be coming to Verizon then. If it doesn't, I would at least expect there to be an announcement about it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i can understand a little bit of lag... but like, this is BAD lag. everything I try to do takes forever.

this is normal?

and you guys LIKE this phone with it like this ALL the time?

.................... it seems like it was better before 1.3.1... anyone else feel that way? I don't ever remember being this frustrated with it before, and i've had the phone for almost 3 months...

!
    Well...it sounds to me like you have a ton of background stuff going on in your Pre and it is lagging the crap out of it. Patches are not promised to make things faster.

Have you used WebOS QI and Preware to install patches? I did that a bit ago and it ended up screwing things up. I had patches I couldn't remove and things got messy. I would choose one program to install patches and stick with it.

Did you remove all of your patches and themes before installing the 1.3.1 update? If you didn't that could be the source of problems. The first thing I would do is run the EPR on WebOS QI. Clean off all of those patches and then see how things run. If patches are still left after you ran EPR then I think your OS might have been patched one too many times and things have gotten confused/messed up.

If you do have left over patches or the lag is not gone, I would strongly consider running the latest WebOS doctor. It is a really painless procedure. All you have to do is make a note of the Homebrew apps you have, and just make a backup copy of your USB files on your computer. Your Palm Profile will backup all of your info, your apps and from what it looked like to me, my photos and music.

Long story short, I think you have over patched things. My pre has been pretty snappy recently, with only moments of lag. I also just doctored my Pre a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Honestly if you would like to stay with Verizon I would maybe just wait until January of next year. The rumor is that the Pre will be coming to Verizon then. If it doesn't, I would at least expect there to be an announcement about it.
    +1

The Pre should be able to get most (if not all) of your data from your 700p. I believe there are instructions on the Palm website on how to do this.

If you like verizon, do what bpdamas suggests and wait until Jan. If you must switch now, get a Pre/Pixi and test it out for 30 days. If you don't like it return it. I will say this, if you switch to Sprint, you will end up saving some money on service.

!
    the first thing I would do in your position is run web is repair utility and see if it funds any bugs. Then check email trash folders and empty . Alot of people forget that deleted email goes to trash folders which slows the pre.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This thread is specifically to allow users to ask questions and for others to reply. Everything else off-topic has to be continually deleted by the moderators.

Right now, this one thread is causing a higher moderator workload than all of the other threads combined.

Please use Twitter to log what you are doing and where you are going.

Please use private messages to communicate with each other.

This thread may need to move to the tips and tricks forum since that is what it is. Will be back to you on that later.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/12/2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the first thing I would do in your position is run web is repair utility and see if it funds any bugs. Then check email trash folders and empty . Alot of people forget that deleted email goes to trash folders which slows the pre.

web OS repair utility? not sure what that is.

actually i didn't remove everything before updating. i removed all patches and stuff, but I didn't remove preware (was i supposed to?) and preware wouldn't work correctly after updating. I did a master reset on the phone, clearing everything off of it, and then reinstalled preware, and everything seems to be working (minus those patches with that ipkg log issue I mentioned before).

maybe i will go ahead and doctor it. It doesn't even really bother me if it clears off my music and stuff, I've got it all on my computer so when I plug it back in it'll just sync.

master pants, I did use webos QI to install a few things, and i've used preware to install the rest. this was primarily because it's way easier to use the checkboxes for the patches in QI when i was installing everything else. I guess the thing to do is just doctor it and start over. I'm not concerned about any of my apps... the only thing i dont' wanna lose is my text messages, but even that isn't a huge deal... i just want less lag!!!
    web OS repair utility? not sure what that is.

actually i didn't remove everything before updating. i removed all patches and stuff, but I didn't remove preware (was i supposed to?) and preware wouldn't work correctly after updating. I did a master reset on the phone, clearing everything off of it, and then reinstalled preware, and everything seems to be working (minus those patches with that ipkg log issue I mentioned before).

maybe i will go ahead and doctor it. It doesn't even really bother me if it clears off my music and stuff, I've got it all on my computer so when I plug it back in it'll just sync.

master pants, I did use webos QI to install a few things, and i've used preware to install the rest. this was primarily because it's way easier to use the checkboxes for the patches in QI when i was installing everything else. I guess the thing to do is just doctor it and start over. I'm not concerned about any of my apps... the only thing i dont' wanna lose is my text messages, but even that isn't a huge deal... i just want less lag!!!
    If you don't mind doctoring it, that will be the fastest way to fix things. It should fix your lag and I would just choose WOSQI or Preware for your patches. I personally use WOSQI now. I feel more in control when I use it for some reason, but that is just preference.

I am sorry but I don't know how to save your text messages if you doctor your pre. Anyone out there know how to do this?

please tell me how I can sync with lotus notes for cal and contacts.
    Ta.
    So, I got a question/problem for all of you.

For some reason, I can't download/install Twee Free onto my Pre. I can find it fine in the catalog, and it appears to download fine. However, after WebOS pauses for the second or two that it is installing the app, the catalog doesn't say "Tap to Launch," it says "Download again for free."

When I check my launcher page, Twee Free is no where to be found. I check my Phone info and what apps it believes are installed, but it doesn't see it either. Any thoughts?