1.    #1  
    Is there any app or anything that lets the pre type out a text while its being spoken? My friend has a droid and there's this cool app for google voice on it that allows them to speak out their text messages and hit send.. i have a google voice account to if that helps.. but i would really love an app that could type out my messages especially cause i have a really bad habit of texting while i drive.. if i could just speak it out and hit send it would be perfect /
    there is some guy on here giving away invites for the google voice app. maybe get him to invite you and use that?

then let me know how it works because i dont necessarily txt while driving im just really lazy and hate pushing buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanjeex View Post
    Is there any app or anything that lets the pre type out a text while its being spoken? My friend has a droid and there's this cool app for google voice on it that allows them to speak out their text messages and hit send.. i have a google voice account to if that helps.. but i would really love an app that could type out my messages especially cause i have a really bad habit of texting while i drive.. if i could just speak it out and hit send it would be perfect /
    Don't think this is possible w/o access to the mic via the SDK. Palm hasn't opened that up yet to the dev community.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Google's voice analysis software is surprisingly inaccurate. I have all my voice-mails redirect to Google Voice and there's about a 60%-80% rate of failure to correctly detect what was said.

While it's a nice idea, in practice some of the stuff that GV reported my callers saying was not appropriate in any means and I would never want to accidently say to my work associates nor my friends.
    There are quite a few online services that transcribe spoken messages to email. You could use one of them and just call that number. They just cost a little.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    There are quite a few online services that transcribe spoken messages to email. You could use one of them and just call that number. They just cost a little.
    One of the best voice to text/email services out there is Jott (Jott.com | Voice-to-Text Notes, To Dos & Reminders. Voicemail-to-Email and Text Message. Update Salesforce with a Phone Call.) Does a great job and will even let you set appointments to your google calendar and a whole bunch of other stuff. Really awesome!