1.    #1  
    I have been a long time Palm user 10+ years and currently have the Treo 680.

Been waiting for the Pre but have held back given lack of apps issue, awaiting software updates etc. However, for the first time I have started seriously getting an iPhone.

No I can';t believe it either. Never thought I would say that. No build problems, plenty of apps, ereader, Splash Id with desktop, tube apps. Can get 32gb which means I can ditch the separate ipod and have all music as well. Pre doesn't sync to itunes any more.

The only downside I can see to the iphone is that it has a virtual keyboard and being deaf and texting a lot is why I've always gone for a qwerty hard keyboard.

Can anyone else copnvince me why I should still wait and persevere for a Pre in the UK?
    No need to wait...the Pre is available now in the UK.

However it seems like the number and verity of apps are very important to you. For that the iPhone certainly has the nod at the moment.

As far as the keyboards go.....try them out for yourself at your local wireless store and see what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No need to wait...the Pre is available now in the UK.

However it seems like the number and verity of apps are very important to you. For that the iPhone certainly has the nod at the moment.

As far as the keyboards go.....try them out for yourself at your local wireless store and see what you like.
    We don't have wireless stores here in the uk (and if we did they would sell big old radios with valves), just mobile phone shops

Other than that, I echo your sentiments exactly. For me the keyboard was the selling point. I have also been a Treo680 user (and a 650 and a 600 before that) so it is a given that I like palmOS and hate Wince in all it's flavours. I have looked seriously at the iPhone but there were two main hurdles for me:

1) No keyboard, I'm so used to 1 handed emailing and just the ease of using the Treo's that I couldn't swallow the idea of a virtual keyboard that takes up a huge portion of the screen and gives no tactile feedback when typing. Fair enough for entering a surname at the doctors' surgery but not as a mobile office solution.

2) I can't stand being part of the crowd, I like to be different. That's just me though.

I suggest you go down to an O2 shop and have a play, they should have both there for you to try out.
    The thing with no build issues is way wrong.

iPhone is one of the most repaired phones.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Re Iphone build quality, my sister is on her 3rd iphone in 6 months (and she only seems to get refurbs not new ones), I came from WM to Pre and did consoder the iphone (I have an Ipod Touch) but the combination of the keyboard and the excellent way multi tasking is handled (as opposed to NO multi tasking on the fruit phone made me pick the Pre. As fo itunes syncing, there are plenty of (free) third party apps if you have a PC (e.g. Double Twist) which will sync your Pre with itunes.

Finally just go to an O2 store and pick up a Pre, hold it in your hand and appreciate the industrial design, THAT is what hooked me in the first place.
    the only downsides to the iphone as I can see it are no multitasking, bad coverage, and it's much more expensive to own. If you're ok with that you'll probably love it.