Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Since the Daylight Savings, my meeting reminders are going off 1 hour earlier.

The appointment in the Pre is set correctly, but for some reason the reminder is triggering hour early.

Is the notification not Daylight aware?

UPDATE: it looks like the appointments added before the time change are having this issue.
    Last edited by jonsdad; 11/30/2009 at 08:07 AM.
    I am seeing a similar problem with recurring events. Once a week meetings and the reminder is set at the time of the event, but goes off 1 hour before the event is scheduled.
    I would check your Date & Time settings to see if your time zone looks correct. I had Network time zone enabled and was configured into America/Cayman even though I live in Massachusetts. What worked for me was to turn off Network time zone and force the correct time zone. Then, remove the calendar accounts, restart your Pre (I don't know if this is necessary), and then add the calendar accounts back.
    I had the same problem. I had to turn off my network time zone. I live in Illinois and it was set for Canada. I turned off the switch and so far everything is in sync.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I do see mine set as to network timezone and it is set to America/Cayman, but it says (EST). Isn't this Eastern Standard Time, which is same as New York. Correct?

In your case, it's same as Massachusetts.

Strange thing is that all new appointments are working fine. Only the old recurring appointments are messed up. If the problem is the TimeZone, wouldn't the new appointment would also be effected?
    i think if you just delete and reset they will work properly, not to hard unless you have alot lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I do see mine set as to network timezone and it is set to America/Cayman, but it says (EST). Isn't this Eastern Standard Time, which is same as New York. Correct?

In your case, it's same as Massachusetts.

Strange thing is that all new appointments are working fine. Only the old recurring appointments are messed up. If the problem is the TimeZone, wouldn't the new appointment would also be effected?
    The key difference is that America/Cayman does not observe DST.

America/Cayman - Time Zone Information - Daylight Saving Time (DST) Information

The reason time zone differences matter is that the meeting creator typically expects their meeting to stay at the same local time, for example 1:00pm localtime. The problem occurs when converting the meeting to a timezone with different timezone rules.

Let's assume you are in New York and you always want your meeting to start at 1:00pm localtime. If this is the case, for people in America/Cayman, the meeting would start at 12:00pm localtime prior to 11/1 and 1:00pm localtime from 11/1 until the next timezone change takes place.

This of course does not explain the behavior of why notifications are an hour early instead of an hour late or why the notification view was wrong but the calendar view was correct.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    OK. I received an earlier reminder to a meeting this morning. The strange things is when I went into appointment details by clicking on the appointment from the notification bar, the appointment had the wrong time. So, the reminder was correct.

The appointment viewed through the calendar had shown the correct time prior to the reminder.

So the calendar view had one appointment time and the event detail view from the notification bar had another appointment time.

I think the only work around is the delete and re-add the account whenever the DST is in effect and not.

I hope they fix this bug.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i think if you just delete and reset they will work properly, not to hard unless you have alot lol
    I just changed to the correct time zone and did not have to delete or reset to see everything back in the right place. Otherwise, my repeating events after the Daylight Savings Time date were all one hour early in the calendar. Everything is fine now.