Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Some appointment notifications are triggered 1 hour too early. I can't seem to identify a pattern. It doesn't matter which timezone I am in when the appointment is created or when the notification is triggered. Sometimes they are on time, sometimes they are too early. I've seen this behavior with some recurring notifications and some one time notifications.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPalm View Post
    Ok my other thread got mis understood and moved.

Here is the issue: I have a Palm Pre

I had my employee's work email with all my contacts on it. Over 400 !.. i now do not have access to this account unless I am at work. Therefore I need to remove the account but want to keep my contacts in it that it sync's threw OWA.

How can I do this. Every now and again the Account asks me to update my password, but I cant access it no more for I had went from salaried to hourly which removes my access to the account except when at work.

Basically I would like to make all my OWA contacts now PALM PROFILE Contacts so that when I remove the account it doesnt take all my contacts with it.

Anyone have a answer or solution. ?>
    It's not free, but CompanionLink will likely do what you want. I created used it to sync to Google in much the same situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyclancy View Post
    I'm having trouble installing new applications on my phone through both the App Catalog and Filecoaster. In both applications it keeps telling me I don't have enough memory to download the application, however I've deleted a bunch of applications and only have a few small ones left (8 to be exact and none more than 2mb) and it still gives me an error message. Can anyone help?
    I can't say for sure if this will work, but try connecting the Pre as a USB device. There are several databases that this updates, and it might help. (I've never had the out of space issue, so I don't know for sure on this one).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I can't say for sure if this will work, but try connecting the Pre as a USB device. There are several databases that this updates, and it might help. (I've never had the out of space issue, so I don't know for sure on this one).
    Search terminal and mvapp......... good stuff
    --------> http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    I posted this a thread about this, but this might be the place to ask. I got my replacement pre today. I have updated it to 1.3.1, and I live in the US, but the app catalog is only showing 196 apps. I noticed a few of the apps didn't transfer to the new phone. One of which is pandora and the facebook app. They are not int catalog either. Any ideas of how I can fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by stepintothefreezer View Post
    I posted this a thread about this, but this might be the place to ask. I got my replacement pre today. I have updated it to 1.3.1, and I live in the US, but the app catalog is only showing 196 apps. I noticed a few of the apps didn't transfer to the new phone. One of which is pandora and the facebook app. They are not int catalog either. Any ideas of how I can fix this?
    If you go to the first post in this thread, there is a link to the fix for this issue. If I could figure out how to post a link, I'd put it here for you, but I represent the average Pre user for a reason...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Hey mates, messing with theme building, and I was wondering how can I get an .xml file to send a file to a certain destination...

Can this work?

Adam

UPDATE: got it.
    Last edited by anaglich; 12/08/2009 at 01:23 AM.
    I know that it's been discussed before and I've read many threads about what to use. Just tonight I've tried 5 different ripping software titles and the only one that actually didnt freeze up was handbrake. I tried to encode (Star trek X, GI Joe)but the video is very choppy. I've encoded 3 times with no success of clear video and audio. Does anyone know the exact settings for Handbrake 0.9.4? All the other software i tried either don't work at all or want you to pay 30 bucks (etc) for use....and there is no promise that it will work. Any help is appreciated..

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Search terminal and mvapp......... good stuff
    --------> http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    Oh yeah, I'm a long time user (which is why I've never had this problem); however, the person that asked should be able to download without using this. There's some reason his device isn't recognizing what was deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    Hey mates, messing with theme building, and I was wondering how can I get an .xml file to send a file to a certain destination...

Can this work?

Adam

UPDATE: got it.
    Glad we could help :P

Feel free to stop by again to ask another question or just to hang out.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPalm View Post
    Ok my other thread got mis understood and moved.

Here is the issue: I have a Palm Pre

I had my employee's work email with all my contacts on it. Over 400 !.. i now do not have access to this account unless I am at work. Therefore I need to remove the account but want to keep my contacts in it that it sync's threw OWA.

How can I do this. Every now and again the Account asks me to update my password, but I cant access it no more for I had went from salaried to hourly which removes my access to the account except when at work.

Basically I would like to make all my OWA contacts now PALM PROFILE Contacts so that when I remove the account it doesnt take all my contacts with it.

