1.    #1  
    The app catalog is supposed to go full scale in December. There are currently 499 apps. Perhaps the beta tag comes off with number 500? Perhaps number 500 is an awesome app worthy of the milestone?
    Uh no,

I dont see the beta flag removed anytime soon, not till the issues are worked out with eCommerce. Does the the beta flag really bother you??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Uh no,

I dont see the beta flag removed anytime soon, not till the issues are worked out with eCommerce. Does the the beta flag really bother you??
    Does not bother me at all. Just thought it would be a cool thing to pull off with number 500. I realize there are still several issues that need worked out and would much rather have them resolved first.
    As long as the app catalog works, you can call it delta for all I care. I don't think there will be a specific number where they will consider the catalog a non-beta. I think Palm will remove the beta tag when they feel like it.
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing about app #500. It could certainly be merely coincidence that Palm release #499 on November 30, but boy--what a coincidence.

I'm going to guess, just for kicks: the infamous video/audio recording app will be #500, whether or not the App Catalog comes out of beta first.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    That would certainly be cool
    Google GMail was in Beta for years. Still worked fine for everyone.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm going to guess, just for kicks: the infamous video/audio recording app will be #500, whether or not the App Catalog comes out of beta first.
    i dont think we should have to purchase an app for something that should be included with the phone in the first place. i think it should be in an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i dont think we should have to purchase an app for something that should be included with the phone in the first place. i think it should be in an upgrade.
    You know, there _are_ free apps in the App Catalog... Personally, I don't care if I get the app via an update, or via an app. Do you?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10.    #10  
    And the 500th app is....space alarm.
    I bet the app limit goes away when the catalog comes out of beta
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    app catalog needs a lot of work before it gets out of beta.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sha9dow View Post
    I bet the app limit goes away when the catalog comes out of beta
    sounding like it may with 1.35.