1.    #1  
    Why is the Pre so slow? It takes forever to open up an app, finding a contact and multi tasking is technically working but just painfully slow. Any ideas anybody?
    Honestly you need to provide more details. The way you post it seems just like another trolling thread.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    The GPU in the Pre is currently sitting idle. It will (hopefully) be utilized in a future update thus offloading things like animations from the CPU allowing it to handle more tasks.

As a quick fix, try leaving your most used apps open so that you only have to swipe through them versus opening them every time you use them.

This is the guy who's hopefully going to be responsible for making the Pre faster (via enabling the GPU).
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    mines pretty speedy I'd have to say
    This signature for rent
    Mine runs pretty snappy but nothing mind blowing. My Touch Pro ran a lot faster but it was tweaked to hell with performance roms and patch's.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yeah, the OP may be exaggerating a bit but the Pre is certainly not as fast as it should be considering the hardware.
    i see this on here a lot, what does OP stand for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i see this on here a lot, what does OP stand for?
    Original Poster - person who started the thread.

Or "Opie" from the Andy Griffith Show back in the day.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    OP = Original poster

That said, I find the Pre to be no more slow or fast then any other phone on the market. Aside from dumb phones that is.
    I wonder if this is also going to save us some precious battery time... for one thing the gpu is probably using power while being idle anyway, and more instructions could be processed with less cycles being wasted on graphics in less time. Any ideas on that or maybe a more expert opinion?
    my pre just fell below the snappy threshold...time for a reboot
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    The battery would probably last longer with the GPU enabled. The CPU works less and I'd be willing to bet a lot the CPU consumes more power than the GPU, especially considering it's an OMAP 3430..

Keep in mind though that doing something like playing Need for Speed would most likely consume lots of battery. Reason being because you're eating up CPU cycles as well as putting strain on the GPU. This is a given on any mobile platform though.

I can tell you, playing Doom Resurrection on the iPhone, which btw is freaking sweet, the batter would drain VERY quickly.

On a side note, I hope once Palm enables the GPU, John Carmack takes notice and starts dishing out the frag!
    I'm satisfied with the speed and I'll just wait around until the true beast is released.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I'm satisfied with the speed and I'll just wait around until the true beast is released.
    Me, too. WebOS is worth the growing pains for me...now if I could just have it on my laptop...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I owned the Mogul, Touch Pro, and BB Curve before purchasing the Pre and to me.... it's not as slow as you make it seem. Sometimes there can be a delay, but with all phones that have as many perks, features, and is a multi-tasker to the magnitude of the Pre, the function in about the same time if not slower than the Pre.

In my opinion =)
  16.    #16  
    A little info on what I have on my Pre: email storage has been reduced from one month to 2 weeks (this should reduce load on memory, no?). Bunch of free apps from the Catalog Store (delete a few can speed things up, no?). Also not sure if closed apps still use memory as I like to open multiple apps and webpages at the same time. Considerably slow to open website in CJK (Chinese Japanese Korea) languages, and sometimes can not even close the webpage as it slows down everything on the machine. Is the Pre having trouble handling CJK languages? (some font rendering is not good, the iPhone does a much better job and can open the same website without any problem).

Any upcoming webOS update hopefully can improve the speed?
    just remember you have a trash folder in your email accounts and when you delete email thats where they go. so make sure you dont have alot of email in those trash folders and that will slow the phone down too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->