Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just updated my German QWERTZ Palm Pre GSM to Firmware 1.3.1 and now I cannot access the App Catalog. It only says: App Catalog Unavailable. Try again later..

But all I do is try. I want to download applications for Twitter etc. Without them the phone is no fun What should I do?

- RasmusJV, Denmark
    Getting the same error. Maybe they are just down?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    it been down for me since this morning..
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    works for me, 2 new applications added today. i see 66 applications, all free. german pre used in romania with vodafone, 1.3.1 firmware
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balenax View Post
    works for me, 2 new applications added today. i see 66 applications, all free. german pre used in romania with vodafone, 1.3.1 firmware
    How have you activated your phone? With o2/vodaphone simcard or your local telecompany's simcard?

- RasmusJV
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm in the states and it seems as if the app. cat. is down. I had just installed mvapp to clear up some space and when i went to d/l from the app. cat. it displayed a screen saying it was unavailable?!?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Darn, so it's worldwide. Hmm, maybe Palm should get their a**es together and fix this "major issue", else I think I will ditch the phone, sell it and move on to Motorola Droid instead

- RasmusJV
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmusjv View Post
    Hi,

I just updated my German QWERTZ Palm Pre GSM to Firmware 1.3.1 and now I cannot access the App Catalog. It only says: App Catalog Unavailable. Try again later..

But all I do is try. I want to download applications for Twitter etc. Without them the phone is no fun What should I do?

- RasmusJV, Denmark
    Its blocked by Palm, for some reason it doesnt matter that our phones were sold as unlocked. So unless you live in any of the o2/telefonica countries the access is blocked.

The terms of use that you get to sign after upgrading to 1.3.1 also states that Palm got the option to deny use of the app catalog. Might have been there before the upgrade too but atleast that what it says.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Its blocked by Palm, for some reason it doesnt matter that our phones were sold as unlocked. So unless you live in any of the o2/telefonica countries the access is blocked.

The terms of use that you get to sign after upgrading to 1.3.1 also states that Palm got the option to deny use of the app catalog. Might have been there before the upgrade too but atleast that what it says.
    Think they're worse than Apple. Denying access to people not in the official country? Man that's just plain stupid. Why not give us access to free apps at least? C'mon Palm, be gentle and open minded, no wonder why I shouldn't have baught this device in the firstemmig place

- RasmusJV
    No longer down, but I went to download an app, and it says "Downloading," but nothing's happening. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmusjv View Post
    How have you activated your phone? With o2/vodaphone simcard or your local telecompany's simcard?

- RasmusJV
    i activated the phone without any problem with my vodafone ( vodafone romania, so local telecompany) sim card, but only after i updated to 1.3.1 . i could manually edit the data configuration at the activation screen and all worked out flawleslly. before upgrading, the phone didnt even recognised my sim card!
    The Palm App Catalog is back up! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
    But is anyone getting downloads to actually work? I'm just getting a "downloading" bar that never moves.
    Mine is working. Just downloaded the Visual Voicemail app with no issue.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Still not available here (German Pre in the Netherlands)
    All good now...just took a while to get up and running again.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Not running at all Anyone who wants to buy a Pre?

- RasmusJV
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    <--- Its still down here (Sweden)

Would be nice if you could add your location instead of just saying that its working. After all Palm seems to have blocked it based on location so it would be interesting know where its working.

tomi666: Are you talking of hacking the phone to run 1.1.3 App Catalog or some other tweak? At the moment I dont need any apps so im fine, just sad that its blocked for some but I guess that must be sorted soon. I mean they cant lauch it to the rest of Europe without a App Catalog, can they?
    Last edited by Andreas; 12/02/2009 at 03:41 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yes. Hmm, I think I will sell mine Pre and get an Android device, because without any apps, the phone is a dead ringer

Down in Denmark @ TDC Network.

- RasmusJV
    unlocked german gsm on 1.3.1 on bouygues telecom activated with bouyguest Tel sim card in France.

No access to app cat. sniff..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast