Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    their doing a great job advertising the pixi and actually showing what the phone can do. I actually hear average joes buzzing about this phone.
    just wondering why we couldn't get this with the pre!
    Last edited by LC_3720; 11/30/2009 at 07:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yes, and the tune is pretty catchy too unlike the Pre commercial.
    I've seen the spot, and while I think it's miles better than the Tamara Hope ads, I wonder why Palm can't actually slow down, show the screen in detail, and have an announcer explain the unique concepts in 30 seconds or less.

Droid commercials do it without being boring.

iPhone commercials do it without being boring.

Palm is somehow incapable?....

Here, it just looks like another phone that people swipe from left to right. Almost indistinguishable from HTC's "You" ads.
    I just saw the ad while watching House...pretty catchy, put a tad fast like mika mentioned, but it looked great!....they should redo the palm pre one.....
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Get real, Droid commercials are lame and iphone commercials are obnoxious. Although, both were better than the pre. I would definitely rather watch a pixi commercial over the iphone or the droid. I also think those HTC commercials are the best out of all of them. Call me mesmerized by the magic of modern advertising, but the pixi and htc commercials seem to give those phones more life. Every time I see a droid commercial I picture the Borg Collective.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Get real, Droid commercials are lame and iphone commercials are obnoxious.
    You must be referring to the initial Droid teaser spots. I'm talking about the ones currently running where they clearly explain how awesome Google Navigation is, and how it's unique to Droid, or how Android 2.0 has universal search that puts up music and YouTube results along with the Web, contacts, etc.

And iPhone commercials have been BRUTALLY effective at getting across the appeal of apps.
    Last edited by mikah912; 11/30/2009 at 08:28 PM.
    Hey, I did see that last spot on how droid showcases its features on nav, uni search and what not, and all I keep thinking was....hey the pre does the exact crap, what the hell!
    LMAO, just saw another Droid Ad that stated "its ok to be ugly" lol
    ok, not actual quote, but that Was the message lol
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You must be referring to the initial Droid teaser spots. I'm talking about the ones currently running where they clearly explain how awesome Google Navigation is, and how it's unique to Droid, or how Android 2.0 has universal search that explores puts up music and YouTube results along with the Web, contacts, etc.

And iPhone commercials have been BRUTALLY effective at getting across the appeal of apps.
    I know the one. If they work for you fine. They don't for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I know the one. If they work for you fine. They don't for me.
    They don't work "for me." They work PERIOD. BGR just announced the Droid is closing in one million sales in 30 days or less. iPhone is runaway sales leader. Pre, six months later, is.....?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    They don't work "for me." They work PERIOD. BGR just announced the Droid is closing in one million sales in 30 days or less. iPhone is runaway sales leader. Pre, six months later, is.....?
    Is BGR buying my phone? They might be buying yours lol.
    Advertising exists to drive sales and brand awareness.

The Droid brand and sales are surging and explosive.

iPhone brand and sales have BEEN surging and explosive.

Thus, the ads for these phones - no matter what you or I personally think about them - work.

Palm Pre and Pixi ads....?
    Is this the commercial ?

I'm not sure some get it. Palm's targets are mainstream buyers (for better or worse). People who don't own smartphones (not you). These same people still...still...have no clue about webOS, what it can do, that it can multitask visually or what benefits that brings. They have no clue it has a browser just like the iphone's. They have no idea it can do multimedia. They have no clue about synergy..that it can do IM's and text in same conversations. Or email. Or apps. Or free Sprint Nav. Or even a touchstone??

Why?

Because Palm hasn't shown it. Not with the Borg commercials. Not with these Pixi commercials that they've chosen to play annoying chipmunks music in that only seems to show the Pixi displaying pics.

So these buyers instead will go buy an iphone because their whole idea of a smartphone is the iphone that Apple hammers at them. Or a Droid because they're smart enough to show off Google Nav.
    Last edited by cardfan; 11/30/2009 at 08:48 PM.

Thus, the ads for these phones - no matter what you or I personally think about them - work.
    But how can these possibly be successful if qst4 doesn't like them? As a high-powered, industry-leading advertising guru his opinion is gold on this topic.

Don't be fooled by market results - empirical results are never as reliable as the lone ramblings of an anonymous internet poster.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Palm Pre and Pixi ads....?
    Really, Micah. Is it that easy to get under your skin? Droid has the best commercials EVAR. Happy.
    Anybody got that head exploding animated .gif from Scanners handy?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I agree it's a bit fast, but it is eye (and ear) catching.
  19.    #19  
    I think that if they wouldn't have chose the weirdo for the commercials the pre community would be wayy larger!, if not double. Palm can't just expect people to hear about the phone through hear say. People these days watch television more than anything, appeal to them!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_3720 View Post
    I think that if they wouldn't have chose the weirdo for the commercials the pre community would be wayy larger!, if not double. Palm can't just expect people to hear about the phone through hear say. People these days watch television more than anything, appeal to them!
    True, but I didn't think she was weird. The commercials were poorly done and I know a few times I had to change the station when they came on. But, I actually enjoy watching the pixi and htc commercials.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast