Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieRodriguez View Post
    Hello all, fairly new owner here trying to do all the fancy stuff that's on this great site!! however, i've recently encountered a problem i dont know how to get rid of. i've been searching the forums for answers and either no one is having this same issue or (which is more likely the case) i dont know how to search for answers.
    Anywho!,
    i have 2 seperate partial themes installed on my Pre and my Pre recognizes this as my default settings. i tried installing the themes again and un-intalling them cuz i read somewhere that worked, but didnt. I'm currently trying to run the Webos Repair Utility and i keep getting 2 erros. ERROR 3: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT AND ERROR 5: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT.
    Any advise on how to remedy these error's or even better another way to be able to set my theme to the default setting? and no i dont want to downloand the default setting theme
    well after checking dev. mode is on try fist rebooting both phone and computer. After that make sure you install novacom driver again . Then try running repair utility .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My Pre seems only to have basic Call Forwarding (On or Off) but I want to forward a call (to my car phone for instance) only if I don't answer the Pre, can it not do this ? or is there an App/Patch to enable this ?
    I sometimes visit websites that I need to log into .. like PreCentral for instance, Can the Pre save Username/Passwords so that the Password is automatically entered into the password field once the Username has been entered at Log-in ? ... like Windows does on the PC. Is there an App/Patch to do this ?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    In my exchange account, when I try to move email to different folder it will not move and immediately return to the view screen. Any ideas what is/I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    I managed to put the wallpaper somewhere else... and a patch to use that location.

I guess my only problem now is that when uploading to prethemer, the file loses its ability to download the required patch and send the correct file.
    Not sure how to help you with that. I personally have no experience with prethemer, and I'd say this is well beyond the scope of the type of help envisioned in this thread.

Have you tried asking for help here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-themes/ ?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    I sometimes visit websites that I need to log into .. like PreCentral for instance, Can the Pre save Username/Passwords so that the Password is automatically entered into the password field once the Username has been entered at Log-in ? ... like Windows does on the PC. Is there an App/Patch to do this ?
    There are apps, that will store info for you so you can quickly cut an paste. However, the Pre browser will not store passwords for you like the browsers you will get on an actual computer. The Pre's browser does use cookies, so if a site gives you the option to remember you, check that box and the web browser will auto log you in.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    all you have to do is hit the remember me button most web sites have . on precentral I do this and it remembers me! So try it out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #228  
    Since you guys have been doing a helluva lot better than me at helping people, i have a question too.
    Regarding the ActiveCard App: Anybody have any idea how often the news feed refreshes while minimized?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Since you guys have been doing a helluva lot better than me at helping people, i have a question too.
    Regarding the ActiveCard App: Anybody have any idea how often the news feed refreshes while minimized?
    i haven't not used it but if you know where it pulls its news feeds from you can test it against that
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    i haven't not used it but if you know where it pulls its news feeds from you can test it against that
    Ok. (It's yahoo's, via AP)
    Thanx, tejoe.
    Hi,

I recently posted a 'request' for a patch hopefully in the correct forum. It seems that several people have read the request but no one has made one comment.

I'm just curious if I did not explain what I needed clearly enough or maybe it's not possible to do. And if it's not possible to do, then I would like someone to just at least state that.

Can someone here please read my post and if I have not clearly stated what it is that I am requesting to let me know and I will alter it to make better sense.

Here is the link to the posting:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lt-search.html

And for those you that don't want to read it, in short I am looking for a way to do a group message delete.

I get messages from a website on several times a day, it's not spam, but sometimes it can be alot of messages.

To find all those messages, I just typing in the name of 'from person' in the ALL INBOX, and the Pre searches and finds all the messages. But to delete all of the messages I would have to swipe each message individually, much too long a process.

And the patch that can do a 'Delete All' will delete all message in a particular folder or Inbox completely. If I try to do that with my searched group of message, it wants to delete everything out of the Inbox, not just what I searched for and are being displayed.

If this is a good idea, I would like to know how to maybe get a developer to make this kind of patch. Did I post it in the wrong area?

Thanks for any opinions on this.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I never looked at this app, but I am using Newsroom and it's great! Check that out as well. And you can read this stuff off-line!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

This is a Sprint function. What you are describing is conditional call forwarding (no answer/busy line). Use *28 plus the number being forwarded to, to enable, from your Pre.

Sprint charges $.20 for immediate call forwarding. There is supposed to be no charge for conditional call forwarding now.

My Pre seems only to have basic Call Forwarding (On or Off) but I want to forward a call (to my car phone for instance) only if I don't answer the Pre, can it not do this ? or is there an App/Patch to enable this ?
    Last edited by McKathryn; 12/09/2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add .
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

I recently posted a 'request' for a patch hopefully in the correct forum. It seems that several people have read the request but no one has made one comment.
    Rob
    <----just to shorten it a bit \
    yes thats a valid request and currently possible i would think all a patch writer would have to do is move the delete all patch to the search scene and change some calls
    <----just to shorten it a bit \
    yes thats a valid request and currently possible i would think all a patch writer would have to do is move the delete all patch to the search scene and change some calls
    Nothing wrong with your request, but remember the patchers are doing all of this out of the goodness of their hearts, so sometimes it can take a bit for requests to bear fruit.

If you want something done faster, see if you can get a bunch of people together and donate some money to a patcher to get it working for you.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    @rlanza1054---------open messenging app it should have one by one each individual convo like so----if you look closely i get messages from yahoo weather well they all just end up in the same convo so when in this view just swipe sideways and hit delete button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...glist-pre.html - #80 on the bug list
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    80. I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text and old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture.
    I'm having this exact same issue and I'm highly irritated. Does anyone know of a fix???

I saw http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ersations.html but this really doesn't address my problem. I need to actually be able to SEE my conversations. I deleted because my phone was super slow and has been acting really buggy. I've done soft reboot twice now but no love. I'm ready to throw the thing out a window.
    So I have been working on this for the past two days to no avail....
    I am tech savy to a point but losing my mind since i recently switched from mac to pc with not nearly as good of at dealing with pcs vs macs and my pre is in danger of being tossed at any moment. And i just got this phone so i would rather not break it.

I upgraded my itunes ( which i never use since I have a zune) and lost the ability to swap music off of my phone. Now I have tried the going into the hidden files method, syncing it with my windows media player and even the going into the song list and pushing them to the left to delete them.

The original songs that were taken off of itunes WILL NOT get off of this damn phone. i tried downgrading my itunes to get access back to it, but now it tells me itunes cant open since all the music is from a new version. I am tired, frustrated and alittle hungry. Can someone PLEASE help me out!!!!

I just wanna add some ryan bingham and death cab to my phone.. is that too much to ask?
    Put your phone in USB mode, not media sync, and drag over whatever you want.

To delete anything that iTunes put there, you can delete the entire iPod_Control folder, which may be hidden by default in Windows. You should be able to do a Google search to figure out how to show hidden folders on your version of Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Not sure how to help you with that. I personally have no experience with prethemer, and I'd say this is well beyond the scope of the type of help envisioned in this thread.

Have you tried asking for help here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-themes/ ?
    multiple times