Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aparsons View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...glist-pre.html - #80 on the bug list

I'm having this exact same issue and I'm highly irritated. Does anyone know of a fix???

I saw http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ersations.html but this really doesn't address my problem. I need to actually be able to SEE my conversations. I deleted because my phone was super slow and has been acting really buggy. I've done soft reboot twice now but no love. I'm ready to throw the thing out a window.
    got two thing you can try ; first is go into email folders and delete all email you don't really need double check trash folders since when you delete email that's where they go ,you actually have to empty that trash folder. Second you should run the webos repair utility to check for any glitches ,it will help in findind any memory leaks or whatever without delelting contacts or anything like that . Hope this helps ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjisagod View Post
    So I have been working on this for the past two days to no avail....
    I am tech savy to a point but losing my mind since i recently switched from mac to pc with not nearly as good of at dealing with pcs vs macs and my pre is in danger of being tossed at any moment. And i just got this phone so i would rather not break it.

I upgraded my itunes ( which i never use since I have a zune) and lost the ability to swap music off of my phone. Now I have tried the going into the hidden files method, syncing it with my windows media player and even the going into the song list and pushing them to the left to delete them.

The original songs that were taken off of itunes WILL NOT get off of this damn phone. i tried downgrading my itunes to get access back to it, but now it tells me itunes cant open since all the music is from a new version. I am tired, frustrated and alittle hungry. Can someone PLEASE help me out!!!!

I just wanna add some ryan bingham and death cab to my phone.. is that too much to ask?
    well if you want to delete music go into preware and into list of everything and then start typing internals . This app will allow you to view and delete music files .that have strange names but double click on any file in there and it will play , lol . And if you want to add more music just create a folder while in usb mode called music and drag and drop some music in to it and wa'la you have music folder on phone then when you bring up music player it should automatically pick up that music.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Put your phone in USB mode, not media sync, and drag over whatever you want.

To delete anything that iTunes put there, you can delete the entire iPod_Control folder, which may be hidden by default in Windows. You should be able to do a Google search to figure out how to show hidden folders on your version of Windows.
    hidden folders can be viewed and I think deleted with the internals app in preware.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by aparsons View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...glist-pre.html - #80 on the bug list

I'm having this exact same issue and I'm highly irritated. Does anyone know of a fix???

I saw http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ersations.html but this really doesn't address my problem. I need to actually be able to SEE my conversations. I deleted because my phone was super slow and has been acting really buggy. I've done soft reboot twice now but no love. I'm ready to throw the thing out a window.
    have you tried running the webos repair utility on your phone yet. It will fix bugs and stuff like that. It won't delete any personal files and it is good to do once in a while if your using any homebrew apps or patches.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    multiple times
    have you tried loading the original theme ? Or can you even do that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  6. GOM
    I would love to know how to search calendar entries to locate a specific entry.
    I use my calendar as an event log. I need to locate specific entries without knowing the date. Is there a way to do that? I use this functionality all the time on my Palm T|X.

thanks
    Ok I am relatively new to the Pre and am not as computer savvy as I thought. I want to put more smileys on my phone and the thread that tells me how to do that says I need to gain access to the Linux subsystem. Can anyone tell me how to gain access to the Linux subsystem sorry if this question was already asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOM View Post
    I would love to know how to search calendar entries to locate a specific entry.
    I use my calendar as an event log. I need to locate specific entries without knowing the date. Is there a way to do that? I use this functionality all the time on my Palm T|X.

thanks
    I do not know if the pre currently does this but you could start a thread in the patches and apps forum asking if it can be done or if there is cuenntly a way to do this.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    This is a Sprint function. What you are describing is conditional call forwarding (no answer/busy line). Use *28 plus the number being forwarded to, to enable, from your Pre.

Sprint charges $.20 for immediate call forwarding. There is supposed to be no charge for conditional call forwarding now.
    I'm not on Sprint but O2 (UK), in my previous phone (Ericsson W800i) I had this as a menu option, I don't suppose the *28 works other than with Sprint .. I wonder if there is an O2 equivalent ?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Since I ditched my Blackberry in June I've used my Pre as an alarm clock - just as I did with the BB.

It was working fine until about three days ago, now the daily 6:00 a.m. alarm won't ring.

Phone is completely standard - no homebrew, no ringtones, etc. and I'm using one of the Palm alert sounds.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the alarm, deleting resetting, then re-adding, changing the time by a few minutes, etc. No 6:00 a.m. alarm.

Test alarms for other times of the day do ring.

What the heck? I need this to be reliable.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    Well, that was not a good assumption for me to have made! Sorry.

I'd guess that O2 customer support might be able to say if there is an equivalent or not.

If you find out, it might be good to post your findings so others can know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    I'm not on Sprint but O2 (UK), in my previous phone (Ericsson W800i) I had this as a menu option, I don't suppose the *28 works other than with Sprint .. I wonder if there is an O2 equivalent ?
    I ♥ my Pre.
    well first try deleteing the alarm and rebooting phone then add the alarm again and have a backup just in case . aid that does not fix I would run webos repair utility and see if it funds the glitch . And lastly a partial reset may fix this for you . You should also every once in a while open the device info app on your phone and swipe down top left and do the quick tests and interactive tests just for the heck of it . Hope this helps
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Since I ditched my Blackberry in June I've used my Pre as an alarm clock - just as I did with the BB.

It was working fine until about three days ago, now the daily 6:00 a.m. alarm won't ring.

Phone is completely standard - no homebrew, no ringtones, etc. and I'm using one of the Palm alert sounds.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the alarm, deleting resetting, then re-adding, changing the time by a few minutes, etc. No 6:00 a.m. alarm.

Test alarms for other times of the day do ring.

What the heck? I need this to be reliable.
    I have had this same problem with my phone I had to add multiple alarms. I would like to know what the main problem is as well though.
    Nobody knows how to gain access to the Linux Subsystem?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Well, that was not a good assumption for me to have made! Sorry.

I'd guess that O2 customer support might be able to say if there is an equivalent or not.

If you find out, it might be good to post your findings so others can know too.
    Thanks McKathryn, you put me in the right direction to look for 'codes', Found .. on Wiki ..

For GSM phones ..
    Forward if not answered ..*61* forward number #
    To cancel .. ##61# ; To cancel but retain number #61# ; Reactivate .. *61*# ; Status *#61#

Other 'Forwarding codes ..
    If Busy .. *67* forward number #
    If Out of Reach .. *62* forward number #

I've tested this on my O2 GSM Pre and it works, a quick way of doing it rather than remembering what to type in would be to create short cuts with the numbers into your Contacts , and even create an icon for On and OFF and put it in the Touchscreen area.
    When I try to install some applications and patches via Preware download, I frequently get the message "Error Installing: See IPKG Log". Can anyone help out with this? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i had quite the day yesterday and a lot of it started with my pre and now i have some questions but first let me tell you what happened:

on my way to work i received a call which lasted about 5 min, i ended the call and sat it in my cup holder. less than 30 seconds later i had a message notification *da-ding* but it kept doing it consecutavely like it was hiccupping, by the third one i picked it up and slid it open and a four inch green and purple flame shot out from the space between the volume buttons and the screen slider i kidd you not. it melted the volume button along that edge and left a burn on the side of the screen where it slides up and is next to the volume control. more to my surprise the phone was still on, after not almost wreaking i quickly pulled over and removed the back and battery an drove straight to sprint. they of course had no explanation but gave me a brand new phone, not refurbashed and a credit on my account for the zag screen protector i had on it. and this is where i have all my questions:

besides the palm profile i have four other contact profiles, (yahoo, google, facebook, and exchange) on my new phone under contacts i now have double listings for everyone, but it wont let me even look at the first one for each person, i click on it it pops open for a split second then goes back to the full contact list nor will it allow me to sync it to its 'twin', how do i fix this?

also when this site lists new apps and updates how come when i go through the update icon it only lists a couple of the updates available when i have more apps on the list to be updated, if i go to the app catalog and scroll through i can see (the orange down arrow) updates for apps i have but still not all (i.e. i have the express horoscope app, according to app update list posted today there is an update available but it doesn't show up in either of the methods i used above).

i have the quest app game, i do not have it on facebook, after going through the profile upload to my new phone the app is there but when i access it it does not have my game profile, is that it then, gone? i also purchased and downloaded the 50 gem pack for this on my last pre, i never deleted the icon do i need to keep it?

thank you in advance.
    anyone know if the following are actually going to come to the pre:

unlocked GPU
    visual voicemail
    video camera
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    anyone know if the following are actually going to come to the pre:

unlocked GPU
    visual voicemail
    video camera
    they will all be available soon if not already
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Try going to the app in the app store and see if you can't reinstall again for free.

If not, give Palm a call.

Crazy story with your phone flaming.