Anyone have a answer or solution. ?>
    see if you can download your contacts to a csv file then add them to google
    @tommyclancy ----do you have lots of email? Check your email trash folders and empty them if you have them and you should . This is one cause for this issue. You could also run the webos repair utility to see if it finds any glitches that need to be fixed as well. Then there is always the interactive tests you can run that just does some basic tests on software. They are located in the device info app dropdown menu .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I know that it's been discussed before and I've read many threads about what to use. Just tonight I've tried 5 different ripping software titles and the only one that actually didnt freeze up was handbrake. I tried to encode (Star trek X, GI Joe)but the video is very choppy. I've encoded 3 times with no success of clear video and audio. Does anyone know the exact settings for Handbrake 0.9.4? All the other software i tried either don't work at all or want you to pay 30 bucks (etc) for use....and there is no promise that it will work. Any help is appreciated..

IGO
    Try using the preset for iPhone and iPod Touch. This preset setting seems to work most times.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Try using the preset for iPhone and iPod Touch. This preset setting seems to work most times.
    Thanks for the reply....but...been there ...done that.... 4 TIMES!!!!!!!!...next suggestion???.....since my post was moved I was suprised that it even got 1 answer....LOL.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    answer my question please...

first let me explain that i bought a charger for the phone from wal-mart last night because i needed one asap. when i got home and plugged the phone in, the touch screen function went crazy. it looked like a thousand fingers were touching the screen, it was possessed. tons of apps came up and random phone numbers started dialing. so i turned the phone off to charge it. well, i woke up to a mess. my phone is in spanish i believe. so i translated the best i could and realized that it wanted me to log into my profile, it would not let me do anything else other than make an emergency call. so i entered my email and password. after several minutes the phone restarted, and i have a lovely reset phone - none of my music, photos, apps, NOTHING!! its all gone. at least i have my contacts. i can live with with this, but i cannot continue to translate.. i need english! if anyone can explain to me what happened..or at least how to reset the language, it would be so much help. thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdav View Post

first let me explain that i bought a charger for the phone from wal-mart last night because i needed one asap. when i got home and plugged the phone in, the touch screen function went crazy. it looked like a thousand fingers were touching the screen, it was possessed. tons of apps came up and random phone numbers started dialing. so i turned the phone off to charge it. well, i woke up to a mess. my phone is in spanish i believe. so i translated the best i could and realized that it wanted me to log into my profile, it would not let me do anything else other than make an emergency call. so i entered my email and password. after several minutes the phone restarted, and i have a lovely reset phone - none of my music, photos, apps, NOTHING!! its all gone. at least i have my contacts. i can live with with this, but i cannot continue to translate.. i need english! if anyone can explain to me what happened..or at least how to reset the language, it would be so much help. thanks!!
    Master Po say cheap Chinese sub standard equipment sent too much or not enough juice...........Read this .....Start at the top work your way to the bottom....post your results..THX
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre

.................................................................................................... .........................
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/08/2009 at 09:39 AM.
    What format should videos be in to look the best on the Pre? I converted an mp4 (that wouldn't play on the Pre) using Videora Pre converter but I got green lines on the screen when playing back the video (on top of the video).
    Quote Originally Posted by denise1768 View Post
    Interesting, so I ran the EPR, and when I perform the screen shot, it works fine. I wonder what could have caused it. I guess running patches can cause the pre to act funny?

Thanks for your help! :-)
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by kdav View Post

first let me explain that i bought a charger for the phone from wal-mart last night because i needed one asap. when i got home and plugged the phone in, the touch screen function went crazy. it looked like a thousand fingers were touching the screen, it was possessed. -------------- but i cannot continue to translate.. i need english! if anyone can explain to me what happened..or at least how to reset the language, it would be so much help. thanks!!
    While I agree with ColAngus.. Re: the charger, i would say that a less drastic fix for the language should be attempted first.

So as to why this happened I could not say for sure. one posibility is that if you have a non OEM charger for the pre it somehow messed things up. perhaps physically it put pressure somewhere that tricked the screen. perhaps the voltages were off, perhaps a pin in the micro-usb is askew, i don't know. I could easily argue against any hypothesis i could think of (including those listed)

anyway what i do know is that if you navigate to the last page of the launcher and hit the globe with "configuracion regional" and then hit the button right under "idioma" a list of two language choices will pop up, you can select English.

if all is right with the world, your pre will ask for conformation (yes) and then reset in the english lanquage (just a power on off, not a data reset mind you)

hopefully that works.

If i were you, i would avoid that new charger until i had my pre in a state where i didn't care if this happened again, and then test it out to see if it might have been the cause.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Thanks for the reply....but...been there ...done that.... 4 TIMES!!!!!!!!...next suggestion???.....since my post was moved I was suprised that it even got 1 answer....LOL.
    It could be that it is trying to create a file that is too large. Try limiting the file size to 700 mb or so and see if that helps. So, select the same option but then limit the video file size to 700 mb.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast