Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    As I just doctored my phone, I lost all of my homebrew apps.

    Curious enough, when I went into preware to reinstall all of my favorite apps, I noticed that Pregame's brilliant Camera Flash LED Flashlight was no longer available.

    If anyone knows the reason for this, please kindly inform me.

    Also, If it is required to manually install the app, then please can anyone give me instructions on how to do this with the On-Phone Terminal App if possible?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    go into preware and into list of everything and start typing flashlight and two apps/patches should pop up that you have to have to use the led flashlight/camraflash
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #3  
    There's only one now. I think that was the OP's point.

    ian
  4. #4  
    Search tool is your friend.

    Just do a search for "My Flashlight." You'll find the two ipk's in that thread.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. #5  
    search,my flashlight , my bad lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scarroll14 View Post
    As I just doctored my phone, I lost all of my homebrew apps.

    Curious enough, when I went into preware to reinstall all of my favorite apps, I noticed that Pregame's brilliant Camera Flash LED Flashlight was no longer available.

    If anyone knows the reason for this, please kindly inform me.

    Also, If it is required to manually install the app, then please can anyone give me instructions on how to do this with the On-Phone Terminal App if possible?

    Thanks.

    just did mine lastnight, go to this url tehres instructions like half way down the page!!! follow to the letter and your set =)
  7. #7  
    lol ok that link dont work so heres the instructions!!!!

    AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!

    You can install the app itself, but the LED will NOT light up unless you install the DBUS service jar running as root from a command line!

    The IPK is therefore useless! Do not even bother with it, as it will do absolutely nothing.

    Note: All the "type:" instructions below mean to type everything as seen between the quotes, not including the quotes, then hit enter.

    Again; here are the working instructions:
    1. ROOT your Pre. Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    2. Login to your Pre using your favorite terminal.
    3. Make sure you are running as root (type: "su -")
    4. cd to root (type: "cd /")
    5. Make sure the filesystem is RW (type: "rootfs_open -t")
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar")
    7. Untar it. (type: "tar -xvf flashlight.tar")
    8. now reboot and logout. (type: "reboot", then "exit", then "exit")

    When your Pre comes back up, the flashlight should work if you have done everything correctly.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    lol ok that link dont work so heres the instructions!!!!

    AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!
    You don't have to root your phone. It works with preware and installing the ipks with quickinstall
    Forrest you are wrong.
  9. #9  
    oh its cool dude, those were just the instructions i used, the ipks want you to have a file den account and i couldnt figure out were they were so i did it the easy way =) rooting it took 3 mins =)

    oh and a side note i just searched for it in preware and its not therem typed in my flashlight and negative, the silly BADD one is there still..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    oh its cool dude, those were just the instructions i used, the ipks want you to have a file den account and i couldnt figure out were they were so i did it the easy way =) rooting it took 3 mins =)

    oh and a side note i just searched for it in preware and its not therem typed in my flashlight and negative, the silly BADD one is there still..
    Bro, one search for "MY Flashlight" and I found both ipks. No need to root. Install the two ipks that have "pregame" in the name of the file via WEbOS Quick Install.

    Index of /feeds/canuck-software
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Bro, one search for "MY Flashlight" and I found both ipks. No need to root. Install the two ipks that have "pregame" in the name of the file via WEbOS Quick Install.

    Index of /feeds/canuck-software
    WHAT??? maybe i need to update my feeds but i just did that a cple days ago??? ugh o well.. there you go dude you got both ways lol =)

    just a thought did you find it in preware? or WOSQI? i was speaking of preware!!!
  12. #12  
    I never got Preware to show the app. The rooting version worked for me. I had already rooted, so it was a 3 minute install. Thanks to all for your input.
  13. #13  
    dude you know it! i like knowing how to root as well as ipks =)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions