Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    WOW!!
    This 'smartphone' is missing all the basics!!
    Nothing to see here folks, just another insipid post by someone who's so wrapped in "poor me and mine" that he just doesn't get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    Ok, so this guy is gonna leave the boards all hosed that we starting joking about his post, so I'll stick to the original spirit as well. I have loved the Net2Streams Pro app. Because of it, my Pre has almost replaced my wife. There's just one more app I'm waiting for before I switch completely.
    If you mean before you switch it out for your wife, I don't want to know what app you're waiting on...

Even I don't like the Pre that much...
    I love my pre!!!! If i want to play madden or any other game like that i have a ps3 to do that on. Good job pre!! Keep up the good work. You guys have to remember that the i phone has been out forever. Palm has to catch up. I think they are doing a good job!
    when are we gonna get a Fleshlight app?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Multi-tasking is a biggie, recent example is setting up a calendar appointment using details from an email without having to quit either programs. I also love that i can assign my favorite SMS tone (MGS Codec) for SMS alerts.

When i load a Youtube video over 3G, it doesn't look like it was recorded in 1967 or like i'm trying to stream it through a 28.8k modem connection...due to a certain device forcefully deciding the 'best user experience' for me whilst secretly saving O2's bandwidth (which i paid to use btw).

Finally the Pre doesn't lie to me about my signal/data connection status...telling me i have 5 bars/3G data when in actuality...i don't

A certain other device gave me ALL of these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    when are we gonna get a Fleshlight app?
    if you go into preware and into list of everything and start typing my flashlight then two apps will pop up that you need to load to have this led flashlight
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you go into preware and into list of everything and start typing my flashlight then two apps will pop up that you need to load to have this led flashlight
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Are you sure? I don't think they're there anymore. I originally installed the service and app manually. When I doctored my Pre, I looked for them under Preware, and couldn't find them. Just checked again, and I still don't see them.
    I guess I'll gush...

I (FINALLY) just came over from WinMo last week. That's an old freakin' beast, so there are a lot of little things that are missing that just shock me. But it's easy to overlook the things Palm did right cuz they just so smooth!

WinMo recently hasn't horribly sucked at multitasking, but it's an absolute dream on the Pre. The "cards" metaphor is as wonderful in practice as it was in watching in demo. Just amazed at how "as advertised" the cards are. Anyone who has used any other multitasking phone can back me up on how many ways mobile multitasking can be frustrating.

Also, for someone who's been lurking PC.net since January, I'm still wowed by things I didn't know were there. For instance, I was browsing in landscape and did what I thought was a "back" swipe only to discover it made the browser page up/down. It's such a dumb thing, but since I've noticed it I catch myself using it all the time. Really the only time I'm in landscape is to read a long page, while I normally navigate in portrait, so that gesture switch fits me like a glove.

Little Synergy things I knew to expect are nice. Like having a friend call and having their latest FB photo greet me. The little personal touch is comforting and a fun surprise.

I dunno... I wonder what other "little things" people notice but take for granted.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Does anyone here watch ESPN? Does no one keep up with anything outside of programming and technology? Dap is used quite a bit on Pardon the Interruption, and pretty sure any sporty 'youngsters' not too busy playing with their cell phones know EXACTLY what Dap is. My fault for trying to crossover some lingo that doesn't compute <slaps knee with laughter>

Now...let's see what kind of reaction that gets! Who wants to be the first Troll to rear their ugly response?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Who wants to be the first Troll to rear their ugly response?
    /raises his hand

I have been called far worse lol.
    I am "older" folks, but I knew whatcha meant bigfire...I promise. I also just got a giggle out of your puns.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Palm just wants our money
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    This has exactly what to do w/ this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I want your money too. Feel free to send it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I want your money too. Feel free to send it to me.
    Will you share?

Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    I know dap as chewing tobacco.... lol
    That's dip.. not dap..hehe and what the heck is dap? except for that drywall stuff.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I guess a lot of these nerds need a Wikipedia definition.

Start with this, and hopefully you understand the concept of a word or concept evolving to mean something similar but not exactly the same.

Dap greeting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original 'to give dap' evolved from the fist bump to now meaning 'give props' or respect....

....Now hopefully this thread can move on to the reason for my Original Post: Anyone have something good to say?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I give mad dap to my Pre, y0. Seriously, I love it. Had three (four? four) WinMo devices before it and whilst the Pre is lacking in some areas (all of which will probably be fixed via software updates), it excels in so many other areas that it more than makes up for it. I love my Pre (and webOS) so much that I talked my sister into getting a Pre, and my wife didn't even need to be talked into getting a Pixi -- she got it on launch day!

When I use other phones now, I feel like I've gone back in time several years. I'm excited about the Pre now, and even more excited about its potential and how much better it can get! But even if it never improved beyond what it is now, I would still love it.

/Kevin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12