1.    #1  
    The O2 Pre contract is supposed to come with free access to BT Openzone and The Cloud WiFi hotspots, but does anyone know how you actually connect/authenticate to these?

Several times my Pre has picked up and connected automatically to a BT Openzone hotspot but when I then open the browser I am either given a blank page or a BT Openzone login page. O2 have never provided me with a login so how do you use these WiFi hotspots?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Your phone number is the login
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, what about password?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    Thanks, what about password?
    My sentiments exactly.

I asked about this in the O2 shop but they didn't have a clue. They didn't even know about using the number as the username - great eh?
    I entered my phone number and it didn't ask for a password :/ or that I remember. It might be in the text message you got when you first got your phone.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    There is no password. Just pick O2 as your affiliate and enter your number
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

I asked about this in the O2 shop but they didn't have a clue. They didn't even know about using the number as the username - great eh?
    Call O2. I don't ask ppl in stores generally speaking.
    On the other hand you don't need a pwd. When you try to browse a page will show up on your browser and it will ask you to input your mobile number.
    That's all.

To be honest that didn't work for me in Starbucks in Winchester the first day I got the phone. However couple of days later I tried in Basingstoke and all worked fine. Not sure if the issue was a local or a launch with the Pre problem. However all seems to be working ok now.

Thanks
    Vas
    Thanks all, useful info for the next time I'm out and about
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway