Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or when someone calls, the phone app takes a while to open?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    Is it just me or when someone calls, the phone app takes a while to open?
    Happens to me sometimes, too. It really ****es me off, too. I've missed calls for that reason.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #3  
    Since 1.3.1, I've found my Phone app to be incredibly responsive, actually. When I get a call, the app opens immediately and answers instantly when I slide open the keyboard. The same is true if I hit the green answer button with the slider closed, as well as with speed dials and (except for a tiny bit of a lag) with pulling up the keypad when on a call.

    In the past, in each of these cases, there would be an annoying delay that was one of my key frustrations with the Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4. #4  
    FYI the application answers immediately even if you don't see the application on your screen right away, so as soon as you either slide open or tap the green button you can start talking. I was confused about this at first, too, but found this answer on another thread (if I could remember where I'd link it...but...)
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    FYI the application answers immediately even if you don't see the application on your screen right away, so as soon as you either slide open or tap the green button you can start talking. I was confused about this at first, too, but found this answer on another thread (if I could remember where I'd link it...but...)
    Seconding this. As soon as you accept the call, you can begin talking and they'll hear you on the other end, even though the phone app may not come up for a few seconds.
  6. #6  
    Blaize and Kneecaps are right. Press answer and the phone is answered, the app will open on it's own time. Also, if the phone were to crash while your talking it will continue to keep the connection and not hang up until it comes back up (or the other person ends their call).
  7. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #7  
    1.3.1 did greatly improve performance of the phone app, but what I have always done is just left the phone card open. If the card is already open there is no loading time. I always have the following apps open: Messaging, Phone and Email along with whatever else I am using at the time.
  8.    #8  
    I understand you can start talking, but I nearly-always prefer to use the speakerphone (I type notes while on the phone).

    I guess I'll just have to leave the app open.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    I understand you can start talking, but I nearly-always prefer to use the speakerphone (I type notes while on the phone).

    I guess I'll just have to leave the app open.
    Aaaah...in that case, if you use a TS, just leave it on the TS and when you tap the green button it will automatically open in speakerphone mode. I'm guessing since you are typing during the calls you are at a desk & have access to power for the TS? Hope this helps.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"

Posting Permissions