Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I updated to the newest version of the webOS and now I have these gray bars in my SMS and IM windows. I also cannot forward TXTs. What do I do?
  2.    #2  
    Cant post links, post 9
  3.    #3  
    Post 10
  4.    #4  
    Here is what I am talking about:

on forwarding you just highlight the txt and hold your finger on it for a few and it will give you the option to forward.

the grey bars i dont know about but i have seen others complain on the same issue and i**** search you will find a solution.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    on forwarding you just highlight the txt and hold your finger on it for a few and it will give you the option to forward.

the grey bars i dont know about but i have seen others complain on the same issue and i**** search you will find a solution.
    I cant highlight text in messages either. I have done searches and I cant find much. I really hate the vBulletin search function.
    never seen grey bars. but in the 1.31 update came with text forwarding. when i touch a text it says forward, copy, delete in a small pop up box
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Text forwarding did work for me....at first. I then had a second 1.3.1 update install and now it doesn't do anything.
    It looks like you might have a patch that is interfering with the messaging app. Did you uninstall all of the tweaks before updating to the most current version? Try removing all of your patches and see if that helps. If nothing else, you could always WebOSDoctor it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    It looks like you might have a patch that is interfering with the messaging app. Did you uninstall all of the tweaks before updating to the most current version? Try removing all of your patches and see if that helps. If nothing else, you could always WebOSDoctor it.
    Unfortunatly, removing patches didn't fix the issue for me when I first updated to 1.3.1. There is a patch hanging up someplace that isn't comepletely removed. You will have to figure out what teh offending patch is and manually replace that file or you will have to doctor your phone.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Forwarding works for me and all I have to do is click on a messaage...
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Unfortunatly, removing patches didn't fix the issue for me when I first updated to 1.3.1. There is a patch hanging up someplace that isn't comepletely removed. You will have to figure out what teh offending patch is and manually replace that file or you will have to doctor your phone.
    Good idea replacing the original file. I don't know how I forgot to mention this but try running WebOSRepairUtility in the Canuck Software sub forum.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Ran the emergency patch removal (didnt fix) then ran WebOS repair, it works now. Thanks, totally forget about the repair utility.
  14.    #14  
    Uninstalled all patches, and I am running the repair utility. But now its giving me errors 3 and 5 Connection Refused (yes, my pre is plugged in and charging) and I click through them and it says on the utility window that I am restoring the missing files. Is this normal?
    I had this in the 2 weeks ago. I tried everything, but ended up Doctoring....
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    When I ran the EPR before updating to 1.3.1 it didn't remove all the patches... So I ran EPR once or twice more and then updated and everything worked fine.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    When I ran the EPR before updating to 1.3.1 it didn't remove all the patches... So I ran EPR once or twice more and then updated and everything worked fine.

EPR will really only remove patches it knows are patches. My experience with it is simply that if Preware or Quickinstall know there is a patch, then EPR will be able to remove/replace it as well. If either of those apps do not know the patch is there then neither will EPR. Also, some patches turn on features and even if the patch is removed, that feature may still remain on. Case in point is the notification LED patch. Those turned on features could cause issues with updates as well even if the patch that turned them on is removed/replaced.
    I am having this issue... I can't get rid of these grey bars....
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnaquin View Post
    I am having this issue... I can't get rid of these grey bars....
    have you tried the repair utility?? you should it may help? did you install and messaging patches ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Where do you find Webos repair? I am having the same issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast