Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    i already threw the thing in the trash! im going to sprint to by a new charger today. thanks for your help, at least i dont have to reach into the back of my memory to my high school spanish course for the rest of the day. thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangolfpro View Post
    Just wondering if it is possible to change a photo on the pre from a landscape to a portrait? It sucks when you are scrolling through photos and when a landscape comes up you move the phone to see it and then it flips on you.
    There are no photo editing options on the pre in its current form,but a quick,not so quick, solution would be to transfer the photos to you computer change the orientation there then put them back on your pre
    Last edited by tejoe; 12/08/2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: sloppy
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chs117 View Post
    I used data transfer assistant to transfer from outlook to plam, and guess what folks, I have multiple entries of same events and contacts. How can I start again?
    what do you want to do erase and try again or delete the dupes?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz1k View Post
    Anyone else hear loud static when they make a phone call with their Pre? It's the weirdest thing, sometimes it stops after a few seconds.

I've had this phone since July and it's worked great, no problems. It just started out of the blue.

Just wondering before I take it into the sprint store.
    that could be 2 things one is radio interference
    where does this normally occur when your in kitchen,bedroom,ect?

the second would be a network thing
    how many bars do you normally receive and does this happen with certain people or everybody?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    has anyone used the plantronics p590 bluetooth headset (dual earpieces - over the head) with the pre?
    thanks
    i guess you are looking for a review of the product
    here:http://www.wmexperts.com/review-plan...reo-headphones
    i haven't personally tried them yet so i can't give you user feedback
    Hey all,
    Just bought my new Pre tonight.

I was looking through Device info and noticed the NAI. For personal reasons, I'd prefer to change the name they used there as part of the address. Can I do it myself?

Thanks!
    How do I get all my itunes music onto my Pre without having to manually drag and drop every mp3 file one by one?
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    How do I get all my itunes music onto my Pre without having to manually drag and drop every mp3 file one by one?
    if you have iTunes 8.2.1.6 version it still works, else you will have to find an older download to use and sync
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    after installing webosdoctor my phone will no longer go into usb mode it goes straight into charge only mode....long story short i can no longer connect mi phone to the computer. can some one please help me resolve this issue?
    @jdogg2cb---------hook up phone to the computer start web doctor and pull battery out.now holding the volume up button replace battery and keep holding the up button until a big usb symbol appears then your ready to run the doctor hope thid helps
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    K. still having problems. what is the exact destination of the media/internal/wallpapers folder?

ive tried adding /usr/ in front of it...
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    K. still having problems. what is the exact destination of the media/internal/wallpapers folder?

We didn't forget about you, anaglich. I'm just waiting for somebody that would know that answer better than i, to show up. It shouldn't take much longer, ok?
    Hello all, fairly new owner here trying to do all the fancy stuff that's on this great site!! however, i've recently encountered a problem i dont know how to get rid of. i've been searching the forums for answers and either no one is having this same issue or (which is more likely the case) i dont know how to search for answers.
    Anywho!,
    i have 2 seperate partial themes installed on my Pre and my Pre recognizes this as my default settings. i tried installing the themes again and un-intalling them cuz i read somewhere that worked, but didnt. I'm currently trying to run the Webos Repair Utility and i keep getting 2 erros. ERROR 3: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT AND ERROR 5: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT.
    Any advise on how to remedy these error's or even better another way to be able to set my theme to the default setting? and no i dont want to downloand the default setting theme
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    We didn't forget about you, anaglich. I'm just waiting for somebody that would know that answer better than i, to show up. It shouldn't take much longer, ok?
    yeah. Ive been toying with this for many days and can't figure it out. getting really stressed.

I will post exactly what im trying to see if we can fix this up:

Using Theme Builder,
    I upload a png file, I simply want to send this file to the wallpapers file in the media drive so that mcracers patch applies this wallpaper to the background of the messaging app.

Problem is, I don't know the exact place to send this file. everything i try comes back and says it doesnt exist or is omitting the send file request.
    Is there a way to share notes with other pre owners? For instance, a way to maintain a shopping list between me and my wife from our respective pres? A google wave or outlook type of thing, I know, but something more implemented within the pre? Something not so complicated my wife wouldnt shy away from using it regularly.

Should be /media/internal/wallpapers.

The entire USB drive portion is under /media/internal.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieRodriguez View Post
    Hello all, fairly new owner here trying to do all the fancy stuff that's on this great site!! however, i've recently encountered a problem i dont know how to get rid of. i've been searching the forums for answers and either no one is having this same issue or (which is more likely the case) i dont know how to search for answers.
    Anywho!,
    i have 2 seperate partial themes installed on my Pre and my Pre recognizes this as my default settings. i tried installing the themes again and un-intalling them cuz i read somewhere that worked, but didnt. I'm currently trying to run the Webos Repair Utility and i keep getting 2 erros. ERROR 3: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT AND ERROR 5: CONNECTION REFUSED: CONNECT.
    Any advise on how to remedy these error's or even better another way to be able to set my theme to the default setting? and no i dont want to downloand the default setting theme
    Sounds like the repair utility is having trouble connecting with your Pre. Is your Pre in developer mode?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't work thanks though.
    Alright, well, let's review. Can you describe the method you're using to get this file in the /media/internal/wallpapers folder? Of course, the easiest way is to plug your Pre into your computer, put your Pre in USB mode, and drag the file.

Have you tried this method?

Another thought, I have the feeling you're running into a permissions issue. You could try moving the file into /var/home/root (with whatever you're currently using), and then moving the file from terminal with the mv command, eg mv /var/home/root/file.png /media/internal/wallpapers.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 12/08/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    yeah. Ive been toying with this for many days and can't figure it out. getting really stressed.

I will post exactly what im trying to see if we can fix this up:

Using Theme Builder,
    I upload a png file, I simply want to send this file to the wallpapers file in the media drive so that mcracers patch applies this wallpaper to the background of the messaging app.

Problem is, I don't know the exact place to send this file. everything i try comes back and says it doesnt exist or is omitting the send file request.
    what method are you using to try to access the wallpaper directory?
    I managed to put the wallpaper somewhere else... and a patch to use that location.

I guess my only problem now is that when uploading to prethemer, the file loses its ability to download the required patch and send the correct file.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast