Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    As is the case with most forums, this joint has become the place to rant about everything. I don't believe one has been started yet, but isn't there some love to give to Palm about this phone?

If you have a 'that's cool' moment, ah ha! moment, or go 'Wow!' for a reason related to this phone or Palm's support staff, let's list it here:
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Okay I'll go first.

Just got a call from Palm support. Friday the 20th I spent 4 hours trying to find out what Palm did with my 'Palm Profile' contacts. I was directed around tech support for Sprint, encouraged to go to a Sprint authorized repair shop, and finally told the similar story that others have dreadfully gotten: Your exchanged phone's software was too old and the update caused your profile to be wiped and backed up, thereby nullifying any possibility of recovery. Needless to say I would've done some ranting that night, but there have been too many other stories similar to this to feel like my story was any different....

....anywho, just got a call from Palm Level 3 Tech Support. They left a message indicating engineering has found a way to recover my lost contacts, and I should call back if I am interested in importing my lost data!

My optimism is guarded, but when I was told Tech Support would call me by the Sprint Repair Shop guy, I laughed inside, since I had just read on the forums that this was a joke.

I know I shouldn't have had to go through this in the first place, but being such a new set up, we all know WebOS is still working out the kinks. I did get a $50 credit on my sprint bill (little solace for someone who just lost contacts built up since 2001), and apparently after getting some good practice in learning how to do everything google, and also backing to my computer, I may get all the info back?!?

Thank you for working on a fix Palm!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    WOW!!
    This 'smartphone' is missing all the basics!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Dap went out years ago man. Perhaps if you explained what dap was or used a new term that some of the youngens can relate too, you might get more hits here. As it is, dap sounds like a contagious disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Dap went out years ago man. Perhaps if you explained what dap was or used a new term that some of the youngens can relate too, you might get more hits here. As it is, dap sounds like a contagious disease.
    I agree the only reason I checked this post was to see what dap was
    I know dap as chewing tobacco.... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    WOW!!
    This 'smartphone' is missing all the basics!!
    don't you have some homework to do lol ha ha , sorry just messin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    _
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    don't you have some homework to do lol ha ha , sorry just messin
    And I feel like I _still_ don't know what "dap" is...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    lol funny , dont get your pre wet ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    oh and just what the heck is a dap?? im like almost 40 years old and have never heard the term ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I know what DAP is. It is a type of caulk used in building homes. There is no DAP due on my Pre. It is a great phone. No air leaks or water leaks.
    it means respect or credibility and is also referred to as when two people bumb the tops of fists together. not that new Obama thing where they punch fronts, but the old school way.
    Ok, so this guy is gonna leave the boards all hosed that we starting joking about his post, so I'll stick to the original spirit as well. I have loved the Net2Streams Pro app. Because of it, my Pre has almost replaced my wife. There's just one more app I'm waiting for before I switch completely. Also mad "DAP" to fpalm for gdial pro. Amazing app. Also this phone has introduced me to Rod Whitby. He's the freaking man. If you need help with your Pre, see Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it means respect or credibility and is also referred to as when two people bumb the tops of fists together. not that new Obama thing where they punch fronts, but the old school way.
    C.H.U.D. = Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. I loved this movie as a kid. You just took me back to place once upon a time. Thanks and great name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    I know what DAP is. It is a type of caulk used in building homes. There is no DAP due on my Pre. It is a great phone. No air leaks or water leaks.
    i know that dap ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
    C.H.U.D. = Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. I loved this movie as a kid. You just took me back to place once upon a time. Thanks and great name!
    haha, yeah, i didnt ask for it. it just stuck with me for 20 years so i use it on forums.

surprisingly, ive never seen the movie.
    Is there a reason to why we can't play games like Madden or Doom on our Pre? Is the Webos software not good enough. I watched someone play Madden on their Iphone and was jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Is there a reason to why we can't play games like Madden or Doom on our Pre? Is the Webos software not good enough. I watched someone play Madden on their Iphone and was jealous.
    jealousy its bad thing for real!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast