1.    #1  
    i think installed a bad patch or forgot to remove one when updating webos and now i can only use speaker when on the phone. receiver and headphones do not work.

any info regarding this issue is much appreciated.

i am ready to take webosdoctor to it but i'd like to keep most of my apps. is there a way to back them up?
    regular apps will re download automatically. if there homebrews, i dont think they will. but from what i understand you need to have all that removed before updating.

you will need to completely wipe it clean from what i have read in here, but i think there is a specific way. do a search as there have been plenty of threads like this one
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter600 View Post
    i think installed a bad patch or forgot to remove one when updating webos and now i can only use speaker when on the phone. receiver and headphones do not work.

any info regarding this issue is much appreciated.

i am ready to take webosdoctor to it but i'd like to keep most of my apps. is there a way to back them up?
    Call your voicemail. Do you see a "wired headset" icon in the place of where you would normally see your "speaker" icon in the phone dialer (green dialer)?

If you do, you have a hardware issue. Many threads on this. WebDR will do nothing for you. As a workaround, you can insert a q-tip with a drop of alcohol on it and insert it into the headphone jack. This sometimes helps release the stuck pin. Blowing into the headphone jack also sometimes works.

Either way, you'll need to return your Pre for a new one as this issue will continue to reoccur.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Call your voicemail. Do you see a "wired headset" icon in the place of where you would normally see your "speaker" icon in the phone dialer (green dialer)?

If you do, you have a hardware issue. Many threads on this. WebDR will do nothing for you. As a workaround, you can insert a q-tip with a drop of alcohol on it and insert it into the headphone jack. This sometimes helps release the stuck pin. Blowing into the headphone jack also sometimes works.

Either way, you'll need to return your Pre for a new one as this issue will continue to reoccur.
    ok here are the details:
    no speaker no headphone/set - no audio out of the receiver and other party cannot hear me
    headphones - can hear them but they cannot hear me
    speaker - no problems

the reason i doubt this is hardware issue becuase this happened to me before. i remember it was a relatively easy fix (some setting had changed) but i forgot what i did. i think the patch "slide open to answer call" or "slide open to answer speaker" screwed it up when updating to 1.3.1

i've also got some theme issues so thats why webdr
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter600 View Post
    ok here are the details:
    no speaker no headphone/set - no audio out of the receiver and other party cannot hear me
    headphones - can hear them but they cannot hear me
    speaker - no problems

the reason i doubt this is hardware issue becuase this happened to me before. i remember it was a relatively easy fix (some setting had changed) but i forgot what i did. i think the patch "slide open to answer call" or "slide open to answer speaker" screwed it up when updating to 1.3.1

i've also got some theme issues so thats why webdr
    Did you follow what I asked you to do prior to WebDR (callling your voicemail and checking for the icon in the green dialer?). If you've WebDr'd already, the issue will eventually reappear if it is indeed the hw issue. Just note the above instructions for future reference if the same behavior reoccurs.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    sounds like your stuck in headset mode to me. But if you think its a patch run EPR tool to remove all patches.
    all you need to do is reboot your phone with headset plugged in and start some music or pandora and let it play for a sec or three . then turn the music off and then unplug the headset and then test to see if a call works. if your ever using the headset and then unplug or plug in while talking or playing music or whatever is using sound it will get stuck. also try the webos repair utility to see if there is just a simple bug or something . if this does not work for you i dont know whats up . i would clean it up and take it back to see if sprint can replace or fix
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not sure if it the same problem, but this happened to me today as well. Was initially worried that it was related to a patch. However I believe this to be hardware related - after numerous times putting a headset jack in and pulling it out, finally I was able to use the receiver and get out of speakerphone. Essentially what I am saying is that I would agrree that this is probably a hardware issue, and I can only hope that this is not a common problem moving forward. Just my 2 cents.