Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi all - new to this forum. I've had a pre for about 45 days. Recently upgraded to v. 1.3.1 and now the phone seems to be running slower. Everything works but it just seems laggy compared to 1.2. Anyone else experienced this?
    welcome! Lots of people here who love to help. But one of the first things you need to do is search. There are lots of threads on this topic already.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Have you applied any patches? I found that even after removing patches that the 1.3.1 update seemed glitchy. I then decided to just webdoc back to a fresh 1.2.1 and upgrade the phone to 1.3.1. Still seemed a bit slow so once the webdoc for 1.3.1 was released, I webdoc'd to a fresh install of 1.3.1 and have not had any issues since.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    1.3.1 is slow and has a memory leak. smartreflex 600 will get you back to 1.2.1 speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    1.3.1 is slow and has a memory leak. smartreflex 600 will get you back to 1.2.1 speed.
    !WARNING! Using this or the CPU scaling 600Mhz patches have caused many people problems (this is why the patch descriptions warn of the use). There is a reason the CPU is at 500Mhz and that overall is life of the processor. Without using this patch you can expect a lifetime of 1-2+ years, with this patch it is expected less than 6 months.

The 1.3.1 patch should speed up most pres, if this is not that case you should really consider doctoring your phone. It also doesn't have any additional leak-age compared to 1.2.1.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I did have some patches installed and didn't realize they had to be removed before upgrading. I Webdoctored back to 1.2.1 and then upgraded. I'll take your advice and webdoctor to 1.3.1. Thanks much.
    my pre got kinda slow too but i just did the webos repair utility and it help me find a bug or two and fixed my phone . just sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Do you have PreGame's Flashlight and Flashlight Service installed? I found that these considerably slowed down the Pre until I removed these, now my Pre is as snappy as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Do you have PreGame's Flashlight and Flashlight Service installed? I found that these considerably slowed down the Pre until I removed these, now my Pre is as snappy as ever.
    i have these apps and mine is just fine lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->